What are your House Rules, again?

So you thought on enchantments, OK.

IIRC, I used the following on items:

• Max penetration = Casting total for the spell, or (Penetration + AC modifier)*5, whichever was the lower.

Spells that had natural resistance rolls based on a stat (or appropriate personnality trait, for mentem effects), echoing previous editions resistance for ReMe and PeCo. Ease factor was 9 IIRC, +1 per added magnitude. You could chose to fail at this roll.

If GMing again, I'd like to try out the "Bane" MR idea, combining "parma cancels magic" (the most common HR inconsistantly used to avoid pink dot) and traditionnal parma:

There are probably things I overlooked, but mostly, it seems fine. Most people that HR parma do things like that, save that they alternate on a whim between cancels and protects. This tries to do the same thing, in a cleared up and consistent fashion, and with a "rationnal" explanation (lol lol lol).

One of Our House rules is that Fixing an Arcane connection does not actually make it a +4 connection. It just means that it's a Permenant Arcane connection in that it won't expire. However it can be fixed as an additional action which does not require the whole season of work.

This is perhaps more useful in light of magi of Hermes where the ability to capture someones breath as it leaves there body (Conscientias Pneum Flask) and then artificially extend the duration (Ranulfs Box of Burning Embers) could be combined into 1 (admittedly invested) item that at Tribunal would allow you to capture with more or less impunity enough arcane connections to bring down the big hitters in a tribunal.

You're casting the spell at their breath as it leaves there body....not them. So if done subtly enough, it would perhaps not even be noticed.

Fixing that connection to a +4 connection would mean that one pretty low level item would give you a huge benefit in a wiz war.

A