1222.OOC

And, also consider where it all "started"

Indeed. Ouch!

Hiems never wants to hear of him again.
This is too painful, and hurts to much.
And then, there's the feeling that, if he faced the man and confronted him, he would do something he'd regret, as it is quite a sin to attack a man of the cloth. And this would be useless anyway, only bringing more hurt. This man is a disease. Go near him and he'll infect you. Kill him, and his death will only make things worse, and it'll make a martyr out of him. The past can't be erased, anyway. What's done is done and you gotta live with it.

Apparently, Hiems still hasn't noticed who the lady standing next to Fidel is.

That's because I read the thread from the bottom up :wink:
I haven't read it already

Of course, I give up on looking for the gorram book, and the next morning I quite literally trip over it on my way to the coffee pot.

I fail to see how the description of Crafter/Master of (Form) is any more descriptive than what I jotted down (the quote above from Fixer).

Essentially, Crafter/Master of (Form) says "any of a range of non-ritual spells" using a specific TeFo, up to (Might) Spell Levels. These examples are, if anything, more powerful than what I gave Thera, where I limited the scope to effects that mimic the effects of webs or traps that a trap-door spider would create.

Granted, in my version, she can use any TeFe combo to do that, be it Perdo Terram to mimic a tripline causing rocks to fall, or ReHe for a wooden spike trap-like thing, but I was planning to limit such flexibility to areas where she could have reasonably pre-positioned traps (and admittedly, that's not anywhere in the description).

It seems that I never posted a description of what her powers limitations would be anywhere online, beyond the bit that Fixer quoted, above. Sorry about that. I had it in my .txt files locally, and didn't realize that I never posted it online.

For completeness, below are book examples using Focus Power that I've found.

Polymathes, Master of Illusion (Imaginem) (pg 77) Any MuIm spell up to 25.
Rok, the Storm Giant, Master of Fierce Winds (pg 87) any ReAu effect up to 25 that creates violent winds or hail
Lise (pg 89) Crafter of Earth, Ruler of Plants (2 different powers) No other details in description.
Pg 91, Forgotten Gods inherit Focus Power as the primary method to explain their abilities.
Men of the Lake (pg94), Memory of Water. Can only cast duration variants of a single InAq spell.
(pg102) Ghost Touch. ReTe effects ranging from Unseen Arm, Invisible Sling of Vilano, Blade of the Phantom Swordsman (from Net Grimoire)
(pg102) Manifestation. Either ReAn or ReHe to control animals/plants. Varies in duration and target (ind, part, group).

The Flora of Bulrush (pg104) is an interesting example, because it's the only Focus Power example for a creature with Might <25. At Might 5, it gets Master of Water, which is BOTH PeAq and MuAq spells (magnitude capped by might 5).

Zwergenstime Imago (pg105) is Might 15, same as Thera. His Master of Sound focus power allows him to duplicate any (Te)Im sound spell up to magnitude 15, +2 Init.

pg 107, Lugra have Mastery of (specific hardship), but no additional details are given.

From RoP: M
"The character has a magical power with a narrow range of effects, like the ability to cast spontaneous spells that are associated with a single type of magic. This power is like a magical focus, in that all of the possible effects have to be related to a specialty that is smaller than a single Hermetic Form."

=> It doesn't have to follow the Master/Crafter rules, these are just an example. Amul's Focus power is, IMO, quite fine, although I'd say "no" to the spike thingie (It doesn't feel too webby to me). And in case you doubted it before, I think you must know know that I'm a bitchy conservative :wink:

Are we talking politics or Ars rules? Is there a difference? :laughing:

Anyway, I just needed an idea of powers and limitations, I just felt like it was a limitless wellspring for a bag of tricks.

I may have made this encounter harder than I wanted it to be, too. It's what I get for throwing it together on the spur of the moment.

:laughing:
Oh, I mean for Ars!

Politics... I dunno. Of the 12 or so presidential candidates, I'd vote for 3 men.
One is from the left, the other is a centrist, and the last is from the right :laughing:

We have candidates already? But the next election isn't until 1227!

:laughing:

Lots of work, and, since I'm mostly posting from work, this means no game :frowning:

Doing what I can when out of work, which is, little.

So don't worry, the character is designed to be grumpy

I'll push action forward on your behalf in The Lost boys when amul shows back up.

:open_mouth: Okay, this just got (more) interesting.

I'm going to traveling this week so I'll be posting less from Thursday to Sunday.

If you can do a couple of responses in the Requested and Required thread, that'll be great, and then I can pull everyone back together at Mons Electi.

Out of town til monday.

Your way doesn't sound very sportsmanlike.

I'll put down my Parma, and you'll put down your rocks, and we'll try to kill each other like civilised magi?

Jacques has a Personality Trait of Questionable Ethics +2 ( pg 78 Lion ans Lilly), which lead me to have him have this spell.

The Torturer’s touch
PeCo 10
R: Touch, D: Diameter, T: Individual
This nasty spell inflicts intense pain on the target where touched. The target is unable to do anything but writhe and scream unless they make a Stamina roll of 9+, even so, all actions are at -3.
(Base 4, +1 Touch, +1 Diam)

IIRC, Thera's Pre -4 counts as a bonus for intimidation purposes, since its so low because she's terrifying.