1221.t All Others Bring vis

Languidis regards your offer, coolly. "What kinds of services can you offer us? I'm not unwilling to listen to your offer, but the idea of seasons of service is not a welcome one. We might consider an offer of 5 pawns of ignem which would give you the right to copy the book at our covenant."

Fiona is still checking to see if Apollodorus is around so she can introduce him to Proctor.

If he's not, and if there's no further conversation to be had with the Quaesitor, then she will head on down to Ye Olde Faire Groundes.

She is looking (at least for now) for:

• books on Muto
  • some Herbam- and Herbalism-related materials (we still have a Level 16 book that she's not studied yet)
  • some plants and herbs for her garden: magical, medicinal, and decorative. Also possibly including some that are or could be potted to have in her sanctum and/or laboratory.
  • books or tractatus on Normandy tribunal customs and/or history
  • Emilia Columna of Jerbiton's summa How to Host a Successful Tribunal Meeting
  • Tomes on Magic Lore, especially with regards to "monsters" and specifically giants or werewolves.
  • Some nice wool fabric...she's thinking she's going to have to come up with something magnificent if she's going to make a decent impression for next Tribunal.
  • Items for her lab. Either decorations to remove the Undecorated Flaw, or items to imbue the Virtues Pot Plants (Minor Outfittings), Superior Heating (Minor Outfittings), or something in the lines of another Lesser Feature, such as a Cauldron or a Tree.

She doesn't expect to be able to buy everything on her Wish List, but she's going to browse and see what's out there and what she can afford.

Strangely, Apollodorus and Proctor never seem to be in close enough proximity to introduce each other. As people mingle back and forth their paths never seem to cross and when Fiona engages with polite conversation with one of them, they seem to shut her down politely and effectively when she mentions introductions.

Is this in rank order? Some sort of rolling on an appropriate ability is probably in order for finding what you want. Base it on perception. A high roll finds many items, which might possibly be available for purchase at prices Fiona can afford. A low roll suggests that only a few items are available and everything else is beyond a price she is willing to pay. Sound good?

Welp, she tried. Hmmm...interesting, though, that Proctor had mentioned wanting an introduction to Apollodorus, and now it seems he's no longer interested.

It's pretty much in order of occurring to me.

Would it be straight Per, or perhaps Per+Bargain or somesuch?

Assuming straight Per, it's Per 0 + die roll of 4 = 4.

As for other kind of services, I might summons animals for you which, granted does not often interest a lot of magi but some are nevertheless interest by studying the process as much as by the result, considering that I'm tinkering in the hermetic limit of Arcane Connection by doing so. I could also help in exploration, as I have Second Sight and know my ways in the wilderness. Fieltarn does says that without undue pride, just matter-of-factly. "But if you prefer vis, while I haven't Ignem vis on me right now, I could either track some for you or offer you... rego vis instead. How about 3 pawns of Rego, and 3 pawns of vis too instead of 5pawns of Ignem? Would that be fair?"

Most of these are available at Mons Electi, or can be found at mons Electi. While searching for the book on hosting a Tribunal Fiona runs into Maris and happens to mention it, and she offers you the use of the book after Tribunal. It's property of the Normandy Tribunal and would go to the next hosting covenant, in any event. It's the "trophy" associated with winning the "honor" of hosting. [OOC: if this isn't a real book, you can create one. It's probably a collection of volumes, which can be split up and studied in parts, I'm thinking Ettiquite, Intrigue, and some general OoH Lore and Code of Hermes thrown in for good measure]

Fiona does find a Tome on Magic Lore and werewolves in particular...go ahead and do a more detailed Bargain + Per roll to set the quality. Do the same thing for Items for the lab, as this is the best chance available for at least a year, until the Champagne fairs next year this time.

Nice wool can be had from Mons Electi in small enough amounts, and Fiona can arrange for a portion of it to be reserved for her use when it is sent to Flanders for processing.

Give me an awareness roll...stress.

He seems quite firm on the Ignem vis requirement, "No, it simply must be Ignem."

=> +1Per +3Awareness + roll of 2 = 6, which I boost by sacrificing a damn confidence point (if allowed; Fieltarn wants this deal! )

" Alright, as I said I can probably find some sodalis who has Ignem vis to exchange for my other kind of vis."

Confidence point is spent. When Fieltarn mentioned second sight Languidis eyes seem to perk up with a brief flicker.

[color=blue]"Thank ye, Maris...I'll be sure to pick it up before we leave."

Okay. For the book: Per 0 + Bargain 3 + die roll of 4 = 7.

For the lab equipment: Per 0 + Bargain 3 + die roll of 2 = 5. Remember back when Invisible Castle liked Fiona?

"Small" amounts? :smiley: Okay, I'll have her have them hold some out for her over the next couple of years.

Well, the Per was for the Finding. In this case it's a matter of Com for making the deal, so your results go up a bit.

They're both available for silver, and there should be a sufficient amount available. Tell you what, since I'm a bit busy, go ahead and spec out some books and lab items, get a bp cost for them, and I believe there's a conversion to silver. If the amount seems excessively high, we can discuss alternative payment arrangements. Book can be a summa up to 4th level at most.

And you do realize that to cover legendary wealth level, there's a lot of wool, mutton and parchment being produced...

1. Schweet! Partying and fornicating. Sacrificing time trying to find clients for personal enjoyment. Will trade contact info for later trysts and visits.
  2. Int 2 + OoH Lore 2 + 1d10.extra(10)=7 = 11, is it common to set up a stall? If so, then yes - I would set up a stall for the purposes of trying to sell or trade Longevity and Fertility services, stock it with whatever is needed to convey that I'm offering Longevity Rituals, and make sure there's a stuffed chair/divan so I can give free massages. Oh, and there'd probably be several bottles of massage oil out, special fragrance blend.
  3. Nope, not a lick. No Bargain, no Etiquette, etc. I'm going to get reamed on any deals unless I hardline and stick with what Korvin told me (1 pawn of vis paid for every pawn of vis used). Sort of why I was looking for a factor earlier to deal on my behalf. Oh well, so sad. It happens.
  4. Int 2 + OoH Lore 2 + 1d10.extra(10)=6 = 10, do I know anything about Etienne?

Are you wanting to get taken, or that kind of story potential? While you can stick to a hardline, you still have to bargain, which means they may not accept your offer, or on a botch destroy a future prospect. Étienne used to be autocrat for the hosting covenant, but fell from grace and was sent with the Princeps filus to assist him in Iberia.

Lycanthropi Londinensis, by Zevonius de Warennam. L: 4, Q:22. A Summa on Magic Lore, principally on werewolves, what is true and what is believed to be true but is factually false, and particularly about how werewolves are often able to walk amongst humans (and magi) unsuspecting. Written, not by a magi, but by a mortal scholar from Schola Pythagoranis covenant, in the Stonehenge Tribunal. By my math, that should be 34 bp...not sure what the equivalent in Mythic Pounds is. If it's too extreme, we can tone down the Quality a mite.

As far as Lab Equipment: I think I'm going to go with a nice cauldron, and spend a season in 1222 (probably spring) improving her lab. Increase the Refinement to +1 and use that to purchase the Lesser Feature Minor Virtue.

True, and Fiona is going to need a goodly amount of wool to make her next gown. :slight_smile:

Fieltarn takes a second look at the book... with second sight.
+1 Per +3 Second Sight +roll of 7 = 11.

If there's nothing out of the ordinary, he will excuse himself, explaining that he's going to fetch the ignem vis, if Languidus would be patient enough that is...
If Fieltarn can find Alexei or one of his other sodales from Mons Electi, he'll resume the situation and ask them if they'd be interested in exchanging some Ignem vis (provided they have some) for some other forms of his own. If not, he'll just tread the stalls for such possibility.

Languidis says, "I'll be here through the tournament and closing ceremonies, and since we've struck a bargain, I am content to hold it for you. If someone else can beat the price, I will send word to you for a counter offer. Agreed?"
The book looks normal, second sight doesn't catch anything out of the ordinary.

If you mentioned something and I didn't rule it in or out you should bring it to my attention again. This thread is going to be a bit of a hot mess.

You mean like Fiona's book and cauldron? :smiley: (how long should we give you, btw?)

Agreed! answers Fieltarn with a smile indicating his appreciation of Languidus manners.

Just so I'm sure that I do not misinterpret : the book with the diamond is the sample tractatus that Languidus brought with him, right? But as you mentioned that he had several Menem tractatii (and a "high-level summa") to trade, Fieltarn did express his interest at these, too. here :

Did Languidus gave a bit more details about the summa actual level and quality? Fieltarn would need these, to present his case to his sodalès.

Right after Fieltarn shaked hands with Languidus to confirm their prospective trade, he look for Alexei - asking a page for the nearest "Flambeau or martial looking magi" on the covenant's ground so as to speed up his search.

Assuming that he finds his flambeau sodalis after Alexei finished his conversation with Marcus, Fieltarn approaches him with a spring in his stride.
"- Ah, Alexei! Champion of lance!" His words are devoid of any irony, he just seems in a very good mood, even more than occasionally displayed by his optimistic demeanor. "I was looking for you Sodales, if I may have a minute of your time?"

"- I've just met with an interesting magus, Languidus... of the covenant of Lapis Crudus" While still smiling, Fieltarn says these word a bit conspirationaly, even murmuring the last part; he hasn't forgotten about the nosy Guernicus. "A covenant that's usually quite discreet in its involvement with our Tribunal, perhaps even one in Winter as I think that its been abandoned by its own vassal... So, there's this opportunity that may not have been heard by many other magi, for now... Well, long story short, Languidus has an interesting book that would enrich our Library..." And Fieltarn summarizes the prospective deal to Alexei, also mentioning the possibility for further exchanges, notably regarding a "high-level Mentem summa".

"Personally, I do not have Ignem vis, though. Nor do I think that our Covenant has some in store currently. Would you be more... lucky yourself, in this department? Or do you think that perhaps one of our sodales would? I'd rather not seek the credit of House Mercere right away if we can avoid it, although Korvin would probably help, I'd guess."