1221 Vis Distribution

Hope just wants to get some Terram Vis.

Depending on who else is wanting what, Angus would also be open to getting Aurum Vis...

Laerleggr thinks it's a reasonable policy.
I've updated his vis request in the google spreadsheet.

Edit: and again to only select vis types that are in the black.

Since we've agreed to this, some people may want to recheck their requests. Can't get any Cr, In, Pe, He, nor Me vis until the overage is first distributed. With Angus and Hope not wanting Technique vis, that means pretty much the only Technique vis to be distributed will be 2 Mu and 10 Re. We can expect two more to be taken, distributed between magi. There is also some overage in the Forms that needs to be taken before some of the other requests will be handled. I've tried to take things that aren't being requested as much. I can't do all of it; I'm still quite flexible and willing to adjust, but others have to adjust some. It will be clearer when Angus's and Hope's requests have been edited. Boudicca and Eilid can make up for some of it, but they're just past their limit, really on the Technique end of things.

edited on the spreadsheet or edited in this thread?
I've edited my request in the spreadsheet to be 10 Au, 10 Ig, 5 He
In general the lower the level of the library's highest book on a subject the more he wants the vis.

I'm not sure the proposal was entirely clear. At present, we each get a distribution of only 10 vis (~90% of what we took in), not 25. The rest goes to a reserve for the covenant. That reserve ideally includes 20 each of Cr, Co, and Vi, 15 each of In, Mu, Pe, and Re, and 10 each of An, Aq, Au, He, Ig, Im, Me, and Te.

Anything above these numbers is our surplus. For example, we have 25 Re, which is 10 above our goal of 15 vis, and gives us a surplus of 10 Re. Likewise, we have 9 Me, which is 1 below our goal. That means that we have no surplus of Me.

Vis distribution starts with the surplus. We have to get rid of the surplus before we can dip into the reserve. In the present case, we have a surplus of 2 Mu, 10 Re, 10 An, 2 Aq, 2Au, 13 Co, 3 Ig, 2 Im, 12 Te, and 11 Vi (67 vis total). Of the 90 vis we distribute, 67 of it must be that surplus vis. Ideally, everyone would pick 67/9 = 7 or 8 vis from the surplus and 2 or 3 vis from the reserves to make it even.

Does that clarify things at all or just muddy the waters further?

no, that was not clear, I was under the impression we were distributing 90% and depositing the remainder into the reserves.
Especially since everyone has either 10 or 25 vis being selected

Angus will prefer Ig or Au, from whatever is available. base this is 3 ig and 2 au, followed by he, of which we have no surplus, then Terram, of which we have a large surplus, but also an apparently large demand (depending on what hope plans to do with her reduced allowance).

Yes, but that's 90% of the income, not 90% of the stores.

We should probably have put the income values on the spreadsheet as well. I've adjusted Angus request to: 2 re, 1 aq, 1 au, 2 he, 1 ig, 2 te, 1 vi

Then Hope asks for 10 Te vis.

You do realize the covenant income for Te vis is 8 per year? In any case with a target of 10 for stores your taking 10 would leave only 5

:blush: Oops. :blush:
[strike]Well she asks for 3 Te, 3 Co, and 4 Creo. I've already changed the spreadsheet of requests. The Bloody Coin hasn't been added to the sources on the wiki though, so we still have excess corpus.[/strike]

She wants the corpus for herself. She needs the Te to make Wands of Iron Clay, so she won't object too strenuously if someone else wants it. The creo was chosen as filler, so feel free to move that around as well.

Is the PC distribution of vis after the Spring 1221 meeting completed? Which is, currently:

• Angus: 2 each of Rego, Herbam, and Terram; 1 each of Aquam, Auram, Ignem, and Vim.
  • Beatrix: 4 Vim, and 2 each of Rego, Animal, and Imaginem.
  • Corbin: 3 each of Corpus and Ignem, and 2 each of Rego and Terram.
  • Corvus: 4 each of Animal and Corpus, and 2 Muto.
  • Gavin: 3 Terram, 2 each of Rego and Animal, and 1 each of Muto, Aquam, and Auram.
  • Hope: 4 Creo, 3 Corpus, and 3 Terram.
  • Laerleggr: 5 Corpus and 5 Vim.

And for Boudicca and Eilid, they get 10 pawns each, so long as it doesn't reduce the stores of that particular art below the Store Max shown on the chart. Is that correct?

I think we're not quite done, but close. We'd set a cap of 2 Technique pawns (this year). Two magi have selected more tha 2.

Also, it's not that the two NPCs can't pull the stores below the max, just that in the end no store can be above the max. So, for example, we need them to take a little Re and Vi.

I wasn't sure if we were going with 2 or 3 Technique. I'll drop one Re for another Te.

I thought the "store max" was how many of each Art we wanted to keep in inventory, not the most we would have after distribution? (E.g. we want to keep at least 20 Vim, or 20 Corpus, or 10 Herbam on hand.)

Or are we saying the same thing in different ways?

Stores can be above the max. They are just arts that we would use to trade to fill other areas. I would not force a magi to take vis just because we have have excess. We just have to be careful not to go below the store max by much more than we take in income.

I'm confused. First, if you can't go below it, then the term is "minimum." Second, we'd agreed first to distribute from surplus (anything above the maximum), then distribute the remaining Vis income owed. This should help keep things in good order, preventing major runs on certain Arts without having to be overly proscriptive. Plus, since Bea isn't generally concerned much with the Art, she can deal with a lot of the surplus others don't want.

If we only allowed to take from the surplus then we will be limited to the same vis as the income. I do agree on the 2 Technique limit. I would put floors on all of the vis stocks and not allow it to fall below. Vis that goes over it's limit can be traded for vis that is low.

Well Hope is throughly confused by the system. She changes her order to 3 Te, 3 Co, and 2 Creo admitting defeat.