1221.t All Politics is Local

FIona looks at Jacques and/or Viviana with a surprised look on her face.

They are not present, their request to relocate is automatically granted, pending verification of the vis source. Atsingani is extremely busy setting up temporary council chambers, and scouting for a more suitable location. The request is automatically granted.

Ah. Well, in that case, she looks around for them with a surprised look on her face, then settles back in her chair. It seems we must improve our communication with our vassals, she thinks. (oh, and for the record - anything I write in uncolored italics w/o quotation marks is thought or internal monologue)

[OOC: There is no other Tribunal activity on the 2nd day. For Korvin and Jormungand, Ra'am has setup a Longevity Ritual booth at the fair... (hint)]

The next day, I'll wait a bit for this, will see the Archmagus challenge. It is requested that only Magi with a Parma of 4 or better, or Auram form scores in excess of 20, or a combination of two granting at least a 25 Auram magic resistance be in attendance, in case of accidental and unintended exposure. There will be a tent with a CrIm effect displaying the events well away for any others who are interested, but their MR is too low.

Fiona looks at the sign and does some quick mental figuring. I've never seen an Archmagus Challenge before, she thinks, and it might be interesting to see how it's done Obviously, since this one is apparently Aurum-based, it won't be the same as mine will be someday, but still. And my resistance to Aurum is strong enough to witness the event in person. She looks to see when it is, and whether there's a "sign-up" sheet for spectators. Barring unforeseen circumstances, she will be in attendance.

L would also like to watch the Archmagus challenge. She has 30 MR against Auram.

The morning of the third day a huge roar is heard over head of the gathered magi, awakening many of them. Eloi takes the podium, "It is with great sadness that we believe Renita has succumbed to Final Twilight. We believe the roar heard overhead this morning was her. We cannot find her in human or heartbeast form. We were informed by some of the Bjornaer that they believe the roar we heard was her. In light of these events, and with Prospero's consent we are concluding Tribunal early. We will begin a search for a new Praeco immediately." Prospero who was standing nearby, and appeared upset, but there was little he could do, as a complaint would be a serious breach of etiquette. The fair continues, and the magi make ready for the Tournament.
At mention of that, an older looking magus stands, "That's alright Eloi, I'm right here. Celeres is here. I'll round up my knights and have them deliver word to all the magi not present at our gathering. I'm ready to assume the duties of Praeco, and we shall endeavor to serve with the honor worthy of King Arthur."
Proctor appears gobsmacked, Eloi's look is stoic.

Fiona leans over and whispers to whichever of her sodales is closest. [color=blue]"I thought the Praeco was automatically the oldest magus in the tribunal. Is there some dispute as to who is gauntleted first?"

What does Fiona know about Renita? e.g. what was her hearbeast, what kind of Praeco was she, whether she had any rumoured stance on the Lotharingian question, etc.? Int 1 + Order of Hermes Lore 2 + die roll of 8 = 11.

Also, does she know whether Normandy is different from other Tribunals in choosing their Praeco? Int 1 + Code of Hermes(?) 3 + die roll of 3 = 7.

Viscaria, sitting in another section with all the other Verditii, also whispers in furious curiosity with the others.

However, as she's somehow managed to spend a decade and a half as a journeyman mage without picking up a single level of CoH or OoHL (despite having Verditus Lore), her questions are a bit more......sophmoric. I doubt she's alone among the enchanters in this foible.

Still, what does Verditus Lore have to say on the subject?

VLore 3 (members) + Int 3 + die roll (on phone, someone else roll pls?)

Instead of relying on Lore roles, this is being widely discussed, and here's the scuttlebutt.

It is conceivable that there is an older magus who is living quietly in the Tribunal. Proctor is advancing the position that they are exercising due dilligence in finding the oldest magus to act as Praeco. However, the oldest magus may decline the offer and it then falls to the next oldest, and the process repeats until a magus accepts. At the time of the Tribunal, Celeres is the oldest known magus in the Tribunal AND it appears he wishes to accept the position. The powers of the Praeco are mostly when there is need of a Tribunal (special one for high crimes) and before the Tribunal. The other offices of the Tribunal, are handled by appointees, such as Proctor as the Presiding Quaesitor, Valerian as Chief Hoplite and House Mercere at Dragon's Rest handles the treasury.

Ahhh :bulb: so that's why Proctor was so desperate to find out how old Apollodorus is...he wants to figure out where he fits in the OP. Got it. (I can be a little foggy sometimes)

Okay, then that roll will be to figure out who among the Verditus might be contenders, or indeed even care about politics.

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3328894/

So, that would a 15.

edit

Well, she died before the tourney, so... nice try?

I'll just edit the post, I had the events mistimed.