Vulpus, Familiar ex Tartessos

Disclaimer: subject to change as soon as I can hand him off to another player:

He would LOVE to teach Philosiphae to anyone willing to stand still for it! :laughing: He'll leave the experimental stuff to Hakima, it's a little too hands on for him. He does plan on writing, but we already have texts better than anything he is likely to ever achieve.

He has Com+6 and good teacher. His tracti are better than anything we are reasonable likely to find in the "wild" in the mundane world. Heading out to reigo's or off-world might have something better.

Silveroak - Should be ready to look over again.

looks like you miscalculated points in Aramaic. I get 11+3-8+2=7x1.5=10.5 per season with vis

The Aramaic text (actually all the language texts besides Arabic) was L6/Q17, so it should be (17+3-8+2)*1.5=21

sorry, it was Arabic that our calculations differ on...

I found the error -the text was a L7/Q14 summa, but I listed the SQ of the calculation as 11 (should have been 14) The corrected equation should be (14+3-8+2)*1.5, which Excell assures me is still 16.5

Looks like the error was in formula setup, not the math, so I think the only change needed is changing 11 to 14.

okay, that is finished then.

I think I can get most of what I need from your write up of his central character concept. One thing that I wanted to ask about was his Driven flaw. He wants to get a diploma. I'm guessing from a university. I assume he knows how hard it would be for a talking fox to earn a degree. Still, I suppose it doesn't stop him from trying. This is Mythic Europe, after all. And he's probably better qualified than most of the students currently enrolled - and a good number of the instructors.

Also, what was he before he was a familiar? I just want to get a feel for his background and what made him thirst for knowledge.

This, exactly. Possible, but extremely hard. Recall also that the nature of the flaw is mutable; if he succeeds, then it will change to Driven: Establish Domus Auras as the premier educational institute in Europe, or something similar. Again, possible in a multi-generational saga.

a typical "perfect" fox. Too clever for his own good. Have you ever seen the movie "Fantastic Mr Fox"? I see his early years as Foxy T Foxx, creating overly complex plans to steal chickens from local farmers, but when he met Tartessos, his Intellego aspect came to the forefront. The human method of learning/teaching/recording means he can be important for what he knows rather than what he does.

Short term motivations: become a teacher and an author (both of which he's actually pretty good at) and possible learn Ancient Maltese (will require vis/and or confidence expenditure to reduce his learning penalty).

Mid term motivation: start using Astrology. If you look at his detailed character creation Artes Liberales, I left room for him to learn Inceptions, but never detailed them.

On an aside note, one reason why he loves hanging out with Tartessos is that he gets to spend an ENTIRE season telling a fellow expert how they are doing things wrong, and the right way of doing it. Tartessos puts up with it because Vulpus gives him a killer bonus to lab work.

When do you want me to jump in as Vulpis?

Go ahead and take him now, just don't get him killed!