1221.5 You Put Your Big Foot In, You Put Your Big Foot Out

[color=blue]"Hmm...perhaps four pawns of Corpus, then?"

"Make it five, transporting your friend is no problem, indicating Ivor, "but you requires a special device allowing us to boost the target size and also requires we burn a pawn of vis." She scribbles some notes on a sheet of paper folds it and seals it with her seal.

"Do we have a deal?" Assuming yes, she hands you another note giving you access to the Mercere Portal in Edinburg for your return journey, and gets a Redcap with the device to cast Leap of Homecoming on you and Ivor.

[color=blue]"Aye, we do." So...five pawns of Corpus vis, and two pawn's worth of Root-cutter stuff, then?

Yes.
You and Ivor are at the location of your arcane connection. I don't recall how far this is from the Giant's Causeway.

The Giant's Causeway is on the northern coast of Ireland, while Insula Canaria is on and in the south end of Loch Ness. The link takes you to a GoogleEarth screenshot that shows both. Legend has it that the other end of the original Giant's Causeway is on the isle of Islay, on the west coast of Scotland, about 160 miles (265 km) from Insula Canaria.

Umm, I got nothing to explain how I slipped up there. :laughing:
Yes, Fiona's at the location just outside Insula Canaria.

I just figured that we were eventually headed that way. shrug

Okay. So, we're just outside Insula Canaria. Head toward the covenant, and if we come across a page or some such, have them go tell Drystan that he has visitors.

No page, but there's actually a camp outside the covenant grounds. Giant sized tents. As Fiona approaches she sees Angus' wife and sons[1].

[1]Feel free to come up with names, I'm about named out right now.

Fiona slows as she approaches the encampment, and she can tell by the size of the tents that they're her mother's side of the family. Ever since she was a child, dealing with them (even as infrequently as it was) made her feel puny and insignificant, even though she had been larger than everyone else since the day she was born. And them camping on the doorsteps of Insula Canaria, which had managed to make her feel puny and insignificant in an entirely different way, did nothing to help her unease.

She nods her greetings to the boys and walks up to Angus's wife. [color=blue]"Bebhionn," she says softly, [color=blue]"I came as soon as I heard. What's going on?"

"Angus was hurt very badly. A fight with a strange clan of giants. Drystan has tried to help him, but he's not getting any better. Can you help?" Tears are welling up in her eyes, but she's holding them back.

[color=blue]"I'll do what I can," she says as she reaches up to give her cousin a sympathetic squeeze on the arm. Mentally, she's kicking herself for trading away two-thirds of her magical herbs and all her Corpus vis.

She then heads to what she believes to be Angus's tent, steeling herself for what she might find inside.

Drystan is inside as you enter, and he stands when he sees you, "Fiona, you made it! I wasn't sure you would get here in time."
Looking at Angus, you can see he is feverish and his skin has a white pallor. He has a wound that has a fresh bandage about his midsection.

[color=blue]"I came as soon as I got your letter." She then switches to Latin as she looks over Angus from where she stands. [color=blue]"What happened? And what seems to be wrong with him?"

"He took a spear wound to the belly. He's barely hanging on. His family brought him here, because they thought we could help. Faileas has refused to lend covenant resources to heal him, and his injuries are beyond my arts, and would be even if he weren't a giant."

[color=blue]"And of course no one's invented a Healing ritual that works on giants as opposed to normal people," she mutters in Latin, almost under her breath. You're one to complain, lass, you've never bothered to invent a Giant version of Purification of the Festering Wounds, or even Revealed Flaws of the Mortal Flesh yourself, have you? she thinks angrily.

She kneels next to Angus's bed. [color=blue]"Angus? It's me, cousin...Fiona. How are ye feeling?" As she speaks, she will start examining him to see what, if anything, she can do for him. She knows there's little she can do for the spear wound, but she can try to keep his humours aligned (or realign them if he does have an infection or the wound is festering). Int 1 + Medicine 3 + die roll of 9 = 13. She will also put on her best bedside manner, trying to make him comfortable. Com 2 + Charm (putting people at ease) 4 + die roll of 1, followed by another die roll of 1, followed by a die roll of 5, which should be 2+4+20=26. Wowzers!

As she examines Angus, she will ask Drystan if there is a place where she can brew a potion...she just needs a few basic tools and a constant source of heat.

Fiona isn't sure if Angus hears her, but he appears to relax a bit and his breathing becomes less labored.

Medicine doesn't work that way, but I'll use your die roll as the roll for his recovery, and by evening he is resting more comforably and his color begins returning.

Note about the Corpus vis, I was thinking that Fina was getting a line of credit with the Redcap, not an immediate exchange of vis.

Yeah, I knew she wouldn't be able to do anything about the cause (the gut wound), but hoping she could do something about the symptoms until somebody could do something about the injury.

I was thinking it was the exact opposite. So, she still has her full compliment of vis, then, and just owes Sevrin five pawns of Corpus (or, more likely, six) down the road?

Anyhoo.

Once she's satisfied that he's resting comfortably and is settled for the night, she will find Drystan, Bebhionn, and the boys and try to get more information about what happened, who did what, which clan it is, why that clan is coming down there, etcetera...basically, as much info as she can.

This isn't a saga about the struggle with scarce resources. The credit is a reasonable way to handle this, and people know that Apollodorus, and by extension those he's associated with, are good for it, and where to find you. And House Mercere regularly extends credit to those in good standing. With Apollodorus, and a gifted Mercere in the same covenant, they aren't concerned about repayment. So, you can have the pawns of vis, and your herbs used for healing rituals. Can you send me some more detail about the covenant, either via PM. Sketches of the members, arts and abilities. I have an idea for your...replacement.

Drystan is still by willing to lend what assistance he can. Bebhionn and the boys are outside the tent. You don't get any reliable information from anyone except it was another clan of giants, and they can identify where the attack took place, and even take you there.

She would like to see where the attack took place, to see what she can piece together.