Zarkut ex Miscellanea

fixed. I needed Magic Theory to be at 6 with spell specialization for my spell learning so got rid of a couple of other skills to get it back to 50 xp before affinity.

@silveroak I just realized, the page with my build has 25 xp in Comprehend Magic and 70 xp in Second Sight (to give me a 3 and a 5 respectively, after the free 1 from the virtues) but they aren't on the character sheet on the first post.

Apparently, I didn't include enough lines of excel in my table code generator. Fixed now.

Zarkut sees a well lit lab apparently designed around a desk, with maps upon one wall and a mirror opposite the map. A balcony protrudes from one side, despite not being far off the ground, and a collection of bits of masonry and pieces of ancient structures sit together, organized and labeled, including two pieces which stand out that look to be pieces of a triumphal arch.

Zarkut has a size 2 lab with magical (superior) lighting, a (lesser feature) balcony, (lesser feature & lesser focus) desk, (lesser feature)map, (lesser feature) mirror, along with his collection of relic specimens (plus universal vile surroundings), the lab is somewhat refined(2), it is not great for general usage (-1 GQ), but only moderately expensive (upkeep 1), and not great for your health either (-2 health), though fairly impressive (aesthetics 5) and heavily focused on learning (In+5), with some focus on spells (+1), texts(+1), Pe(+1_. Im(+1), and te(+1)

Season Activity SQ Gain
Fall 1289 Read Arabic/Latin Summa L4Q23 (2 month); Creo Summa L15Q15 (1 months) 16 2/3 [(23+3)(1/3)]; 9 [1.5(15+3)(1/3)] +16 2/3 Arabic xp +9 Creo xp
Summer 1289 Read Arabic/Latin Summa L4Q23 26 [23+3] +21 Arabic xp +5 Artes Liberales xp
Spring 1289 Read Arabic/Latin Summa L4Q23 17 1/3 [(23+3)(2/3)] +12 1/3 Arabic xp +5 Artes Liberales xp
Fall 1289
Winter 1289 +1 Warping

Is Zarkut able to match up the specialty of the Arabic he learns with whatever his letters and notes were written in? If so by the end of summer he can read them. Otherwise he will spend a bit more time studying.

The book you have to study from focuses on Egyptian Arabic, so you will be able to read the texts written in an Egyptian "dialect" but the others will still be too confusing.

Ok. Then he will read what he can of the letters and notes, to see if there's anything important, and study up to level 4 in the fall. (Will split the season between two books.)

Your notes indicate that two of the items in your lab are pieces of the archway/entrance to the lost temple of mercury, and that you believed the entrance to be hidden somewhere in africa, either in Egypt or Triploitania.