1222.2d This is the Land of Giants

Hmmm...interesting. Almost as though the Realm is trying to tell me something, Fiona thinks. and wow, that is a lot of Muto!

She will pull up a stool and spread Iosephus's notes out and start to study them (I'm assuming that they don't need translated), and wonders if his research would be applicable to her magics. Her Rigid Magic has, on rare occasion, been infuriating, especially when she would have liked to be able to cast healing rituals. Again, though, she would find that more useful if she could invent Healing Spells that work on Giant-sized patients. (And she kicks herself again for not having made the time to learn Chirurgy, after all these years). Her Weak Spontaneous Magic, on the other hand, is more of an annoyance at times, but it has occurred to her that she wouldn't mind being able to cast Spontaneous spells more easily more than the regret about her Tradition's Rigid Magic.

The notes aren't explicit, except the Vis was within his very body.

After a few hours of sorting through the lab, doing little but puttering Fiona is interrupted by a knock on the door.
"Fiona, are you busy? I was wondering if you planned to stay for an extended time or if you'll be leaving sooner? There are some others I must speak with if you intend to stay for a season or two."

[color=blue]"I think I'm on to something interesting, so I think I will be staying for a while."

What kind of preparations are Fiona and Laetitia making? I'll resume this a few days after the council thread.

Laetitia would pack some changes of clothes, rations for a week, and bring a shield grog and Glaukopis. And cast Bitter Taste of Betrayal religiously every sunrise and sunset while she's out.

Fiona also packs a change of clothes, bread, cheese, whiskey and wine, some Root-cutter vis replacement stuff (just in case). She will see if Paul wants to go with, and take Ivor.

((jebrick was the last to play him, and he's mentioned RL issues limiting his posting time.))

((okay...so....say, Ivor suffered a training injury and she has to take another shield grog, then?))

((Yup.
@Arya Elain is currently living the good life travelling with the Jerbiton Itinerium regaling the soon to be magae of the House of his vastly embellished exploits of fighting off vampires. Andru and Carmine had indicated that he be given some measure of deference.))

((I can still do Ivor but my posting is more limited since I've started a new job and have not decided if I could post form work. They would either be via Phone or at the end of the day.))

Well, she's looking for a shield grog then.

There are a bunch in the grogs thread. They may not be great, but they're there!

((I can do Ivor but I'm limited to posting at the end of the days or from my cell phone. New job and I am unsure if I would be allowed to post from the work computer.))

((It's entirely up to you. I knew you had some constraints so I'm not going to press you to do it.))

So, Fiona, how are you going to cross back into the magic realm?

Oh, right. Last time I crossed into Magic, I was standing in the doorway, the regio entrance trying to hold it open when the shock waves hit. So, she will go back to that doorway, stand in it with her feet on either side, and see what happens. Hopefully Laetitia sees something when she's there so she can help.

If that doesn't work, then she's going to go to Iosephus's cave, ask Viscaria if they can try passing into Magic from there, and poke around see what they find.

((If you need a hint you can try a roll against a relevant ability.))

Second Sight: 2+3Per+3SS=8... I doubt Laetitia sees a damn thing.

She'll try to spont a lv20 InVi, "Piercing the Magic Veil" - 4+23In+10Vi+1Stam+Aura=38+Aura. If the aura here is 2 magic or greater, then she successfully casts the spell. Otherwise, she's just out of breath and has nothing to show for it :stuck_out_tongue:

It's 5 here.
Laetitia's spell succeeds! She sees a bit of the path up through the next level of the regio, it's moving rapidly in different directions, seemingly simultaneously. Laetita promptly gets violently ill and wretches. Need an Int +Concentration roll of 12+ to maintain concentration.