1222-1227 OOC

Fixed that for you :laughing:

Well I guess moving Mujarrf's family won't be so devastating after all.

vis update. 1223.2 removed 36 pawns of Herbam ( all of it) for Alexei. Had to switch 4 pawns spent for Bountiful Feast to Creo for that year. It is in the ledger.

Is Jehanne a fighting grog? If so...oy vey. Alexei will not like seeing him...out of uniform.

Yes, he is. And he's Fiona's shield grog. (I'm assuming that, since no one's played Ivor in, like, forever, that he's returned to Scotland?)

Maybe he could help out with those giants that popped up in Insula Canaria...and then Talia can totally repay his efforts. :smiley:

Yeah, let's go with that. He hasn't really done anything since he was "laid up" with an off-stage injury in the Land of Giants thread (Summer of '22), although Amul mentioned sending him to do Tria in the Stop, Collaborate, and Listen (which takes place in the "future", Winter of '27). So I'm fine with having him go back to Scotland in, say, late '22 or '23 sometime.

Which means Mons Electi doesn't have to worry about paying for him, anymore :smiley:

Well it's not Alexei's business then if it's a personal shield grog. Those are often not part of the regular turb.

Jehanne (whose true name is Jehannot) was not part of the turb that came from Astingani, but he has been with Mons Electi since its founding. He certainly trains with the turb, but I do imagine that Fiona would naturally take a personal interest in the social outcast. I think it's fine for Alexei or others not to be fine with him being a transvestite; certainly there must be some soldiers or covenfolk who are extremely not-ok about it, and virtually nobody at the covenant is comfortable with it.

I'm thinking that, even though each magus has their "shield grog," since the magi don't go out all that often, and that the shield grog's not required to protect their magi on a daily basis (unless maybe a magus uses his shield grog as a daily bodyguard or something), they would probably be with the turb most of the time and just do occasional t.d.y. with the magus.

Alexei would stay out of it for respect for Fiona. If not for her, he'd have likely driven him out and told him to join an acting troupe if he liked to play dress up so much.

But he doesn't need to be involved in this at all, unless some of the grogs start causing trouble or something.

I always remember entertaining times in games. And Roberto did make a cog fly on a spont spell.

How about "Uh... everything that guy just said is bullshit... Thank you." :smiley:

With that roll. Alexei could have said that and won. :open_mouth:

Remember that the Fay would not have "died" unless it made for a good story. :smiley: If it were a very powerful fay they could change it after a bit. Wilhelm could be caught in a modified Oedipus story.

Well the good story is that Wilhelma killed her father, or at least thought she killed her father, and spent two years in the forest suffering. Her grief also left her mother without the support she needed after the death of her "husband." Of course, the Fae feasted on that suffering, but in the end that suffering freed her real father from his imprisonment. Then her father had to rebuild his life. And his wife had children with another "man."

Drama...

It is a good story but is it repeatable for more attention? Perhaps not from Wilhelm but someone else. If this were still a fae story ( not saying it is not ), i would guess that a new fae is running with a new story. It could be the old one ( who impersonated her father) but it takes some serious power to change their story.

Either way, I'm sure Wilhelm is good for some more drama.

But the faerie hasn't changed the story, Willhelma did. And so now a new story can begin. Keep in mind, I actually don't have RoP:Faerie, what I'm doing is independent of any suggests made in that book. But faeries and stories is a common theme, repeating the ballads of old, and only strong faeries and humans with free will can change their stories. Faeries, through interacting with humans can have their stories changed, which is one reason why they like to interact with humans. I have no idea if this is canon within RoP:Faerie, but it's how I see it.

It's also why I have a huge prejudice against SFB. SFB is very nearly the most powerful virtue in the game, and if anyone else wanted to play a character with it, i'd be setting some strong ground rules. Basically, the character has to have a story, and it has a huge time growing beyond that story. All of the stories I'll write for a character with that lineage will be very tightly woven, and attempts to act other than the concept will come at a very high price. I didn't have to discuss them with Amul, because Viscaria was so tightly conceived and played into the one story of hers, almost perfectly. Arya...well, Arya would have to deal with her SFB at some point, too.

Amul was going to be hit with a bunch of stories about changing Viscaria's fate, if he wanted Viscaria to truly learn who her mother was. Viscaria's fate was, basically to imprison herself and it was so tightly woven and beautifully concieved by Amul's character, perhaps unconsciously, that she chose a spider for a familiar. She only leaves a prison when she feels it is safe to do so. She can't even manipulate others into the prison because she wants that perfect security that one has when one is imprisoned.

Laetitia's story, which I'm still toying with, just because I think it's an interesting story, is capturing a legacy that constantly eludes her. Her concept was that she was a descendant of Guernicus, but in a House (in this saga) where Guernicus didn't matter, and so anything she should hope to accomplish by being of that legacy was largely ignored/shunned. Ultimately, the legacy is living as Guernicus lived, and using the Code as he would have...

I would not argue that SFB is not amazingly powerful. It is the basis for any serious munchkin character :astonished:

My comments were based on RoP:F so you can ignore them :smiley: Even then, the story can easily get picked up by other fae as you set up the "changelings" for siblings.

Munchkins can show up anywhere. I don't mind the munchkin, as almost any magus will tend towards the munchkin over the long term. The way to curtail the munchkin is to plant them into stories, stories which will cause them to struggle, stories which provide only a modicum of resolution of their SFB tendency/nature. A SFB Merinita, totally get behind it, they'd probably own the stories like all get out. Viscaria was played as though she wanted to be a Merinita, and it's possible that path might have opened up for her. The other character... not so much.

Almost any Major Virtue can turn into a munchkin exercise. Magister in Artibus is another virtue, but, in my experience, a magus character taking it is going to be...old, like making Aging rolls before play begins, because it's 25-Int+15 years old for an apprenticeship... For that you get 240 xp. SFB is worth ~230 (Second sight starts 1+15xp per year *15extra years before Aging rolls)... Of course, if the SFB character doesn't try and exploit that at character generation, I may not hammer down on it very hard.

Anyway... :smiley: