1222-1227 OOC

Isn't that kind of assumed, when you contract someone to do your LR? (My, and presumably Fiona's, assumption was that the ritual would be performed at the end of the season.

I do not doubt that. The ritual can be performed at anytime after it is finished. Korvin does not do the ritual Alipis will perform the ritual. i'm just asking if the contract was for you to pay for a LR or to get someone to make the LR.

It looks like, technically, Fiona merely agreed to procure or facilitate her LR, not to perform it or pay for it to be performed.

But later she said something to the effect of procuring the ritual for her. Which suggests paying for the cost of development.

I guess I always think of the LR as developing a lab text for a person which that can later use to cast ritual/make the potion/get a new tattoo. To me the vis cost is in the casting. But the RAW is ambiguous in this so Fiona will have to take vis from stores. Just make a note of it. We can always exchange some of the herbam for vim if we need it.

I think this is one of those cases, where the first time an LR is created is a lab activity that takes a season and creates an end product as a result of the ritual. Such a ritual is done. The lab text is created at the same time, as well as the final ritual. The ritual can later be reperformed (adding any additional vis that might be necessary to account for increased age). IF the ritual required vis, it needs the baseline + whatever is needed for a change in age...

That's how I see it. What Fiona wants to pay for a sculpture of unsurpassed beauty...

His roll was 1,1,7 + Finesse estimate of 15+3 +1 specialty + Precise casting 5 + Perception 5 + 3 Free Expression +3 Muse=ridiculously high.

InvisibleCastle is back on line! 8)

It depends on the name servers...
For example, on my phone on the cellular network, I can get to it. On my work PC, I can't, but our ISP is sucky.
Should update in the next few hours...

Ahem.

I'm getting a "This domain was registered at namecheap.com. Please check back later!" page. (as of 15:47 est)

Huh. I just used it for actual rolls (about 4pm EST).

I saw that, but when I clicked on the link, I got the same page I had before. I'm using Chrome Version 23.0.1271.91. I'll have to find the links again and go to IE or Firefox to see if it's a browser-specific issue.

FWIW, I'm on chrome at the office, primarily, but when things like this happen, I switch to IE, just to confirm it's not some dumb cache issue. Both IE and Chrome resolve to the namecheap domain registered page.
My phone, on the cellular network, goes to the same old site.
The site owner forgot to renew, and it expired. He probably has since renewed, but the DNS takes time to propagate changes. Good changes take longer than bad changes. :smiley:

I don't know if it's a function or symptom or whatever of the whole "Rego Craft" thing that gives me pause, but I've never seen anyone require blueprints for a Creo whatever ritual, whether it's Conjuring the Mystic Tower or any of its various Terram or Herbam or whatever variants.

To me, requiring a detailed and vast knowledge of how to build a castle (for example) is more fitting for Rego. For Creo, it should be a simple matter of "I can picture the castle in my mind" and buddabingbangboom, there it is.

I suspect I might be in the vast minority in this belief that the whole "Omygawdxor Rego Craft is teh awesome!" is making people make things more complicated than they need to be.

Rego requires finesse, and raw materials... And it requires beaucoup finesse, at that.
Creo requires...vis. And the finesse is almost incidental. 6 to 9 are commonly stated ease factors, and it's based on Int, not perception. And I'm inclined to treat these as a non botch stress roll. The design is what you imagine, you reach into the realm of forms. Getting to EF 6 or 9 is not hard for Int 3, Fin 2. And missing the EF just means it isn't all kinds of awesome to look at, but it's fully functional.

My fiddling with Praxiteles...Rego crafting is not awesome. It's pretty close to work for a magus. :smiley:
Need to have complex designs. Architectural knowledge, and you need to express your magic so that it fits with the designs you've worked up. I can see the appeal for some magi. But in a rich covenant, such as Mons Electi, vis is probably preferable.

Korvin wants you to roll with him every time. Normal, he is the worst for rolling. I'm sure it is coming back :smiley:

This on the heels of my first botch too ... is it the start of a long slow descent into the Dice Doghouse?! :cry:
well, I guess I should just be happy I can roll at all, with Invisible Castle's warping :wink:

Went back and added the deferred vis allotments for each magus through 1227 (and based on the assumption that Viscaria was never made a full member, which is why she was getting half-shares the whole time). It looks like we have over 500 pawns of vis in various forms and techniques sitting in our stores. Each full member has deferred 64 pawns of their vis salary.

Just so we can see, if someone does need to redeem their deferment for whatever reason, how much they would be due. And if, for example, Fiona decided to "cash in" 12 Creo and 15 Corpus, we can go back into 1224 and 1225 and change the entry to reflect that she did receive her allotment.

Korvin is about to spend a healthy chunk of that on Tribunal Buildings.

A couple of pawns here, a couple of pawns there, pretty soon you're talking real money. :laughing: