1221.t Scavenger Hunt and Closing Ceremonies

I was quite clear as to how much vis you would receive for a prize pawn in the post about prizes, immediately following the results post (see quoted portion below). You've taken 30 pawns of Intellego, and I'm not going to allow you to change it at this time, since this could drag on forever.

Fair enough, I should have gone back and read it. If the covenant feels that they need more of a certain type of vis, Alexei will be happy to trade even at a loss, he feels a bit guilty about being so greedy.

Well, there's good story reason for it, too, it plays into what's going on in the Quaesitor thread.

Mons Electi secures the following:
Creo Tropaea 4 pawns, ~5 days to the west. Ripe in spring, so not available this year.
Corpus Tropaea 5 pawns, ~3 days to the northeast. This puts it very close to the Rhine. Ripe in Autumn
Two extremely large and unwieldy tractatus written by Cannophori. Each is quite large, the size of 6 books (physically, they are as tall as a man) as he didn't want the individual tractatus to be spread amongst several actual volumes he attempted to combine all the volumes into one book. The quality of each is 15, which completes redeeming of prize pawns.

Dare i ask what all of the tracti cover?

Seeing as how it's Cannophori, I'm assuming Corpus, possibly Creo. But probably Corpus. And they probably have a life-sized portrait of his mother on the front cover :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, you know what they're made of. Continuous external integument of some poor sap.

It's a gruesome document. Be sure to read it with plenty of illumination.

Korvin will get his Library card out.

What book has Cannophori in it? Sounds familiar.

Cannophori Methuselah. Character that was trying to join the campaign a couple of months ago, but didn't work out.

Before you came into the saga, check the forum threads for that name. Ultimately he decided to pull out, but I was close to inviting him to leave. The reason why Tria was brought into the saga as an NPC...him. I wasn't really going to let a player get his jollies off by demeaning another player's character, whether he's an apprentice or otherwise. His plans for Ulrich were to have him collect his mother's stool samples in furtherance of his "research" on Longeivty Rituals.

So, to minimize abuse, I brought in Tria, who Apollodorus knew about, because she could pop into the caves, and one time she did while everything was under construction. He knew he could pre-empt a potentially abusive master by having Tria take Ulrich, allowing him to be fostered here. Ultimately it didn't need to happen, but it works out well, as Apollodorus essentially has charge of him. It takes a village to make an apprentice.