Winter 1200 Provence tribunal

Gerard shrugs. "Nothing other than wanting to be sociable. It's nice to be with fellow members of the order. This is the first tribunal since these two" he puts his hands on his son's heads affectionately, "were born, so I wanted to show them more of the order than just Bentalone." He speaks a little more quietly. "You should be careful about which covenants you apply to. In most cases, by choosing a covenant you're choosing sides, between pagan and christian, cathar and anti-cathar, Mithras and Mercury. And there are other factions I shouldn't say much about. My advice is to take pains to stay neutral, which I try to do; though I'm a Mercurian so I can't stay out of things completely."

"Seems like whatever covenant I choose, I'll likely be taking sides, but thanks for the heads up. Though truth be told, I don't think anyone can actually remain neutral, though one can give it a good try. Me? i like some quiet, to have time to build things, but I do like some fun along the way." She says with a wink.
And then surveying the room, she slides close to Gerard, and lowers her already low voice. "You seem to be a nice enough person, for now. What covenants would you say I should apply for? Keep in mind that I'm a temperamental, moody woman with a penchant for the occasional mischief."

Gerard thinks for a minute. "I guess the only truly neutral covenants are us, and Belloquin. You say temperamental... how do you feel about little scamps turning up in your lab no matter how many times they've been warned?" He looks down at the boys, who look up with big, innocent eyes.

Typhannie lets out a laugh "These two?! As long as they can keep their hands to themselves, they're most welcome. But" and she looks at the boys closely "If they misbehave, you could say the they might be swept by the winds, and I can't guarantee that it would be easy to find them." And gives them both a wink.

The boys stare pugnaciously up at her. One says, "You mean you can make us fly?" They both look excited at the thought. Gerard says. "So far, they've gotten away with a lot because they have a doting war-magus for a father. But some sort of consequences would certainly be warranted." He smiles at Typhannie, but his blue eyes are like chips of ice. "I'm sure nothing too horrible or permanent would ever befall them."

Typhannie smiles at the boys sheepishly "Not yet, but with you two to inspire me, maybe I'll get inspired to figure out such a spell. If you guys agree to teach me some secrets of your own." And she pats their heads before returning a smile at Gerard's icy look, but her response is nothing more than a whisper, though he can probably read her lips enough "I wouldn't hurt them, but it's better they think I might."

Gerard's eyes warm a little, and he nods. "Well, we have space. I'm sure there are other options, too, that you may wish to consider. Some of the magi here have a prejudice against Normandy, the Flambeau in particular, so you should be careful about that."

With her right hand she moves aside a strand of hair that has fallen off. "Considering that I left Normandy to come here, and that you're a Flambeau, I'll take my chances. Though, according to my master, the Falmbeau used to love getting enchanted staves that commanded fire at a distance, especially ones he's crafted. Me, I like a slightly different approach. Give me open sky, and a breeze blowing, and I'll be content." And realizing that she hasn't really offered anything of her own to his covenant, she adds "But I will be happy to enchant items for you, and perhaps for your boys as well, in time. And will use my magic on behalf of the covenant."

Gerard nods. "Well, that's fine. I don't need any myself, but the covenant may have needs, that it would be good to have you around to solve. You can come back with me at the end of tribunal."

And with this we come to the trial.
The prosecuting Guernicus lays out, despite frequent interruptions, how the rocks thrown at Windgraven were, at best, carelessly aimed, and frequently it could be shown that singular rocks hit multiple labs, and there is a strong indication that the rocks were thrown with a wizards communion, which is clearly not part of the definition of a wizard war as a mano-a-mano conflict. The defenders argue that the entirety of each covenant was involved in the war, and the wars were declared in response to actions taken by the covenant as a whole. Every magus at Windgraven knew they were a target for a wizard war, and that the group nature of the dispute was widely known, both by the magi of Windgraven and by many outside the feud. They also point out that the same argument which applies to the prosecution applies to the defense, namely hat the prosecutor is incapable of specifying which wizard broke the code or how, or how any guilt which might exist should be apportioned.
(aside- by her background Typhannie is not yet actually a member of the tribunal, and cannot vote.

Were the sigils of the individual magi of Mistridge detectable? Was it clear that the Windgraven magi were attacked - such that any of their actions would have been self-defense, regardless of whether the magi could be identified?

These questions have not been addressed by either side in the presentation of facts. I'm not even certain what the relevance of Windgraven acting in self defense would be, as they are all believed to be deceased.

[I guess not relevant, I was thinking there was an inverse argument that would be negated but there isn't really.]

Gerard wants to make a speech, about how the order is supposed to allow magi to coexist peacefully, not go to war en masse; but he is shy, and he remembers the history of war and strife, so he doesn't. He sits, and wishes he had the words to sway the tribunal.

He will vote to censure Mistridge.

Typhannie answers gerard "I'd be most pleased to go back with you, when the Tribunal is over." And while the trial is held, since the boys are too fidgety to stay, and having no vote for now, she takes them outside, and amuses them with small Auram tricks. and asking them questions about life in the covenant. (She's not prying any secrets, just general questions.)

The vote to censure Mistridge for its lack of care is passed, but no fine or other punishment is actually levied. Nearly everyone is dissatisfied with the verdict, which Chief Guernicus Protantus describes as a sign of a good decision.

5xp, 1 confidence for Gerard.

Once they leave the Tribunal hall, Typhannie will call Wind Feather, her Barn Owl familiar, both to enjoy it's company, since it disliked being around so many people, and to have Gerard, Jaufres and Guillheim get to know her.