Your Casus Belli for Wizards War

I would assume it really depends on the political abilities of both parties. It can be argued that the aggressor is trying to influence the voting process, which is a violation of the code.

I will respect as equal the votes of all others at the Tribunal

This can probably be avoided entirely with even a weak legitimate casus belli. But let's keep in mind that a tribunal hearing is effectively a Ting. If the aggressor is unpopular, they may be successfully convicted even though the charge is somewhat flaky.

I am inclined to think most WWs are probably tools of political machination, and not declared to be carried out.

1 Like

There was a mad mage who was at risk of drawing the ire of the nobles towards the order (warping commonfolk for experiments). Technically no crime was committed yet, so the Tribunal voted to conceal it from the nobles. Lucien the Scholar, Merinita Extraordinaire, was selected to lead the task force.
He grabbed a bunch of bright young magi, one of whom had MMF Weather, taught her Leadership and lead a group into researching a level 65 or 70 Summon Hurricane ritual, Wizard's Day Of Communion, and absolutely destroyed the countryside and killed hundreds if not thousands in the floods and lightning.
Lucien then blamed everything on Zeus, so clearly the Order of Hermes is blameless, and now they can protect the poor fragile mortals from angry faerie gods.

4 Likes