What does an itinerant Sahir do in Mythic Europe?

Here is the relevant paragraph from pages 40-41:

SEEKING AND SCOURING
A sahir can locate new spirits to summon as a seasonal lab activity. This requires knowledge of Solomonic Storytelling, an applicable Area Lore Ability, an Arcane Connection to the area he is searching, and a pawn of form-appropriate vis. The sahir casts a kind of magical net over the area that finds and holds an appropriate spirit. Then, he may either invite the spirit to visit him in his laboratory, which is called seeking, or force the spirit to come to him, which is called scouring.

The paragraph uses the term "applicable", which to me means the sahir can use any Area Lore (on the basis it is all at Arcane Connection Range, so whether the sahir is "local" or "distant" becomes meaningless), whereas the formulae however uses the term "appropriate" which could have a similar or a different meaning as you say. Given everything is at Arcane Range (to the area), I would interpret that a European based sahir in possession of an Arcane Connection to his homeland could Seek/Scour his homelands from Europe without difficult using an applicable/appropriate Area Lore.

Ultimately it depends on your original intent Erik, but I like the alternative option to be honest!

Perhaps something for erratta?

I'd also note that if the sahir had access to an Intangible Tunnel or similar effect that linked back to his homelands, would it be possible to Seek/Scour through such a link? (in which case the sahir may have travelled to Europe with a magic item or jinn with the ability to create/maintain such a "wormhole")

Lachie

For ease of reference I've created a link to the relevant threads on sahir / Jinn over at my blog for those interested in previous (and future discussions).

Lachie