1222.OOC

lulz. This made me think of Melanie.

slate.com/articles/sports/sp ... cats_.html

And a few hours later, I hear them talking about this event on 5Live:

snowdon2cardiff.co.uk
7 guys do 7 marathons in 7 days-- 183.5 miles in a week.

Insanity.

"I RAN TO CARDIFF, BITCH!" needs to be a thing.

I actually started working on lyrics to the Mélanie Rap a couple nights ago, but it was late and I forgot good chunks of it.

The hook was "I ran to Harco, bitch! What did you do today?"

Does this qualify for an I told you so? :laughing: :wink:

Brawl? Maybe not so much.

To quote Abe Lincoln: "I'll wrestle you for it." :smiley:

Arya's going to have a fit over that.

See, this is where I'm just clueless, I have no idea why Arya have an issue with this. I would think gathering info would be a good idea.

kibitz.. :smiley:

If I can refrain from stabbing my qcipher voodoo dolls every time Alexei, Sinmore, or Aodhan say "sodale" (sic) I think I can handle "kabitz" (sic).

Wait...kabitz is a real word...and I mispelled it?!

Funny thing is, in my gaming group I'm the spell gooder.

FTFY

Are you sure?
meltybuzz.fr/parlement-ukrai ... 09409.html

Now that's politics!

A reading recommendation: The Mongaliad by Neil Stevenson (and others). It is historic fiction that takes place around 1240. No magic but you will get a feeling of the Mongols and the people in Europe in that time.

I'm about 1/2 way though and it is pretty good.

Cool, and it's available on Kindle.

I'm going to let everyone know OOC what is happening with Jacques so you do not kill him out of hand IC. JL and I batted around Jacques being a double agent with the Lucius Flamebeau group. This is analogous to Snape with Lord Voldermort. Jacques is going to confide with Laetitia as to what he is doing. He will need training in mentum (Laetitia specialty) and intrigue but Lucius Voldermort will also want him to improve those skills so you guys do not catch him. He wants Alexis and Isen to react in a negative sense so to sell this better.

This is meant to be a long running plot so nothing rushed. He is not going to be trusted by Lucius and his group at first either.

Prepare to be mad at Jacques or at least grumpy with him for a while.

Ok, this is my RFP for stories. If you don't throw things out that you want to explore as your character, I'm going to start activating story flaws when I get back. The story flaws may or may not integrate into the existing saga arc, and may end up causing more trouble. :stuck_out_tongue:

There's a lot of work to be done over the next 5 years, so I'd like to see 20 seasons per character accounted for:
Princeps seasons (I'm taking Mad Max out, since he's been absent for two months since his last post). Give 10 xp for every season you do, experience should go to mostly social skills, possibly OoH and Code of Hermes, convince me of others, but have a backup for it.
Study
Tribunal planning and preparations
Lab work
Leave room for a story season. I don't care if you advance your character 19 seasons based on the above and I make your story happen 2 years from now. That's not a big consideration to me, in this case.

It will be nice to leave 1222 behind and get a fresh start with the future. My apologies if you feel your stories were cut short, I just had to move on and past the year.

Just out of curiosity, with Arya leaving, does anybody want to play/run Sheelagh, or is she going to be npc until whenever?

And ditto with Ulrich? He's staying in Phoenix for the next five years?

Don't even know who's sheelagh :frowning:

Isen can take ulrich, as already said. Wouldn't know what to do with the boy, yet would do his best and be very protective.

Isen would be vaguely interested by the creation of a strike team/organisation (as he thought of in Race to the Pennant), but, as this is veeeery touchy subject, probably illegal, and as this would require far more mundanities than he can bear, he'll probably pass, unless it interests you (would probably require too much time, too).

Interested in any seeker story, too.

He will try to raise his strength and cadre of spells, prepare for the inevitable confrontation with valerian. This ties to his seeker tendancies: Any lost secret of magic he'd find could give him an edge over our ennemies.
He'll also enquire about lucius strengths and weaknesses, including horoscope calculations. And there must be a way to secure an AC. He is seriously considering a Wizard's War against him.