1222.OOC

While it is true that the mere existence of naked boobies no longer creates an amul-shaped cloud where I was once standing, for some reason, on-screen boobies still hold an arousal factor which real-life boobies do not have. Unless I know I'm going to interact with said body parts, that is.

I didn't mean to disregard this for so long. Kinda got buried. Anyway, like I said via PM, you can do this how you want. She could have twins, have one baby in Autumn, before the ritual, and then another as she consumes/completes the Ritual. I'm entirely flexible on this. Whether or not they are Gifted is something that remains to be seen. And, you'll need a nanny and probably a wet nurse...

Then you've still got to post your most likely spells, totals, penetrations, aiming rolls, MRs, etc.

Again. I say list what you'd like. Im trying to make this easy on me, admit it. I don't want to find myself overlooking something, for example someone casting a Mentem spell without word or gestures. Yes, it's a cheap shot.

~checks the current phase of the moon~

Not mine. I'm always lazy about bookkeeping.

It'd be a totally different story if Metacreator ran on Mac, but coming up with all that shit is actual work. I'm a firm believer that work does not belong in play.

That said, the co-GM of my Star Wars d6 game incessantly teases me that she does my taxes for me. I am horrible at doing my taxes (last year I even got a letter from the IRS saying "we owe you more money than you thought we did, so here's a bigger refund than you were expecting! yay!) and she thinks it's hilarious that I want to bring back THAC0 but I can't successfully fill out a 1040EZ.

So help me be lazy. You've got your spells give me cs- level and were good. Note this is for ones you expect to use in combat. If I do this it will delay action. And so far I've only had one objection.

I'm at my most cranky in Monday since my renovation began. I'll admit it. Didn't help I had extra duty and dint get home until 8pm tonight and still had work to do tonight after nine.

Awesome sentence :laughing:

I've slept on this. I think this was all clear that this was going to be a combat oriented thread, before Laetitia volunteered. And it was certainly reinforced when Apollodorus outlined the mission. So, if Laetitia backs out, she is doing so in front of all the other magi present. I really do expect this to color everyone's expectations of Laetititia going forward. In fact, she asked for all the protections everyone else was receiving, asked for and received an AC to the location. So, to so suddenly and fickly change one's mind when another magi is possibly in mortal danger is going to have a huge stain on Laetitia's reputation. Further, you're the only one to object to providing what I asked for, and I'm not asking for too much more than copying and pasting info from your character sheet and putting some numbers down to flesh it out, and including Alexei's protections to your soak, which he's kindly detailed.

So, there's the choice, withdraw now, and jeapordize advancement within the covenant, or go ahead and do what everyone else has done. Also, Elain has been directed to keep a close eye on Apollodorus by Maris (she's the Exarch, not Goliard). He's going, and if you don't summarize his stats, he will be leaving your service, reporting what happened, and your access to Tremere resources will be restricted. You can then adopt a shield grog from the pool that jebrick has created. You'll also have a huge stain on your reputation, and will be further isolating yourself within your House, and across the entire Order, if not the covenant.
Point of fact, when you orignally volunteered Laetitia into this, I adjusted my plans to accomodate her, and she is key to finding Marcus.

I am the only one objecting. That's fine. I am also the only one without MetaCreator. These things are not unrelated.

It makes no sense for her to back out, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to build a spreadsheet to come up with every possible number that will never be relevant, and if hours of numbercrunching was going to be a requirement for participation, you needed to mention that up front.

No, you are not the only one without MetaCreator. Amul is on record as not having it.

If you think it won't be relevant, don't include it. I've given you instructions to that effect. And, from what I see, it's not hours of number crunching. You have much of what is necessary on your character sheets.

That is true, forget to consider that. Also, his armour prevents someone from grabbing someone with MR (or at any rate he needs to penetrate).

I also do not have MetaCreator.

You seem to be balking at the idea of including numbers which are not relevant for Laetitia's combat habits. I think you're misunderstanding JL's request. My understanding is that he wants the complete math breakdown for anything you are likely to do in combat. I am also assuming he requested this get done ahead of time so that we can all double check our numbers before they get used, though I may be making that assumption because this will be my first major PbP ArM combat.

For instance, thank you for posting your Soak math. I had completely forgot to include my Bronze Chord. Do we really need to take the untrained penalty for dodging? I can't find that reference.

Glancing at your sheet, I notice you have Invisible Sling of Vilano, and a fair number of points in Corpus. These guys are supposed to be corporeal undead, are there possibly some sponts in that area you might want to cast during combat?

Should we all post some relevant MRs?

She can't spont PeCo with any amount of Penetration, so no.

She isn't going out of combat orientedness. She wants to go because she's a bloody Gryffindor.

I actually have that already done, so it's not necessary

Again, I'm not familiar with the combat system enough to understand your concern (which is why Viscaria is going). Could you walk me through that decision? PeCo seems like a pretty straightforward attack. ReCo would be 24 + Sta 1 + Aura + die.

Are you assuming all are enemies will have MR? ~fumbles with the math some more~

I did this from work.

I took the numbers from Isen charsheet here, and had to search the (free) Lords of Men web supplement for a longsword's stats. Adn had to correct it, since I just discovered weapon skill didn't add to Init :blush:
Yes, it was boring, but it is very useful to Johnatan to have these handy.

Ah, good point, forgot it.

Dodging is based on brawl, IIRC. Surely, you have at least one point in it?

Yep, dodging uses "Brawl." And I think they dumped the untrained-use penalty when they invented 5e...the only penalty (as best I can tell) with using an un-asterisked ability with no experience points in it is that it's a score of 0, with three extra botch dice. (which means, technically, that when you roll a 0 when trying an untrained skill, you should be rolling four botch dice instead of three?)

Penetration doesn't apply to Sling.

Also, this is a technicality, but I just realized that all these pouches of stones technically require a higher Base to affect with ReTe. Though, since it's mostly just for color, and doesn't affect damage at all, it shouldn't be an issue.

Edit: Nevermind, the guidelines in HoH:S specifically say "hurls a stone."

I added the Mastery to the Invisible Sling of Vilano figure, but I think I forgot to double up the Mastery on the Demon's Eternal Oblivion. I'll fix it right quick...instead of 13,should be 15.

and how geeky are we that (1) you would describe the size of the stones as d20s, and (2) that I would know exactly how big you meant :laughing: