Winter 1221, Chp 4: The Search for Maribus / Wrath of Sanno

How's Rhodri's eyesight in this aura?

Sinmore is absorbing what's being said regarding the location. "I say we, and by that I mean someone who can be more polite than myself, makes contact with the Maga and see if we can look about as well if she knows anything. I'd ask...but I'd probably say it as blunt and rude as I just did."

His faerie sight has not picked up on anything special. But bear in mind that for Second Sight to perceive a regio boundary, you'd have to be able to mundanely see it as well. Rhodri hasn't gotten a Second Sight check yet, because of the fog. I let Intellego spells perceive through mundane obscurement as well. It's not strictly kosher, but I do it because Intellego is the most overlooked Technique ever, and I hate that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Whispering to Sanno, "Know how to get in and speak with her by chance? Maribus didn't bring me along the times he visited this area. Does she reside in the Regio?"

If a do-able response is given, he'll turn to the others... "Hrm, it may be best if I go across alone at first. I'd not want to bother the maga unduly and one intruder might succeed where many would not. I'll try not to be long. Give me a bit of time. Perhaps ." And proceed to Stride (Mastered) there.

I was more concerned with knowing if his vision was aided or hindered by the aura.

After a few minutes or so Attravere returns to the shore beside the others, grabs a pebble and turns to the collected magi.
"I wanted to let you all know it may take a bit longer than expected. She's in the middle of some perdo vim ritual. Maybe not something that everyone wants to experience."

And with that he'll Stride back across.

"If she's in the middle of a ritual, the polite thing to do would be to let her focus on the ritual. I would prefer not to disturb her. There are other islands for us to investigate, too."

"Really? A Perdo Vim Ritual within a Divine area - ((OOC: unless I botch a Magic Theory Roll)) is this Ritual casted on a regular basis? It's rare for a conglomerate Aura to exi-actually, if I remember correctly, it's impossible for layered auras. Regios, yes, auras, no. One should overpower the other - even in equality there would be an aura border but not a pure mix as present here. The possibilities are very interesting and endless - if possible I could see many of House Merinita being very interested to perhaps augmet Fairie-Magic auras. If she is objecting to company then I leave her to you - otherwise I would love to know what she's doing/experiencing." Aequi seems to pace and walk in a very small circle as he talks out the implications of a layered area.

"You're right, she can't really respond about her willingness, or lack thereof, for additional company in a Ritual."

With the chance to run off and experience something new thwarted by the good graces of politics and common sense, Iapetus lets out a low sigh, settling himself back down into a seat. His eyes flick back and forth over the conversations, lips slightly pursed as he follows the people talking back and forth. "Hmmm. I definitely need to study more," he mutters, pondering the discussion.

Attravere reappears on the shore once more a few minutes later, noticeably perturbed.

"Sanno, I need you to put out the bonfire and interrupt the ritual the maga is casting without harming her if at all possible. We need to stop her from potentially closing or destroying the regio."

And Attravere will grimace at his compansions and 7LS himself back.

Sanno swims out to the island. From the shore, through the fog, everyone can see a giant wave swell up over the island, poising in mid-air as it swells ever larger. As it is 60' tall, finally it crashes down onto the bonfire.

Attravere pops back to the island once the water clears.

While Attravere is back on the island, the rest of you wait for perhaps five minutes, when suddenly the ground begins to rumble and shake. A giant shape wreathed in shadow and flame erupts from the ground where the bonfire was before Sanno put it out. The figure emits a deep, rumbling inhuman laughter, before flying off into the distance.

Attravere returns shortly thereafter, thoroughly fatigued and seats himself on the stony shore.

"Bad news, covenantmates. That black -thing- was some "bane of humanity" if the maga was to be believed. It appears she was trying to seal it in the regio, which I prevented her from doing. Further it seems likely that creature was the cause of Maribus' death if he had been here. The regio remains open for us to investigate at the least, though I don't expect kind treatment from the Maga in the future."

Attravere lies down completely.

Sinmore stands, literally gobsmacked at the display of nature's fury and then further awed at the giant figure standing amidst the ruins. She barely hears Attravere's explanation as she looks at the being and follows it with her eyes as it flies off.

"What...what did she say that was?" she finally asks Attravere.

"Next time you should consider listening to my advice... The first thing we must do is obtain arcane connections to that thing if there are any to be found here."

Attravere raises his head with a sour expression and starts to say something to Rhodri then thinks the better of it and drops it back down.

The fury of wind and wings has blown off quite a bit of the fog.

Aequi can clearly see that a regio entrance lies just beneath the steaming, ruptured earth where the bonfire once was.

As the group of you are standing about wondering what to do next, off in the distance, a hooded figure on a black steed seems to be prancing across the surface of the water to the maga's hut.

"Well...things likely can't get much worse. Let's head for the Regio, we're here to find Maribus's killer!" Sinmore finally states. She'd been reigning in her headstrong nature for a long time now, trusting in others that she considered wise. But inaction did not suit her. She starts heading towards the source of the disturbances they were witnessing; the portal above the former bonfire.

Will Sinmore remove her armor before she tries to swim across?

Also, just as a reminder, only Aequi can see the regio entrance, which is beneath the smoldering embers, and below the surface of the water.