Warping and Multiple Traditions

Yes, I suppose you could say it that way. Though you could say the same for the third of the three Divine Ascents, yet in that case you could manage an either-or without trouble. (The remaining of the three having been mentioned earlier as having the same difficulties as Divine Form.) But close enough I would say.

I don't think it's an implied assumption. I believe it's explicit. But of course that can be changed.

Yes. That's why I've said keeping a single Warping Score won't always let you select Twilights and the equivalent on an either-or basis. You would need a further house rule or an addendum to the house rule to address these issues (which may or may not exist elsewhere) as well.

nod I can see your issue.

OTOH, it doesn't both3er me as much, perhaps because way back when I already schooled myself to the idea that even a normal magus who gains Warping points from something that has nothing to do with Magic can still go Twilight.

So I'm ok that sometimes a magus with DF will just get DF affects and sometimes Twilight too. I certainly prefer that to having 2 scores; character sheets already have too many scores.

So, I guess that solution here would be that it depends on the Warping Source, and if it is Magical, discuss with troupe. On the bright side, I'm the SG, and this is a SG character for now (someone else is going to take her over, but he's on holiday currently, and wanted the character at least introduced), so I can mostly leave that discussion to myself for now. Hmm. I guess it would be an interesting discussion. And one of our covenant members will surely want to study it.

Definitely Viktir. Though, as I've mentioned before, the Viktir method of Warping bothers me since there's no upside at all, which stands out among all other traditions, since they all have some sort of upside. To slightly side-rail the conversation, is there any way to fix that do you think? I'm bad with that sort of balancing act. I understand that WP * 2 XP in Art + Scar, or Minor Virtue, or Major Virtue or etc should be the outcome most times (with some rare exceptions, like Sahirs, or Muspelli), but I don't know how to fit it in flavour-wise, and what should happen.