1221.5 You Put Your Big Foot In, You Put Your Big Foot Out

It's more than a day's travel away, and it is mid afternoon You're presently ill-provisioned for the reconnoiter.

In that case, she will visit with Bebhionn, Drystan, and the boys (and anybody else she might know there), get caught up on their lives, etcetera.

The next day, she will probably spend gathering the ingredients for her Mythic Herbalism to make a potion to increase his Healing roll.

As you relay your plans to Drystan she tells you, "I can invite you into the covenant, and you can harvest from your abandoned garden. Numerous plants of yours have volunteered, and you will likely find much to take advantage of there, without the effort of hunting the countryside for herbs."

Bebhionn indicates that the cattle herd has grown quite substantially, but she's now worried about the giants who attacked Angus stealing the cattle... and Fiona wonders if the only excitement she'll ever have will involve livestock rustlers. :laughing:

Also, at the mention of livestock, Fiona realizes she's ravenous and has a strong desire for an extremely rare steak.
Check that, it doesn't even need to be cooked.

Ivor waits outside the tent. Scanning the area for threats(giant bullies), escape routes and possible places to get something to eat.

Fiona will mention that she's starving (if her grumbling stomach doesn't beat her to it) and will head out to look for a "kitchen tent" or somewhere she can satisfy her craving.

Fiona catches the scent of roast chicken somwhere. Following it takes you toward the village and the covenant's kitchens, deeper within the village. Once Fiona arrives there (and no one stops her) there is some roast chicken and vegetables. And eggs, but they aren't cooked. The eggs seem to be the most appetizing thing to Fiona.

Also, Fiona seems rather annoyed for some reason that Drystan suggested going to her garden, of course she was planning to go back to it, it's so obvious.

Ivor follows Fiona towards the food. He will dig into the roasted chicken

Ivor Awareness roll Per 0 + Awareness 0 1d10=7

Ivor notices that Fiona is hunched over a bit as she walks. Her hair also appears quite wild, as if it has grown too long without being cut, and instead of her usual red, or the all white related to her spell casting there are streaks fo white forming in it.

How much does Ivor know about mage in general?

Ivor knows her quite well, as she's family with Angus. Angus is the one who sent Ivor to go with Fiona, there's some backstory there. Ivor also knows that her sigil is turning things white, white hair, etc.

She's going to help herself to the eggs as though she belonged there, just crack them open and suck them right out.

Drystan's shown himself to be just like the others here, treating me like a freshly-gauntleted apprentice, not a maga...a Master maga, almost, better than a quarter of a century under my belt, she fumes.

(ooc – Great...I'm turning into a cave-giant!)

"Fiona, are you feeling well, Drystan asks. "Have you been bitten by a.. he closes the distance between you two and beckons you to lean in for her to whisper, "a lycan?"

[color=blue]"Don't be preposterous!" Fiona snorts as she works a piece of eggshell out from between her teeth with her tongue, spitting it onto the ground. [color=blue]"Whatever gave you such a daft idea?"

And just to be on the safe side: an Int roll to remember if she had been bitten by something. Int 1 + die roll of 7 = 8.

And, I'm assuming that Lycan is another word for werewolf. But, just in case. Int 1 + Magic Lore 2 + die roll of 5 = 8.

Fiona has no memory of being bitten, and she does know that lycan is another term for werewolf.

After satiating her hunger on the eggs, Fiona has a continued desire for raw foods, particularly meat or poultry, although it is diminished.
She is still generally annoyed, by everyone, but as she tries to replay the events in her mind of where she could've crossed paths with a werewolf, the only recent memory is a deeply buried one, one she didn't have time to recognize at the time. During her certamen with Luna, the connection became a bit too close, and images of running wild in the forest beneath the full moon come unbidden into her mind. The Perdo attack she made, must've been too effective and destroyed some of the bonds separating Luna and Fiona during the battle. And then it dawns on her, the full moon will be rising within the week.

Fiona almost growls at one of the scullery-maids as she helps herself to a chunk of chicken that the help was in the process of dressing for supper, tearing into it as she leaves the kitchen again.

Half-way down the path to her old garden, she freezes, a piece of meat dangling from her mouth, as it finally hits her. Has, perhaps, the bond that was forged between the half-giant and the werewolf maga, instead of being severed at the end at the conclusion as it should be, were somehow strengthened and that she somehow has developed Luna's lycan traits? And has Luna somehow developed some of Fiona's...giant-ish traits?

Scowling, she goes to the garden and paces. She wracks her brain, trying to come up with an explanation as to how such a thing could have happened and how best to undo the damage. Int 1 + Magic Theory 6 + die roll of 9 = 16. Ooc, I'm thinking some kind of PeVi thing to sever the bond, but that might require an Arcane Connection?

Has Luna ever had such a thing happen before? Fiona wonders, and then wonders where Luna might be and if she's noticed anything out of the ordinary. (I don't think Fiona knows where Luna makes her home, but possibly an Int roll: Int 1 + die roll of 3 = 4.) Apollodorus might, but he's nowhere near here.

Just to clarify, in case it wasn't clear. Maris is a member of Le Maison d'Levrier (she gave Fiona the book, or offered to, but likely didn't complete that transaction, or if they did complete the transaction, it's being sent to Mons Electi on Fiona's behalf.)

If you want to edit the post and readjust your response in light of the clarification, go ahead. Otherwise Drystan will remind you where Maris resides.

Fiona thinks that Luna is a member of Blackthorn, based on Apollodorus' comments from the dinner.

Oh...right. Why was I thinking that she would be spending some time riding the circuit, as it were.

So, Luna's from Blackthorn, eh? Dangit! Ah well...time to brainstorm some more, I guess.

Editing, ho!

You host a 100+ magi (probably upwards of 200 by the time neighboring Tribunals delegations are included) for 3-7 days and see if you feel like doing anything afterwards... :slight_smile: