1221.OoC

I thought my character (Jormungand) and another character were going to try to do the Hastiludium? Even if I'm out in the first round I'll take the points.. :smiley:

Need three players for it. It's a team event requiring three players.

Was there going to be a certamen round for Alexei? Seeing the competition, I doubt he'd win, but might score a few points for the tourney overall.

Sure, but please botch so I can bring out Maris. :smiley:
I'll move the ending of the thread after you're done.
Also, scoring additional points is unlikely, as you have to progress to the semi-finals.

Sounds good, I'll post for that when I get home. And now we also see why Rotgiers had it in for Alexei.

Actually, not going to bother with the certamen. We're good.

How about the Hastilidium, then? I think some of the Magi were interested in that...

Is that the strange balancing one? Pass.

Question, I'm designing another effect for my Talisman, and I'm just short of being able to do it in one season. He's doing an effect similar to Shriek of the Impending Shafts, but with Metal weapons, so In Te. Would he get the benefit of a similar effect (it's already instilled into th Talisman).

Also, I'm trying to find the lab's bonuses and I can't seem to. There might be a point or two I can get. I need a total of +5 and I can do this in one season.

Well, yes and no. Someone is mounted on top of a normal item, and the goal is to get it past the opposing team's starting point without falling off.

If I understand what you're asking... Alexei didn't ask for anything special in a lab, so it is +1 size. Zlorfik had also included in his build points spending : All 5 PC labs will be Size +1 (if anyone wants anything bigger then that, spend more points to make yours even bigger), with the free virtues "superior equipment", "superior tools" and "superior construction" (if you dont want to buy a minor virtue for your lab now, it will also get "spacious" for free).

OK with the two virtues he gets +1 General Quality and +1 Items for this project. Would he get anything for the similar effect already installed in it? Basically he's already designed an effect of a 3rd magnitude (Shriek of the Impending Shafts) which would (possibly) give him another +3. Would he get the similar effect bonus?

I can't see any additional bonuses. You get bonuses for knowing a spell with the effect you intend to instill, and you also get bonuses if a spell with the same TeFo combination is invested. In this case, neither is true.

um...so, is Drystan a magus or a maga? (I was thinking magus, but if not, it's easy to fix)

Damn, I've done that twice, and caught it... I want to make Drystan a female. Drystan is male, as you had indicated to me previously, I've corrected it.

It wasn't until many years later that I learned that there was a word for what I was doing: "shipping."

But growing up watching Gilligan's Island, and realizing that they would likely never really get rescued, and believing that Certain Urges Must Be Faced, I always imagined that it would wind up Gilligan x MaryAnn, the Professor x Ginger, and Skipper x himself. shrug

Some interesting takes on it at fanfiction.net, if you feel like living dangerous.

Yeah, story potential. I don't want it to happen, but I set it up so it's supposed to eventually happen as an extension of the "lost home covenant" history. He has enough lore to hopefully recognize when it happens, but no skills to stop it from happening.

Which reminds me - looking on Obsidian Portal, has ALL the books in our library been added? I noticed in several of the storylines we're supposed to have an Etiquette and a Order of Hermes Lore book in the library, maybe an Intrigue book, but I don't find them referenced anywhere...

No, not all the books. From what I can see, I've only put qcipher's books up there.

This is a troupe discussion, but I find the utility of a L6Q21 Creo summa is significantly diminished with the characters we now have. And this goes for any books from Jonah or zlorfik that haven't seen play... So these can be reworked to fit the troupe's current configuration.

Both... yes and no. It's very useless for our current characters, but we're all capable, or on the verge of capable of playing/having apprentices. and for apprentices, having a few primers is VERY useful.

Ulrich, for example, currently has a Creo score of 0. With this book, he could read the whole thing and get to a 6 in one season. Same with whomever Fiona takes as an apprentice in a couple of years. Very high quality, well-written books are worth it in a covenant that intends to keep growing and not stagnate, I would think.

And, if nothing else, we could lease them to other covenants that don't have such excellent resources to call their own.

I don't disagree with this, I just wanted to call attention to the library. Previous players had designed elements, and if they hadn't been used yet, I have no problem with them being changed.
For example that L6Q21 summa gets someone to 6 in a season. But if it were changed to L5Q15, 7 bps could be recovered. L5Q12 on a book learner gets to level 5 in a season, and recovers 10 bps, which is a reasonable quality tractatus. And if someone wanted to read that L5Q12 book for a second season to get to 15, having gotten to 10 or 12 xps in Creo already, they could read it for a month and pick up another book for the other two months and get XPs from it, which isn't an unreasonable interpretation of RAW.

My point is, much has been untouched, and if the player who made it isn't here, I'm fine if anyone wants to rework it a bit and the troupe doesn't object.

We're not talking about remaking the books I offered right? I wouldn't mind too much, but there are some I'd want to keep.