Wild Kingdom, Andorra Edition (Summer 1245)

She pouts in that femme fatale way that makes men nervous.
Well, it seems you have manipulated yourself into quite a conundrum Kallista.
She picks up her heavy bag and drops it. She bats her eyelashes at The Woad.
You seem ever so much stronger than I am. Would you be a dear and carry this for me?

As for her appearance, she is a comely lass, well kept and well dressed. Her style is a mix of Frankish finery and Greek sensibility (a skirt with a hem at knee level).

She is the type of woman that, if it were the modern day, one man would get on all fours to serve as her bench as another man lit her cigarette while she stared seductively at a third man.

The Woad smiles slightly for just a moment, before resuming his stone face. His rebellious nature takes over, he turns away with his spear over one shoulder, and answers over the other:
Nope!
In Hibernia we believe in equality between the magus and the maga. So you shouldn’t bring more than you can carry yourself. But maybe carry just over your comfortable limit? That’ll make you stronger. Anyway, let’s go.

1 Like

She doesn't budge. She just shakes her head to indicate that you are a disappointment as a man.
Modi and Magni trip over each other trying to help and show off how helpful they are. Edith throws her hands in the air.
Whatever. So we are done here? Back home or back to the cabin?

OOC The grogs are not here, there was only limited space on Maurice's back. Only the 4 magi travelled to meet Venkath, IIRC. Or did we travel back to Simon's place already?

1 Like

Those two kids are teleporters. They can go anywhere they have an Arcane Connection to, as long as no one sees them depart or arrive. Edith is mother to the one and aunt to the other, so that qualifies as an AC (presuming they show up behind everyone's back just like this)

The Woad shakes his head at the twins, and speaks to Kallista:
Self reliance, woman. How are you southerners ever going to learn that, if you lure men into doing things for you? You may learn it wins respect from men, rather than a desire to impress you. Real men, those willing to admit they are not indispensable. And you’ll know men to respect you, rather than wanting to own you, whether that is even possible or not. At least that’s how things were in Hibernia, where the Woad is from.
We are already helping you on your quest , but we are not doing it for you. But have your fun if as you like. The Woad, however is not taking the bait.
So...Let’s go already!
Ahem, to wherever that is. Could you perhaps elaborate on that, please?

1 Like

Kallista looks into The Woad's eyes with a gaze that could cause a monk to renounce celibacy.
My sweet dear. ALL men are expendable.
:kissing_heart:
I am just teasing dear. We here in the south tend to favor romance and passion. The gender roles that affirm who we wish to be in or relations on the mortal sphere.
But we are Hermetic Magi! We command the primal forces of nature and task them to our bidding! And in essence, is that not what I have just done?
You think my charms mundane because you resist my natural magic virtues with Parma Magica. If you were to but lower your shields, we could have so much fun. :lips:
Oh my! I forget myself. My husband is a dragon. I don't want to get you in trouble!

The Woad laughs

My dear, you would be a welcome addition to Hibernia, as a light amidst the conflict. Fights would break out over you, songs would be written, and come winter stories would be shared to help the hearth keep awau the cold and darkness.

The Woad is pleasantly surprised by the south so far. What he lacks in charms and sophistication he more than makes up for in stamina. But for a warrior to be prepared, he delegates carrying things to mules, or to trusted grogs if care needs to be taken with the cargo. You pick.

And the Woad thinks you are right about that dragon husband, he heard that dragons are hard to be secretive and sneak around.

But do tell about this quest, so we can help you better. You are looking for a spear? What is the story and what leads to you have?

I have no idea. Venkath seemed excited about it. He seems to have an intuitive grasp of story magic. Though he doesn't understand it like that. I just smiled and went along with whatever you guys told him. I has started to suspect his time trap, and figured that the best chance I have at getting my son ot of there is to go along with whatever secret knowledge you guys have.

Marcellus smiles, amused at the byplay between Kallista and The Woad, but eventually turns to Maurice.

"If we are to accomplish this quest, however, we first need to get back to Andorra. Could you carry us back to the comrades we left with Simon, please?"

1 Like

That can be accomplished with mo problem. What else do you seek to accomplish in this story? Should we tie a bow? Leave a dangler? Or keep going?

Closing scene where the magi plan how to complete the various tasks we took on?

1 Like

Sure :slight_smile:

You may assign any tasks to Ikelos that seem fit. He will be waking up from a bump on the head after falling off Maruice.

1 Like

(So, fast forward back to the covenant?)

As the party marches back into the courtyard of Andorra, Marcellus approaches the other magi. "Sodales, what would you say we meet back to discuss the implications of our meetings with the dragons, as well as the tasks that need to be performed?" He proposes a time and place for the meeting, giving everyone a few hours to clean up and rest.

He arrives a bit early, wondering if all of the magi who participated in the outing will come.

1 Like

OOC: I will let others catch up and sound off. I was also wondering, you you guys want to try using Discord to run a live Tribunal by voice? Not sure how well that will work. It is an experiment.

is there a time we could all be available? My time is pretty restricted- I have a few hours on monday or tuesday evening I could do such a game by voice.

I would rather not. Mainly because Mom tends to need help with one thing or another somewhat randomly; and, she's fairly conservative/Southern Baptist, and I'm not comfortable with doing a game where I'm pretending to be a wizard where she can hear me. (She knows I game, but as long as she can ignore it, she's kind of okay with it.)

As interesting as that sounds, I think the practical challenges of a live-chat session would be very difficult to solve.
Time zones are one thing, I'm in CET, so late US evenings are early mornings here.
Another thing is finding uninterrupted time, where there is not work, housework, or family obligations. For me, that would be 1900-2200 CET, on weekdays when there are no other engagements.
Doesn't sound too promising.

I'm in CST (American, GMT-6 which means CET-7) so 1900 CET would be 1200 my time and 2200 would be 1500. If it weren't for the pandemic my kids would be in school at that time, but until that ends I would be busy during those times.