1222.2a The Lost Boys

"I will go. If you have a second Arcane Connection, I can transport myself."

((Go ahead and do the roll to determine the success of the ritual. You can come as Korvin or you can come as Jacques, if you prefer.))

It's summertime, not autumn, so I believe that Onesiphorous would be the Acting Princeps.
The spell doesn't reveal anything different from what can be seen visually, he's badbly burned.

1d10=3 + Cr27 + Co17+stam 1+AL3+ Phil 2 + aura 5 = 56 total.

"I do, actually, I have several, in the event others could transport themselves."

((Don't forget grogs here. Every magus, including Apollodorus should have at least a shield grog. Laetitia, Carmine and Apollodorus can transport themselves, so their grogs will be transported with the group of 10. That leaves 7 spots left, room for 3 magi and 4 grogs, or some combination as deemed appropriate.))

Oh, right. facepalm I even remember posting that somewhere, just forgot to update my Fiona's Planner doc. Okay, she's studying the Tribunal book...so she could take part, then. Of course, she can't use vis to cast spells, so she can't cast any healing rituals. She does, however, generally have a small store of magical plants and herbs and stuff that can be used instead of vis in the casting of those spells, so there is that. And it's highly unlikely that she'll be caught in a blizzard this time.

Fiona won't be able to go, due to her size. She will send a cache of her Rootcutter stuff if anybody wants to use it.

Deykin, however, can go. (The Welsh boy who's in the turb)

Well,it's doubtful that the SG would forget that gigantic detail... If Apollodorus has a group version of Leap of Homecoming that can be cast at Touch range, then it's isn't unreasonable that he has a version that could work on a giant.

((Sorry for the long delay, couldn't post until now))

Alexei regards Apollodorus severely, Mufarrj had been missing for awhile, to suddenly have him return so injured was upsettingm but he does not let that stop him.

"Of course Apollodorus. You may count on me." Alexei sends for his shield grog Brionne to accompany him. Alexei can cast a Leap of Homecoming but decides to allow Apollodorus to cast it so that he can be battle ready and not fatigued. He sends Helmut to bring him some Vis and his magic ring as well as he attaches a spearhead to his staff.

"We may bring Michelle la Rouge if anyone else requires a shield grog. Brionne, fetch the shield, the armour, the swords and the bandages."

[i]Here is a list of items that Alexei is bringing, we can divy them up now if we like:

2 Swords: +4 Harm Human and Animal Bodies (adds 4 for Attack score against man or beast)
Suit of Half Chain: +7 Protect wearer (adds 7 to Soak, total soak +13)
Shield: +5 Protection (adds 5 to Defense score))
Bandages: +4 Healing Wounds (adds 4 to the Recovery roll of the wounded person dressed in them)

Aesculapian Ring: A magical ring that Alexei claimed after slaying a renounced wizard. He had to pay a Bonisagus Magus in order to discover its uses and that it wasn't in fact trapped. The ring is designed to help a wounded Magus heal as well as resist the pain of his wounds and thus allow some ability to continue to work while recovering. It has 2 effects:

Heal the wounded wizard CrCo 25 provides a +15 healing bonus to the wearer. R: Touch D: Sun T: Individual Base: 10 +1 Range, +2 Duration, 2 uses per day +1 total effect level 26.
Mute the debilitating pain ReCo 25 Prevents the feeling of wounds and fatigue. R: Touch D: Sun T: Individual Base 10 +1Range, +2 Duration, 2 uses per day +1 total effect level 26.

The ring has a few drawbacks. It has no Penetration, so the wearer's Parma and MR must be suppressed when activated. Usually the Magus will turn the power of the ring on right after his Parma falls at Sunrise/Sunset and then raises his Parma. Not being able to feel pain and fatigue has some drawbacks as well, as one can actively hurt oneself or make their wounds worse through activity and not feel it. Sleep can also be difficult to come by if not actually sleepy. To activate the healing effect the ring is turned towards the thumb and then turned back. To activate the pain and fatigue resistance the ring is turned towards the pinky and turned back. Alexei has offered the ring as payment on more than one occasion as he stayed as a guest in the various Covenants of Germany.[/i]

Alexei will bring 10 Muto, 4 Corpus, 10 Rego and 5 Pawns of Intelligo

"Apollodorus-- I should like to bring my shield grog, but-- apologies for the presumption, but I flatter myselfin thinking his loyalties lie equally between myself and House Tremere, so... I will be guarded by one of Alexei's men should you think it prudent under the circumstances."

((I have no idea what you're getting at. He's not given you any cause to question his loyalty. Since he's been assigned to you, he's done everything you asked.))

Laetitia has long suspected Elain of spying on her for Goliard, who she suspects of reporting back to Daddy.

Doesn't matter if it's true or not, but L believes it and is too polite to read his mind to confirm or deny her suspicions.

And you want to delve into this issue now?! Something along the lines of timing, blah, blah, blah. If Laetitia really wants Apollodorus to opine on this, she's about to get a lecture...

Alexei looks a bit awkwardly between Apollodorus and Laetitia as his grogs arrive. He seemed about to speak up to help things out between the two and thought better of it.

Alexei begins to silently cast spells on both Michelle, Brionne and himself.

((Alexei: Silvery Scales of the Knight, Hardness of Adamantine, Hauberk of Supreme Lightness, Doublet of Impenetrable Silk, Gift of the Bear's Fortitude)

Michelle and Brionne: Hardness of Adamantine, Hauberk of Supreme Lightness, Doublet of Impenetrable Silk))

Pleasant smell waft from his spell casting and you can see the tenseness of the situation ease on the Grogs' faces as the magic takes effect.

Alexei hands one of the special shields to Brionne and also one of the swords. He keeps the satchel of vis for himself and begins to sort through the items.

"A Verditian named Fabrica Diabolica gave me these, he said they are simple items from his House's craft. Enhanced, but not magically so, they will not be resisted by Might or Parma. This shield, this blade should go to a trusted shield grog. I leave it to the magi to decide. This suit of chain is stronger than ordinary and I can make it lighter and stronger still, it will be as a suit of heavy clothes, no more. Laetitia or Apollodorus, would either of you like to wear it? I have some enchanted bandages and a ring that can reduce pain and provide long term help in healing. I would like someone else to hold those, so that those who are fighting might be rescued. Finally I'd be happy to provide enchantments of protection on yourselves and your grogs."

Viscaria approaches the party, with Vin Diesel and Theraphosa in tow. "The undead are no strangers to me, though the ones I've dealt with are mostly too fresh to be a problem. We can go."

(I have no idea if they're combat effective or not, but magi and familiar have a whole lot of School of Vilano going on for themselves. It'll be fun to see how it works out.)

Vin, seeing the weapons being handed out, hopes to see a superfly knife among the collection. When he doesn't see such an item, he shrugs sadly.

"Unless someone else is equally capable of returning us en masse, then I should think the best tools should go to defending our wagon home. Theraphosa can also provide a lightweight armor -- as thin as silk, yet as strong as leather, and distinctive amid a field of enemies."

...and yet, so blaise about it that she mentions it casually in public?

Rather than saying something, I think Laetitia should take Elain, but be noticeably worried about whether or not he's guarding her properly during the skirmish. His behavior might sway her opinion one way or the other during the combat, without having to openly discuss the matter.

Well, the familiar can't be transported...

Wagon home? I don't follow...

Oh, right. ~pout~ I was hoping the familiar bond would somehow counteract that.

Cuz saying "our ticket home" would be anachronistic. The point is, Appolorus is the one with the Lvl 45 Leap of the Homecoming/Group spell. We need to build our defenses around him.

((Who should hold the rescue gear? That being the bandages and the healing ring? Either one could help someone survive an Incapacitating wound recovery roll. A magus should ideally get the half suit of chain, but if Alexei enhances it they'd have to lower their resistance temporarily. He can reduce the Load to 1 and then increase the Soak to +15 total. He can also increase any edged weapons to a total damage bonus of +3, but that requires him to Penetrate, which he's not too bad at, but it's two separate totals. He'd be better off casting just the lower level Edge of the Razor for a +2 bonus and higher Pen.))

Alexei turns to address the magi and their grogs. "Men...stay by your magus, I'm certain I can't order you away from them. But you may feel a touch upon you from my staff, do not fear. My spells are quite pleasant and shall enhance your effectiveness. Magi, if you would have your men get enhanced now have them come forward one at a time."

((Alexei will cast on any Grogs: Doublet of Impenetrable Silk [which will work on Leather armor and clothes so all should be able to receive it and get a +3 soak at no increase in weight], if they're wearing metal armour he will cast Hardness of Adamantine and give it a +2 soak, and also cast Hauberk of Supreme Lightness and lower the Load to 2 for a Full suit, or 1 for a Half suit. If anyone wants a suit of Full Chain, Alexei will cast Silvery Scales of the Knight (Soak +9 Load 6) and then cast the two previous spells and change it Soak +11, Load 2))

"Not knowing what to expect, I shall also cast Eyes of the Cat on all that want it." as he says this own eyes take on an eerie green color as the smell of warm bread fills the air. He does the same to Brionne and Michelle and odors of pine and myrrh emanate. "Brionne, Michelle you know what to do when we get there, I shall make us giants if we need to. And I can include the other grogs as well. A giant for a warrior makes an even better shield grog. Use my resources sodales, I live for battles."

She has implicit trust that he guards her properly (he always has). She strongly suspects that he reports on her activities to Goliard, which he does. Though whether he does that because Laetitia's disapproving father ultimately receives those reports, or because House Tremere has its fingers in many, many pies, is completely up to JL.

Korvin and Jacques arrive at the courtyard in deep conversation. Jacques is very animated while Korvin appears calm. Both appear ready for the trip. Jacques with his armor and longbow and Korvin with various bags and satchels around him. In the end, Jacques hangs his head and gives a little nod and Korvin heads towards the group.

I'm ready to go. I would appreciate any armor spells that anyone can cast on me. Claude will come with me as my shield.

He is bringing 6 Cr, 4 Co and 4 Re vis that are squirreled about his person.

((The debate with Jacques was in internal debate I had for which one to take. Korvin has limited combat abilities but is a very good healer/doctor. His downside is that he can fast cast one spell and sponts are VERY slow. Jacques is Precepts this season and is still quite weak. Jacques' Parma of 2 was the clincher. I brought Claude because he can speak french. He is size +1 but that has been said not to be a problem. If it is I can switch to Jolanda))

Alexei's eyebrow raises as Jacques enters, perhaps still feeling a bit raw over how Brionne was treated he only pauses a moment though before he raises his staff, first to his grog Claude.

((Doublet, Hauberk of Supreme Lightness, Hardness of Adamantine, Eyes of the Cat, total bonus of +5 to Soak and can see in the dark))

"And you Jacques? You'll have to lower your Parma."

((You can get the same spells and a suit of Full Chain if you want it))