Winter Drake Hunt (Winter 1230)

Arachné gasps
By everything that's holy!
She turns towards the redcap
You were right to warn me of this. Close this behind us, and don't talk about it to anyone. This must be kept secret until the others come back. And don't come here again: This may be trapped. Probably by magical items, which makes it all the more difficult to detect. Still...

Arachné will try to detect any active magics, like a constant detection spell for exemple. This won't detect an item as magical: An item that puts in a trance everyone that touches the door won't be detected. She'll use ceremonial casting.

In 05 + Vi 14 + Sta 01 + AL (ceremonial) 03 + Philosophiae (ceremonial) 03 + Aura 05 = 31 / 05 = 06.
Base 3 (detect magic of 06th magnitude or higher), Personnal +0, Mom +0, Target: Smell (+2) = 05. Yes, she sucks at formulaics, all the more reason for her to craft craft craft.

Vocis: Per +2, Folk Ken 1, die roll 7 = 10

Well, it seems that both Estaban and Vocis discen Tiana has an ulterior motive. But what then? Will they bring it up now, or talk about it later while on the trail, or never mention it?

Otherwise, I'd like to put the group on the trail :smiley:

Not sure where to go, so I will give you some OOC hints and maybe you can help out. There likely is enchantments upon the door &/or the space beyond. But there are spells to obscure or disguise magic that would be in place. But would those spells in turn be detectable?
There is defineatly something mystical in nature here.

Marko, just FYI, the only spell Gardaitis has active at the moment is Bear's Fortitude. Good precaution when traveling through war-torn territory.

You are many miles from war torn territorry. But it is useful, since there now appears to be a few Ogres up on a clive overhead, throwing boulders down upon you. The first volley rains down around you, nothing hits. But you can clearly see they are about to lob more stones at you and your entourage.

Vocis will just file it away for later.

The falling boulders wring a terrified scream from the kids, and Gardaitis cuts across it with a full-throated roar. "Don't panic!" He continues in a lower voice, snapping confident commands as he swings his shield into place. "Grab the kids and run for the trees. Zigzag so they can't aim."
(( Com 0 + Leadership 3 + ambush specialization + roll of 2=6. Meh. Hopefully it'll at least cut down on their panic.))

He'll follow the women to the trees, stepping backwards and watching where the boulders fall. If one of the women is slow off the mark (i.e. passes within Touch range) he'll tag her with Veil of Invisibility. Otherwise, there's not much he can do, magically or otherwise, till he gets "his people" under cover.
He will step in between a boulder and a kid if that's what it takes. wince

((Assuming he survives the next couple of rounds, will you let me know, please, roughly how many ogres there are and how high the ledge is?))

The group is supposed to return to the covenant before they head off on the hunt...

There are (currently) three ogres on a cliff about twenty yards high up on a cliff that is maybe fifteen yards away from the trail you are on

This isn't the hunt. It is a sidetrack mission negotiated with the dragon in order to get him to agree to renew the hunting treaty.
However, you have a point. I feel the party should split into two groups, one to kill off this giant ogre and the rest should head home.
Also, if any player has more than one character present, that is a mistake on my part for not catching it. Only one character should be part of the adventure at hand.

Vibria will volunteer for the "Kill the monsters and take their stuff" mission.

Poor Vulc.

Poor Vulc.

Tiana would opt for heading home, not being in any way inclined towards fighting.

((Okay. I know you're trying to juggle timing, so please let me know when -- and/or whether -- my character's plan to get "his people" under cover is successful. He intends to take the fight to the ogres after that.))

Vocis (and Celeste) will join the ogre hunt. He usually only sees Flambeau blowing stuff up from a distance. :slight_smile:

Esteban's going to let it pass without comment ... for now. :slight_smile:

Esteban is delighted at a chance to kill monsters and take their stuff right now. :slight_smile:

Guillaume has been studying too much and needs some exercise. Ogre hunting sounds good.

I need a list of who "his people" are again, just to keep track. Anyway, you dodge rocks and get them into the woods safely. The ogres stop flinging boulders, and scale down the cliff to come after you. It has been a harsh winter up in the mountains, and they are hungry :smiling_imp: