1221.3 All the Leaves Are Brown

previous post editted, actions added.

Uhh, I must've missed this...
The Undead Army. You made the spell? I didn't really want self-made spells by charcters starting play, I allowed all the original characters lab texts, if they so desired, but my main concern was missing something. However, in this case, there's a complication that is even worse, or funnier.

Charm of Putrifaction fails.
Awaken the Slumbering Army fails.

It is quite likely when all is said and done here the grogs, and Willhelm (Peregrine's choice) flee back to Mons Electi.

((OOC: Crap - I created the character, had one thing posted, and actually went back and edited him a bit to move him a little closer to the necromancer path (because, really, with that great a Creo Corpus, what else are you going to do but play with corpses) and completely forgot to look for spells thru the online compendium that you had set up in your House Rules. That's completely my fault, and I can change/edit it later.))

Well, can't tell Charm failed for another hour or so. When none of the corpses move, Jormungand frowns and tries again. When the spell fails again he looks around in confusion and then tries to cast it again on just one body, which will fail. "What is this, Church Lands?"

Grumbling to himself, and reluctant to call the Grogs back over, he'll start trying to do all of the Channel digging and bedrock shifting thru ReTe fatiguing spont spells. Which means rolling the exploders and definitely botching on that nineteenth roll.

6th roll exploder = 1d10=1, 3rd roll 1d10=8, 822 = (32 +14)/2 = 23, I just moved a shit-ton of dirt. (Lvl 2 Move dirt in slightly unnatural fashion +1 Touch +1 Conc +4 Size).

By the time Jormungand is shifting rock to form a channel, the repetition finally gets to him and the Grogs hear a very loud BOOM at the campsite. Instead of a nice shallow channel, Jormungand has instead fallen into a 9 foot crack in the ground and struck his head (possibly unconscious). One of his legs is half buried/stuck in the stone, and there are naked, rotting bodies scattered all over the place. Definitely not one of his better days.

Well the spell is interesting. However, in Jormungand's case he has to do something to the bodies to allow his spells to affect them. They are created bodies and have never done something before...

And no, he hasn't fallen into a crack, but he has broken through and now water is geysering out.

"Bah! Nothing's going right today!" He's going to try to immediately spont-fatigue cast a Giant Wall of Clay (as big as possible) to block the geysering water and make it splash back into the original channel. He's hoping with the little dirt/stone shifting he got done, and the flow of water will naturally erode out a channel for the water to follow after his wall disappears. It would have been better to have gotten a channel carved out completely before breaking through to the water but oh well.

Cr26 + Te5 +2Sta + 2Yelling and Wild Gestures -1Fatigue + 1d10.extra(10)=9 = 43/2 = 21.5, 22.

(1 Create Clay, +2 Voice, +2 Sun, +3 Size)

That does divert water for a few hours, however that isn't long enough to divert the water back to the old channel.

Um...yeah...when Wilhelm sees Jormungand creating a bunch of corpses ("Oh, Rocky!") he's hightailing it out of there. And he will probably steer clear of Jormungand for a long time to come.