1221.OoC

All the grogs that I'm tracking (Moire, Seumas, Alexandria, Daffyd, Catrin, Wen, Deykin) are now updated for 1222. A couple of "rp" notes from their updates:

• Moire is with child, having conceived in early Spring – it will be her first child.
  • Daffyd and Catrin are growing concerned that his daughter Wen is yet unwed, and would much like to see her married and giving them grandchildren before too much longer.
  • Deykin is now a member of the Turb (unless Alexei/qcipher boots him out or vetoes him).

Hum... You don't understand me.
She sees the tree. He's not normal.
Her memory is changed, like a picture of a tree is replaced by a picture of another tree. There is no gap in her memory, no way for her to remark it by herself.
Imagine you find a book with photos of trees in a forest. You'll notice a blank page (erased memory). But if someone has replaced a photo by the photo of another tree, there's no way for you to tell it.

Think about last year's new years eve. If you don't remember what happened, you'll notice it at once, no problem. But if you confuse events, and instead remember events from another January 1st, how can you notice on your own, since you're sure (you remember it!!) you cousin bob was here? When you are wrong about what you remember, you can't notice it on your own, you can only notice if there's a blank.

I think this is what happened there. It's not that you don't remember what you did last january. You remember it, and, sure, cousin bob was here. You can vouch it in court.

The penetration is still frightening, but the fact that you don't remember the tree is perfectly normal. A picture of a deformed tree has just been replaced by a picture of a normal tree.

I thought we said a Corpus Tropaea and a Creo Tropaea? or Creo Vis, if out of vis sources?

I heard some mild agreement, but I didn't get a sense of consensus. And it only covered 5-7 prize pawns.

This reminds me of Alexei.
s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced ... 1159-4.jpg

Before I check...is it office safe?

Yes.

Qc hasn't read A Song of Ice and Fire. He won't get it.

He hasn't even watched the HBO show!

Well I saw an episode or two of Game of Thrones, and I did like it, but I keep on missing it OnDemand and sticking with my regular shows like Dexter and Archer.

There's another one that's even better but I can't find it. Ned Stark is talking to Gandalf, and says, "You want us to sneak into Mordor and destroy the One Ring? Without even warning Sauron first? ...No, that wouldn't be honourable." The last panel is Gandalf facepalming. :slight_smile:

One of the things i can see Alexei doing is meeting face to face with the Big Evil in a story and getting thoroughly trounced by him. While at Big Evil's mercy he sneers:

"Did you really think you could simply march in here and destroy me?!" To which Alexei spits some blood, smiles and says.

"No...But I knew I could march in here and distract you while my companions cast their ritual on you with the Arcane Connection they found while you fought me..."

That is Alexei's kind of subtlety and bravery I think.

Any input from the others for narrative vs interactive? I'm forcing characters into the thread so they might as well speak up.

Interactive would be good.

Yes!

That's okay, neither have I*, and I don't have HBO, and I still got it. Too much time on Memebase, I think.

*I got as far as p. 247 (in my copy), one of Sansa's chapters where she's at the tourney and GRRM's describing the various arms displayed. flipflip It was ""Ser Horas and Ser Hobber, whose shields displayed the grape cluster sigil of the Redwynes, burgundy on blue." And I'm like, "Really? Really? You're doing a heck of a job world-building here, and you don't know Rule 1 of heraldry?" That pretty much yanked me out of the world and gave me an atomic wedgie, so I set it aside and will try again to read it in a few months when I've had time to get over it, because up until then it was a heck of a book. Of course, I was also reading it when Dad died, so that might have had something to do with it, too.

Wait. What's rule one of heraldry?

Does it happen before or after Tribunal?

Pretty sure it's vim vis for opening a talisman, regardless of the arts that can add to your max capacity. Don't waste Corpus!

It may coincide with the Fiona thing. Two players might be interested and figuring out the actual timing of events...

Uhh, yeah, it is Vim. Good catch.
I'll merge this post and Arya's into the 1221.OOC thread when you edit the activity, qcipher. You may need to find someone who has Vim...