1222.1a Listen, Do You Smell Something?

((deleted due to double-posting...it was exactly the same as the one directly above))

Why would Vin Diesel be my grog? If you want to stat that up, I'll happily take him. Between Bibricate, Albion and now Rhine Gorge, I'm pretty exhausted with char gen. Stupid Windows-only Metacreator.

Hey, the council decides, not Viscaria. :slight_smile:

Viscaria eyes the gibbering welsh girl and wonders what she's saying. A few minutes later, she wonders where the girl went. "Ah, well, so long as I keep using a Loud Voice and Emphatic Gestures, she'll be able to find me again....And I'm guessing Thera will be able to hear her scream if she finds anything noteworthy..."

So...Isen, Viscaria, Theraphosa, Vin Diesel the shield grog, and Wen first head up the path to Ioseph's sanctum.

Jacques will join the group and follow Viscaria ( since she is making paths). Pecess, Jacques's crow familar, will fly around to scout.

[Perhaps I should change the thread to "Where do these stairs go.?" "They go up." I digress.]

Those going on this expedition with second sight should give me several rolls (5 or more) for me to use in applying your second sight. It's known that there are entrances to higher levels of the regio. Note, not all rolls might be used... I'll apply them as necessary. If you'd like me to roll on the player's behalf I can, but invisible castle can hate me sometimes.

Viscaria's Second Sight Rolls
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3346201/

1d10.open(10)+2 → [4,2] = (6)
1d10.open(10)+2 → [[10, 10, 4],2] = (26) BOTCH
1d10.open(10)+2 → [4,2] = (6)
1d10.open(10)+2 → [7,2] = (9)
1d10.open(10)+2 → [6,2] = (8)

Vin Diesel's Second Sight Rolls
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3346211/

1d10.open(10)+9 → [7,9] = (16)
1d10.open(10)+9 → [9,9] = (18)
1d10.open(10)+9 → [3,9] = (12)
1d10.open(10)+9 → [4,9] = (13)
1d10.open(10)+9 → [7,9] = (16)

Of course, being a Sociable -2, Antihero +1, he's going to just stay cool about whatever he sees, and only provides information asked for by others.

(Riddick is really unsuited to being a bodyguard, actually, since his whole shtick is being constantly on the run. Maybe we're talking about the guy from XXX?)

Pecess second sight

1d10+4=7
1d10+4=11
1d10+4=11
1d10+4=14 Botch roll 1d10=9
1d10+4=13

Treat Pecess with the same stats as a Raven of Virtue.

Forgot to add +2 Per to the rolls

Wen will, for the most part, go along with the group. She will zigzag from one side to the other, looking down over the precipice, weaving in and out of the trees. At one point, she will walk alongside one of the other grogs, grinning from ear to hear, and say "Mae hyn yn wych! Mam a thad byth yn gadael i mi wneud pethau fel hyn!" excitedly.

Even in her exuberance, though, she knows that she's supposed to be Looking for Stuff. So. Per 1 + Awareness 0 + Keen Vision 3 + die roll of 5 = 9.

And along the way, or during rest stops, she will sing in Welsh, and anyone who seems intelligent and speaks either Welsh or French, she will ask riddles. Like: "In a garden was laden a beautiful maiden as ever was seen in the morn. She was made a wife the first day of her life, and she died before she was born."

The gi-hugic tarantula with the -6 Pre will sing counterpoint with Wen.

Isen will be grumpy and silent, as ever. Nonetheless, he'll take care of his sodales.

Per 1 + Second Sight 3 (Invisible things) = 4/5

"Wow," Wen says. "Is that a real spider?" she asks in French. Her hand raises almost as though she wants to pet it, but draws back a little as she looks at Viscaria.

(deleted double post)

Theraphosa regards the young girl uncertainly for a second before assenting to be touched.

Viscaria waits glances at the girl and says, in Latin, "Huh?"

What is the exact plan? Ignore the sanctum marker and proceed to fully investigate the cave?

Jacques will investigate the sanctum as best he can. He is just understanding how limited his is as a Mage.

You know, I only JUST realized that the regio everyone's been talking about is NOT the one at the Temple of Janus. facepalm

Laetitia would volunteer to help check things out as soon as she realizes folks aren't heading to the Temple.

Wen squees as she strokes Theraphosa, a look of utter bliss on her face

"You don't speak French?" she asks Viscaria. "How about Welsh?" she then says in Welsh. Getting (presumably) either a blank look or some kind of sound of denial, Wen will just roll her eyes. "Roeddwn i'n meddwl doethion oedd i fod i wybod pethau"* she mutters under her breath.

*"I thought magi were supposed to know things."

must...resist...urge...to play...Wen...as a...Kender.

Wen indicates, through gestures, that she would really like to see what's the other side of Iosephus's door.

Wen will also search the sanctum thoroughly, even though she doesn't know what they're looking for. Chests, under the mattress, in the wardrobe, wherever. Per 1 + Awareness 0* + Keen Vision 3 + die roll of 1 (followed by a die roll of 2), for a total of 4) = 7.

• can't believe she doesn't have Awareness...I'm going to fix that after this adventure.

After the 2nd or third time Wen tries to talk to Viscaria, the short maga sighes, and gestures for Wen to come close to her. She makes a big show of pulling out two small silver wands, each about the length and width of a finger. She shows Wen some of the symbols written on the two casting tools, mumbling incomprehensibly as she does so. (She is actually mumbling jibberish, just to keep Wen's attention). Suddenly and provocatively she makes a sweeping gesture and shouts a few arcane words.

"Let the Babbling Fool Comprehend Wisdom"
Allows the target to understand me when I speak to her, regardless of what language I choose to speak.
Base 5: Understand the meaning behind spoken sounds
+1 Eye, +1 Conc (rolling up)
Total 15, maybe 20 for Sun duration

In 14 + Me 6 + Sta 0 + Aura 5 + WGs 2 + die roll 4= 31 / 2

Then she speaks to Wen in Latin, "I can speak many languages, my new friend, but not yours."

In Arabic, she adds, "Perhaps some day we can find the time for you to teach me your tongue."

And then in Castillian, she finishes, "But first we must explore this dangerous room, and if you touch anything or step anywhere without my permission, I will turn you to stone."

Before any of us enter Iosephus's sanctum, Viscaria wants to examine the regio boundary that's been such a security concern for them. This will allow Laetitia the chance to catch up to us, and give us a reassuring yet inappropriately defined sense of legitimacy to plundering the lab.

(Note to PG: I thought you asked me to make my grog Riddick, so that Wen could be the teen girl in Chronicles.)

"Jacques, can you speak this girl's tongue?

Theraphosa, on the other hand, will pay more attention to the actual mountain at this level. Are there a lot of caves, or just the one? Any signs of animal life?

Wen gets a crestfallen "okay" look on her face, and stands stock still for a while. After a couple of minutes she will ask if she can explore over here (and points to a random part of the room), and is sure to ask Viscaria before she touches anything. An incessant barrage of "Maga, may I touch this?" before the concentration expires on her spell.

No, I just thought Viscaria should have a grog who looked like a real bamf, and Vin Diesel was the first one that popped in my head. I've actually never seen any of his movies. Here's my geek card.

Laetitia eventually arrives, while Glaukopis teases her about a certain blonde whom she may or may not have been dallying with. "Sorry I'm late, here, I'm here," she blurts in Latin.

In Welsh, she mutters, "...Keep your pants on, will ya."