1222-1227 OOC

Trying to get a handle on troupe desires...

Roberto wants a dinner with Ariel with all of the Flambeau.
Fiona wants a dance (feast too?) on the last night of the Tribunal.
Rose/Akril is in flux, but it was my plan whether Rose was a PC or not, to try and get her to join Mons Electi, I still want to do that, but due to the Grand Tribunal delegate, she's going to hold off officially joining until after Grand Tribunal.
Alexei is Chief Hoplite, he needs to designate some deputies...probably talk to Celeres some.

Inviting troupe input (really it could be in-character input, for that matter): anything Mons Electi would like Tranquillina to try to do, Intrigue-wise? Probe alliances among major Hermetic players? Influence someone to act to further our interests? ...

First thing that came to mind was to get a gauge on how other covenants/magi feel about Mons Electi being the Tribunal capital (whether Normandy or Lotharingia).

After the vis pay out ( post 1227), Jacques will have to contract with Korvin about a better LR. +5 is not cutting it.

Deputies would be Roberto and from there I'll need to look a bit more. Can I get a refresher on who Celeres is?

Just wanted to alert folks that I put out a call for magi to give input to Tranquillina, who's about to talk with Bilera. Chime in as you like!

Bonisagus from Cunfin, obsessed with the Holy Grail...not so much finding it (anymore), but learning everything there is to know about it. (The Lion and the Lily, p. 110)

I think JL stated that he is moving to Confluensis

I don't have the Lion and The Lily, so I might be a bit off in my selections, I'll welcome any suggestions.

Selections?

Celeres was from Cunfin, he is now at Confluensis. Who knows, maybe now he'll move to Mons Electi, what with Tribunal city being there...

I don't have Lion and Lily (been avoiding getting it so there's at least one Covnenant book that holds surprises for me. So I'm not sure what NPCs are perspective. Maybe I could hold an interview process or something?

I went ahead and randomly determined the effective Com scores of the books in the Mons Electi library. Because that's how I roll. (Speaking of rolls, here are the dice rolls used in these determinations, for summae on Techniques, Forms, and Abilities.) The results are on the wiki. Your friendly neighborhood Bonisagus has even bumped up the Quality of the Muto summa, which was written by quite an average communicator with an extreme mastery of the Technique (a score of 50 in Muto). What could possibly be more captivating than this tale.

I definitely see Tranquillina striking up a friendship with Fiona - not least because of the shared Gaelic heritage. For the first couple of years, we recall, Fiona had that Magic Realm vis inside 'er, and that made Tranquillina uncomfortable without knowing why probably. But over the next couple of years, Tranquillina made some efforts to build a friendship (I remember a thread with a chat in the library), and it makes sense to me that Fiona would reciprocate.

I see Tranquillina as a bit of a prude for some reason; I doubt Fiona's checking-out comments (much less the flirting) will find much purchase there. And similarly, Fiona seems to be a more private person than Tranquillina, so overtures in the reverse direction would also yield only limited results. But that shouldn't preclude a perfectly satisfactory friendship from coming into being.

Now, would Cumhachd's name, and Tranquillina's apprenticeship's first half, have come up in that time? Hard to say. Maybe not, really. It'll be noteworthy to witness Tranquillina's reaction to a Tytalus's petition for membership then.... :smiling_imp:

We have 599 pawns of vis and 426 to be claimed. Do we want to lower that or go with it?

Alexei, Fiona, Jacques, Isen and Korvin get 67 pawns.
Viscaria takes 32 pawns of ReTe (I'll up date the sheet)
Tranquillina has taken 12 and is still owned 24

Korvin can take his last as he can exchange it for what he needs.

If you update the sheet, please follow the same pattern I am doing. Remove the pawns from the unclaimed column and take the vis you want. I did this for Tranquillina.

Does Alexei's cut include the 40+ pawns he spent to transport Muffarj and his family?

No. i took that out of the Covenant resources. But it is a question on how much we want to leave in the bank ( as it were) for things like that to support the Covenant and it's members.

I might suggest that all full members take 60 pawns rather than 67.

Scribal Fees for Durenmar line 67. I'm going to have to make an decision on which vis is taken for this.

I choose 10 Cr, 5 Mu 10 Re, 4 Aq 10 Co, 15 Me. The spreadsheet is updated

Edit. I realized I could not take 10 He because Alexei needed it and it was spent. took 5 more Me and 5 Mu to make up for it

Could I have a link to the vis sheet? Don't know why, but I'm having issues.

Here's a link to the vis inventory spreadsheet. (also linked from the wiki home page)

The updates look good, jebrick :slight_smile:
Personally, I think there's plenty of vis left for covenant projects. We only spent around 150 pawns on the entire Tribunal, so having a stockpile of 100 (which will rapidly grow) should suffice for most purposes. And we can always defer allotments or re-loan the covenant personal vis for something huge that comes along. (Of course, I also think we have plenty of personal vis....)

(putting this here, so as to not derail the thread)

When the party returns to The Blacksmith's, they likely find him and Fiona sitting on a couch talking. They had a nice long talk about many things – the nature of magic, the nature of Magic, about whether Fiona would come to Magic for the occasional booty call, etc. She very much likes to have her field plowed by him (in fact, it took all her self-control not to drag him back to the bedroom while everyone was gone), but the time-flow differential makes that problematic; one night in Magic is three or four days in the Mortal Realm, and that would seriously detract from her work. And it wouldn't be fair to him to just be a plaything to satisfy Fiona's desires. She does suggest that he come visit her if/when he's able if he wants to spend time with her, don't know if that's possible or if something he'd be willing to do.

But she's ready to go when they return, she asks how it went, whether they were able to locate/retrieve Marcus, etc. And, since they know how to get back if they need to, she doesn't feel the need to offer to be their guide or come with them next time.