1220.4 Where have ewe gone? (Fiona's season)

The ram appears to be heading towards a copse of trees, and doesn't appear to be in any particular hurry, you can easily overtake it should you wish.

Okay, Fiona will overtake the ram, and cast The Beast Remade upon it, without words or gestures, just tapping it with her staff (talisman).

Even without words or gestures, she can't not get the spell off unless she botches.

So...Muto is 16, Animal is 7, Corpus is 14. Lowest form is Animal, so it gets doubled because of her Minor Magical Focus. Mu 16 + An (7x2=14) + Sta 3 + die roll of 1, followed by a die roll of 9 - 10 for No Words - 5 for No Gestures, so 16+14+3+18-10-5=36 + whatever the aura is, vs. a Spell Level of 25.

Penetration is 11+Aura + Penetration (Transformation) 4 + Mastered Special Ability (Penetration) 1 = 16+Aura.

(Dang...I may never play anyone but Fiona ever again, the way the dice seem to lust her.)

There is no aura here.
The ram transforms into a toe-headed human form, and continues walking for a bit in the direction it was going. It then pauses, as if confused. After the period of bewilderment it turns immediately around and begins running back toward the farmstead as quickly as possible.

Fiona stops, surprised that the ram-man is running back toward the farm instead of continuing his mesmerized trek to...wherever. She then starts to run after it, yelling at it to stop (in Latin and meager French).

As you close on it, it bays at you, and keeps running back to the barn.

[OOC: Care to roll against something to figure out what's going on? One clue I can give, is it is entirely naked. And while it is hairier than many men, it's not as hairy as it was before you turned it into a human.]

I suspect that, because it got turned human, it broke the spell, which just now occurred to me. But, sure...um....let's see...would it be Magic Theory? Int 1 + MT 6 + die roll of 5 = 12.

Bing! Got it in one.

She will still try to keep pace with the ram. [color=blue]"We need to talk," she says - first in Latin, then in French if there's no response. If worse comes to worse, she will try to guide it toward the farmhouse.

I don't think that spell does what you think it does...
From the text of the spell on pg 119 of the MRB: "Gives one land beast human form, though it's intellect remains the same."

I was just wondering about that a little bit ago. Wasn't sure if the lack of speech was due to limitations of the animal form that would be overcome by giving them a working mouth, or if they were really just that stupid. Looks like it's the latter. uff

Well, at least I prevented one sheep from being stolen. Now it's ponderin' time.

Did Fiona see/hear/feel anything on or around the sheep that might have been a wizard's casting sigil? Per 0 + Awareness 3 + die roll of 1, followed by another die roll of 1, followed by a die roll of 6, so 24 on the dice, so a total Awareness of 27. (all I can say is, "wow")

Cue cursing. Since I hate not rewarding high die rolls, I'm going to drop a bread crumb, however it's not much, given you're doing it after the fact, and not before. Yes, Fiona is absolutely positive magic was at work. It wasn't natural behavior.

I had thought about letting it talk, but it's a sheep, so no int, just cunning. And sheep are stupid animals, so -5 cunning is probably in the ballpark. At best you'd get "must go" when it first transformed and "cold" when it was running back (consider this information is part of your awareness roll) so I just decided that it can't talk. Now, if you cast it on Regulus (Apollodurs familiar) and if you could penetrate, the cat could talk, since it has int and knows Latin, and if it didn't already have the power it would be able to talk.

Fiona will return to the farmhouse and get some rest, then examine the area when it's light out. Hopefully there's someone with us that I can volunteer to have Shape of the Woodland Prowler cast on him (or her).

And that puts us into a holding pattern until we can russle up another player or two and run some grogs, I'd say.

I'll volunteer Ivor for the job, if that works for Fiona. Ivor won't be very positive about the chances of the plan succeeding, of course...

That's between the companion and Magus, or whether or not some grogs get brougth along and can be convinced...

Alrighty, then.

Since Ivor speaks both Latin and French, Fiona will ask him to tell the others (who apparently speak French and/or German) in French that she will be needing to cast a spell upon one of them (at this point, I picture Brione jumping up and down with his hand in the air going "Ooo, ooo, pick me!") which will give them the form and abilities of a wolf for the duration of the spell, and that they can end the spell at any time.

I'm assuming that it will be Brione the Magic Junkie, so she will put the wolf-skin on him, tap him with her staff, and cast the spell with no words or gestures. Muto 16 + Corpus (14x2=28) + Sta 3 + Aura 0 + Spell Mastery 1 + die roll of 5 - No Words 10 - No Gestures 5 = 38, vs. a spell level of 25, so good by 15 - which turns him into a wolf with pure white fur. Penetration (if it matters) is 15 + Penetration (Transformation) 4 + Spell Mastery (penetration) 1 = 20.

Before casting, she will explain that he is to use his wolf senses to follow the sheeps' trail from the paddock to wherever they went, if possible. It's only been a day, so hopefully the trail should still be followable..

(edited to add manifestation of casting sigil)

Once I get a howl from qcipher, I'll run on this thread. :laughing:

Ivor mutters quietly to himself as Fiona turns Brione into a wolf - something about wolves being bad signs, the fact that no good can possibly come of this, and so forth.

But to anyone who knows him well, he seems ready - even bordering on somewhat eager - to go and investigate.

Aroooo!

I'll presume that you started this off from the point where Paul-Henri had fallen asleep previously, as that place was pretty easy to get to, and he could take you right to it.

Since he's a wolf, and they've been known to like sheep, I'm going to say that the picking up the scent is automatic. I don't have wolf stats handy, but it should be easy to smell several pregnant sheep travelling in a line. The trail is trivially easy to follow, but then it breaks up a bit, and in the middle of the copse of trees is what looks like a collection of wagon and horse tracks and sheep tracks. However, there aren't any tracks going out. The copse of trees is the same one where the ram was headed to last night.