1221 Vis Distribution

I figured as much. It means we need a supermajority of five out of seven votes, then. But that's not necessarily bad when dealing with conservative magi.

Gavin will be flexible about vis too. So long as he gets a few points of (non-Cr) technique vis, he'll be happy. He'll also withdraw any claim on the excess Ig vis, since Angus wants it.

I'm ok with the distribution to be updated & reduced, and therefore have altered by selection in teh spreadsheet. Pending the acceptance of the other players/magi and also if all players are still active. Not sure as yet what the final target for distribution will be, so I've dropped my selection from 25 to 12. Also added a summary in the spreadsheet to show how many we desire as our stored cap for each type of vis.

Do we want to limit the number of Technique vis a magus can take in their distribution? I tend to think yes, or they'll be a run on Technique vis. I imagine we ought to even it out so that everyone at least has the option to get the same amount of Technique vis.

Yes. That's what I suggested above. I figured using our overage ratio to determine withdrawal ratios would be a limiting and self-correcting measure.

I thought that was the case. But then Corbin requested 9/12 vis as Te vis, so I thought it needed to be said again for emphasis.

Where is this spreadsheet? I know about the advancement one.

Probably does. To be plain though - the rest of the allocations in the sheet have not been selected, or have selected 25 pawns total and it's not plain to be yet what the final target figures are. I've adjusted again.

Suggestion: We need a sticky post with all the sheets, or a link in the wiki

Well, we still need one of Hope, Laerlegger, or Angus to buy into the plan before it'll become official. We haven't heard from any of their players during this debate, as yet. Right now we're 4 for, 0 against, and 3 undecided, and 2 waiting until everyone else has voted.

Yes, a set of links that are easy to find would be helpful. Thanks for that link. I listed 10 for Beatrix, but I'm willing to adjust. With several still at 25 it was hard to tell what was best to select. I just tried to take what was most abundant. But, as I said, I'm willing to adjust.

Links are added on the Wiki's front page.

Is it 10 or 12? I put 12 because Trogdor put 12.

Are we limiting techniques taken per person?

I counted 9 magi for distribution. Figuring 90 pawns is close to, but just under, 90% is how I got to 10.

If the distribution will be rating them equally, as PB said, we really have to.

Reduce Corvus' An and Co selections by 1 and he will be at 10. I can not access GoogleDocs while at work.

I've altered your vis as instructed and also dropped Corbin's selection back to 10 too.

Should we limit techniques to 2 per salary?

Do we want to note when the vis sources are harvests so we know by season what the income will be. it may allow for magi to defer their selection until a certain technique or form is harvested. PB and I had this in another game we played.

Which plan are we voting on? I've seen several ideas bandied about I wasn't aware there was a coherent plan proposed or voted on.

This is the proposal I'm talking about.

Angus would vote in favor.

Then we should have 5 magi in favor: Angus, Beatrix, Corbin, Corvus, and Gavin. (Presumably Eilid and Boudicca will follow suit.) So it should be legit now. Only Hope and Laerleggr have not commented.