1221.OoC

Too bad. If it was Ulrich, I would've said, "Bitch, please" as you had suggested earlier.

I'm pretty lenient with those flaws. Is it reasonable. I can usually make most things reasonable, or found a route from a to b. If she gives in and allows herself to be seduced, or seduces, well, that opens a whole other can of worms. I can't say exactly how it would work out, but it is circumstantial, and largely of the player's creation.

Merged the OOC discussion from the Tribunal thread over here.

((deleted, misplaced. Sorry))

What are the odds that Fiona's back from Scotland when this is going in? (i.e. should I respond as though she were there, or act on the assumption that she's not?)

Zero.

I'm writing up a two-handed maul wielding Shield Grog as a personal Grog, probably a Thor wanna-be. Anyone feel like writing up a female Companion (scholar, warrior, or merchant/wheeler-dealer) or Grog that might be infatuated with Jormungand and always ends up visiting wherever he is to accompany? Otherwise I'm gonna take the "Unca Grog" and Seumas and go try to clear the water jam.

Peregrine, would I probably be grabbing Wilhelm to guide me to the village anyways?

Yeah, that's about what I thought. Never hurts to be sure, though. Only one that Fiona's told where she's gone would be Korvin, though.

Probably...I checked (rolled a d10 on my MetaCreator just for grins) and as wet and rainy as it's been, he's having crap for luck on hunting (rolled a 0, but no botch, so a measly 5 on his Survival check and came in to his winter shack early. And by the time Fall rolls around, he'll probably have a 2 in Area Lore: Bibracte (he currently has a 1(14), so is only 1xp short of leveling there)

It would be trivially easy for you to have left a note to be delivered to anyone while you're at Harco, before being transported.

Yeah, but she's being all Secretive.

Korvin is going to start some original research He wants to make a better LR. He wants to change the rules a bit. Right now the age roll is +1 for every 5 years. I would like to make a breakthrough to make that +1 every 10 years. So He will have to focus on aging and LR. Jonathan thought it would be major break through.

Any thoughts?

He's likely got breakthrough material in any of the other realms, possibly the Magic realm still. The Summoning rules allow a Summoner to bind a creature with Might to them and ignore aging. That could be a start.

groan and chuckle

So that would be, anyone who uses a Longevity Ritual with the breakthrough rules would only add half as much to their roll as they do now? I'd be tempted to call that "major" as well, tinkering with the "Limit of Aging."

The only comparator i have is MoH Aurulentus of Jerbaton does a breakthrough to remove the infertility from the Longevity Ritual and that is a Minor breakthrough. If the Vis is also 1/2 it would be big

Removing the infertility from the LR is only a "minor" breakthrough? I'd have to track down the research/breakthrough rules (I suspect in the Bonisagus section of HoH: TL, but seeing as how the whole basis of LR is that it's throwing your whole life essence into not getting old and thus can't create new life, that feels to me more like Major. But that's just a gut feeling.

Until I saw it in Magi of Hermes, I had thought so, as well.
I'm thinking that it might only preserve his fertility, and perhaps his wife's. It isn't big enough to be applicable to everyone. This is actually a goal I had for Ra'am in Phoenix...

I did not mean that what I was working on should be a minor breakthrough. I was just saying that the only thing I've seen that is close is Aurulentus. It gives me some ideas for research.

No, I didn't mean to imply that your work was a minor breakthrough. I was merely remarking, like Peregrine_Bjornaer that being able to preserve fertility being only a minor breakthrough seems overpowered...

Scoring for the Tourney for Mons Electi:

[table][tr][td]Dimicatio:[/td] [td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Hastilidium:[/td] [td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Certamen:[/td] [td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]The Joust:[/td] [td]21[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]The Melee:[/td] [td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Scavenger Hunt:[/td] [td]TBD[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Resident Magi:[/td][td]9[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Total:[/td]32[td][/td][/tr][/table]

Coming into the final event to resolve, the Scavenger Hunt (which I can't figure out how to pull off now that I've come up with what I thought was a good idea). Mons Electi is in third place, behind Le Maison and Cunfin. It is unlikely that Le Maison will put in any serious attempt at the Scavenger Hunt, since the game was of their design.

I'm thinking of resolving the Scavenger Hunt like a a collaborative (between team members) and competitive (between teams) similar to the Ettiquite rules lined out in Societas and just dicing it out. That's where I'm at right now.

Also, to clarify, the resident Magi of Mons Electi include Silviatos and Iosephus for the time being (not any of the Magi of Atsingani), as they are signatories of the charter, and the characters don't know if/when they might return.