1221.2 March of the Primi

Im going to say no, now.

Fiona didn't find out about it until after she had returned to Mons Electi from Scotland, as near as I can tell.

There is a commotion in the hall outside the room then a young girl darts in the door and quickly scans the room. When she spots Alexei she runs over, avoiding the grasp of Claude, and tugs on his sleeve and leans in to whisper in his ear. The Mons Electi magi recognize her as Mélanie the Cursor. Claude grabs her by the shoulder to pull her out.

Fiona looks at the girl for a moment, wondering what could be so important to her that she would interrupt a meeting with the Primi of three Houses.

[color=blue]"What's wrong, Alexei?"

Alexei stifles his anger at Murion's snub 'No doubt salty about that debacle with the milksop Bonisagi kidnapper.' he thinks. At the girl's entrance he leans down to listen to the young girl and then interposes himself between Claude.

"Pardon monsieur. A moment please." he (more gently) takes the girl by the arm. "Again leipchen, what is wrong?" meanwhile he scans the room seeing if he can see the wizard in green with sash and leopard fur trim.

He's not at the dinner.
He also seemed familiar, but Alexei hasn't been able to place him.

She will whisper the message to Alexei again. Fiona thinks she hears "Ivor" Or maybe not. Korvin tries to throw the party back on track by recounting the story of his trip to Durenmar as an apprentice and almost knocked Murion over in his rush to deliver a message.

Alexei turns to the large man Claude. "Let us be more gentle in friendly surroundings sir." he reprimands quietly, knowing that Claude intended to keep peace and prevent disruptions. "Bend your ear down please." he says to the huge man. "I would have you find Mufarrj and the man that the Primi brought with her, he was dressed in green with fur trim and had a red sash. The young lady saw him last. Go, be discreet if you please. Send the lady back with your findings."

Once they're dispatched he makes a cursory glance around the room again and addresses Murion. "Beg pardon Primus." he says with a bow. "You travelled with a man in green, I believe I have seen him before and wanted to speak with him. But I don't see him now, might you know where he is? Surely he doesn't wish to miss this gathering?"

Instatella is mortified, it seems she's never really heard the story. Andru laughs good naturedly, and Murion is indecipherable.

"You don't recognize your Tribunal's own Chief Hoplite? She seems genuinely amused. Valerian offered to accompany me as an honor guard while on this little tour of the Tribunal. I thought his political knowledge of the Tribunal would be useful to me, as well. He begged off the dinner, and I didn't see any reason for him to come. Why, is there a problem?" She seems genuinely suprised, as do each of the other Bonisagus. At mention of Valerian's name Andru makes a slight movement, as if sitting more upright in his chair.

(OOC: it was clear in the message from jebrick that they couldn't find Mufarjj, I'm reinforcing that, he is not present.)

When she hears her bodyguard's name, Fiona will casually move a little closer to hear better (or, if she's seated, lean a little closer).

If applicable: Per 0 + Awareness 3 + die roll of 7 = 10.

Also, to move closer: Qui(?) -1 + Stealth 1 + die roll of 8 = 8.

Fiona knows who Valerian is, but can't place a face to the name. He was never formally introduced or referred to at Tribunal.

Sorry...by "her bodyguard" I meant Fiona's bodyguard, i.e. Ivor.

Derp. That, too. She heard that.

Alexei nods in recognition. "Ah Valerian, would that he had introduced himself. It is not a problem, I'm sure, but I'd rather he were here; I should say it's a bit of an event and someone of his status should want to attend. Plus I'd very much like to speak with him."

((Mufarjj being missing is also problem, just making sure he is unaccounted for))

He bows to excuse himself and steps out of the room and asks to have Brione fetched.

Murion remarks, "Now that he's out of the room. I'm surprised he didn't recognize Valerian. I didn't introduce him because I never imagined that he wouldn't recognize Valerian. It appears he is maintaining his old bad habits, he hasn't learned a lick of the nature of the Order, or the laws which he seems to hold dear."

"Have no fear. I did not run into her and Kolkrabus "gestures at the great Raven, " gave me quite an earful for running in the tower. "

As the food is brought in Korvin compliments the chef to Andru. " I've been to Valnastium often when I travel. My favor route was through the Greater Alps Tribunal."

((is Ulrich allowed to be in attendance, even in a servile, for lack of a better word, role, or is he basically sent to his room while the grownups talk?))

((Sure. It should liven up the party when he hits on Murion ))

((I'm repurposing an Eagles lyric. "There were lines on the mirror, lines on her face." No one wants to hit that.))
"The Alps are lovely throughout the summer. And except in certain locations, treacherous in winter, which lasts from October to May! I really don't spend a lot of time there, I'm out and about quite a bit. I must say this is the most interesting dinner party Apollodorus has thrown, yet."

((But we know how much self control Ulrich has :slight_smile: Korvin will tell him to be quite and watch. I'll sit him next to the Senior Redcap Mage ( whom I have not outlined yet))))

I enjoy the MidSummer Fair in the Greater Alps. Very lively. My House is always quite busy with the amount of vis that is traded there.

If I am not too bold, who was exiled this in the last Tribunal?