1197 A.D. (Late Spring) Beginnings

"Ah, well... Hmmm... I don't know if we will have much on that. Particularly if it is not on a regular route for redcaps, as I suspect. As I say, I will check with my fellow Mercere."

"Anything else?"

(OOC Let's give jebrick a chance to post before moving on.)

Emericus glances back and forth as the conversation bounces around. He is quite nervous as his blatant Gift can cause problems for even the RedCaps.

Sodalis, I would like to request some time with you and your brothers and sisters to learn about their impressions on the other magi in some Covenants. I do not wish to intrude on your time and your work but it would be a great help to me if I could learn from your wisdom and travels.

Emericus tries to smile in a friendly way while thinking I hope that did not sound too practiced. i mean I did practice it but only to make it sound not practiced.

Sigmund answers a bit hesitantly. "That depends on what information you are looking for. We respect the privacy of our sodales, and we can only share widely known facts about them, such as the covenant they reside in."

Emericus' hands come up, palms out. Oh I am not looking for secrets. forced laughter I want to get a feeling of who is approachable if I have a question in their specialty or what they think of the politics in the Tribunal. He looks at the floor. I think I will have to travel to some of the Covenants to meet them and I want to make a good impression. He looks up and blurts out. It really is just to learn about the other magi....Honest

"As I said," explains Sigmund, "we will be limited in what we can tell you. If you tell us what you are looking for, more specifically, then perhaps we can point you in the right direction."

"Depending on which covenant you travel to, you may have to speak to different redcaps. Some may not be based here, so we may need to arrange something when they drop by. Or you may have to seek them out at Fengheld."

(Bump)

OOC: I'm pretty sure I'm ahead of everyone else. I've already handled all of Alice's free time the day of the meeting and the following day. I've started on the 3rd day's free time, but I didn't want to roll and post just yet because I'm ahead in time.

I think I will have to travel to Crintera, Roznov and Dankmar to meet the magi. I can travel to Fengheld to meet with the Redcaps. I grew up in Fengheld so hopefully some remember me. Emericus pauses. We need to find magi at those Covenants who might support a new Covenant being made in the Rhine Tribunal.

"Understood," says Sigmund. "I will share that request with my fellow redcaps to see if they have suggestions. This may take several days, perhaps even weeks, as the most likely to have knowledge of these covenants spend a lot of their time on the road. You will probably have better chances at Fengheld for Crintera and Roznov, as they are closer, but I will ask here anyway."

OOC: I don't know what to write right now. I have a tendency to let other people do majority of the talking, I see this kind of play doesn't work in PbP..

(Basilus could go see Andrus, the head librarian, about the older books that Durenmar is gifting to the new covenant. Aren't you curious to discover what these are?)

(In doubt, he could ask his future covenant-mates what he can do.)

OOC : When Emeric is done you can jump to the time I come back to visit him again.

OOC Will do.

Basilus will go to visit Andrus.

"Salve", he greets the librarian while walking in. "I'm Basilus, one of the new magi come to establish a new covenant on one of the older sites. I've been told we would be gifted some of the library's books. Could I perhaps take a quick look at them before our departure?"

OOC: Sorry. Emericus is done. He will be waiting on the Redcaps to have any info for him.

Before Basilus is able to see Andrus, he runs into the magus' mundane secretary. "Master Andrus is a very busy magus," the man says in a rusty voice. "What is the purpose of your visit? I shall have to put you on his calendar."

The secretary appears quite old, perhaps in his sixties, with a corona of white hair shooting out around a bald pate. Like a monk's haircut gone wild.

"My apologies", Basilus says, and relays pretty much the same message he would've said to Andrus himself.
"There's no rush really, but it would be nice to do so while we're still in Durenmar" he adds.

"Hmmm, yes, yes. Master Andrus is working in his lab this season, so he only takes appointments in the evenings. I can put uou dow..." He looks through the pages in a soft leather folder, "three evenings from now, just after dinner. A quarter of an hour only, he has another appointment with... well, you don't need to know that." He looks up at you, "Will that do?"

"This should be more than enough to go over the books", Basilus says and visibly cheers up. "Thank you."
After this, he says his goodbyes and heads off for the day, intending to return later.

When Morrigan comes back to the Mercer House later that day, Sigmund is there. He slips back into the conversation right away. "I was able to check a few things for you, magus. Unfortunately, as I suspected, we have very little on the area around Bamberg. It isn't on any of our regular travel routes, as there are no covenants in the area. We have a few redcaps that pass through once every few years, but nothing has been noted in the last few decades. We have a few older maps -- which I believe mistress Tandaline has copies of -- and some general notes. Nothing about Staffelstein. Sorry."