1223.1: A Curious Occurance (Caiomhe)

"This is a rather simple illusion." Talia refers to her clothing. "It's only possible because I can create things really easily, but I couldn't create an illusion so vast as you suggest. I have heard of faeries putting a glamour on people. Did you get Robin upset?"

"He had nothing to do with this! Nothing was different until after I returned!" she retorts. "And it wasn't any illusion, I walked right through where that building was supposed to be! I'll show you, Drystan, and you can see through her deceit and tell me how she punched a hole in reality."

"That's impossible," Drystan says. "There's not any way to make the entire structure disappear and then make it come back again. Even if you used a spell to change the appearance or destroy its sensation of touch, it would still be there and you would have run into it.

"Even if it were a glamour, it would still be indescribably powerful, and if Robin were behind it for whatever reason, he would have had to have a lot of faeries in the circle to cast it for him.

"Let's go to Eilean Chon to see if we can figure out just what happened."

He leads the ladies to the Eilean Chon bridge-post and summons the bridge, walking across it with them to the island.

"Tell us exactly what happened," he says to Caoimhe.

Caoimhe will do her best to try and retrace her steps exactly.

Caiomhe slips into her sealskin and hits the water. She heads out into the loch, just past the pier, checks her bearings, and comes in with the sun directly at her back (so it's Sun --- Caoimhe --- center of the island, in a straight line). As she flops out of the water, she disappears.

Caiomhe, when you come out of the water onto the island, it's just like it was earlier – the building is gone, with no trace that it ever existed.

If she turns around and goes back into the water, she reappears as soon as she hits the water.

"Hah! That's fantastic!" Caoimhe shouts. "It's not you at all, Talia, it's me! I'm the magical one! I've got my own disappearing-and-reappearing magical island!" She slips back into the uninhabited island, dances around on it naked for a few minutes, then realizes it's totally boring, and goes back out into the real world.

"Sorry I threatened to have you committed to a nunnery," she calls to Talia, in an offhand voice.

Talia looks at Caoimhe, "Whatever." Turning to Drystan, "Is that a regio boundary? I'm not familiar with them personally. My master mentioned them once, but I really don't know about them."

"It certainly looks that way to me. Let me go get Eilid, she knows the most about magic than anyone I know. If you will excuse me?"

He leaves the conventional way. About ten minutes after he leaves, Eilid appears next to and slightly behind Caiomhe.

"Drystan tells me you've found something extremely interesting," she says.

((Since Caiomhe's name is on this story, I'm going to duck out here, if necessary she can bring me back later on.))

"This is really interesting, but I think I need to get back to my studies. I've been distracted from them for long enough today, and will likely take a couple of weeks to finally get caught back up. Sal was in rare form today." The last she says matter of factly and then just walks back to her ship. When she climbs aboard everyone can hear her call out, "Not tonight boys, Talia's gotta hit the books. Don't like it, blame Sal." At which she gives a hearty and sultry chuckle.

"I am the queen of my own magically hidden island," Caoimhe confirms. "Only seals allowed."

She puts on her skin, then swims out and into the regio.

((Does she spend much time on her very own island, or does she come right back out?))

Not really. She just jumps up onto the island, turns to see if anyone followed her, sighs out of boredom, and goes back out.

"Can you swim in your human form, or just as a seal?"

If Caiomhe can swim as a human, Eilid will ask her to swim out a little bit, turn around, and come back just as she had in seal form.

"It's bad luck for a sailor to know how to swim," she explains. "But I make my own luck."

She'll then do as asked.

Caiomhe has no problem swimming in and out of the regio. After Caiomhe does a couple of times, Eilid then slowly walks on the water out about ten or fifteen yards, turns around, and walks back, disappearing as she steps onto the shore. After a moment, she reappears, walks a few yards to the side, and steps onto the shore.

"Interesting," she says. She then rises into the air, floats out over the water, and floats back, once more disappearing as she passes over the shoreline, then reappears.

She drifts a few feet to one side, then alights on the shore next to Caiomhe. "It appears that it doesn't matter if you come by water or not, it's the direction that matters."

Talia wakes up in the middle of the night, feeling just a tad queezy. Boy, that was a weird dream, she thinks. She's not sure what was in the stew she had for dinner the night before, but she's thinking it's probably going to be a while before she has it again.

((In other words, this whole thread didn't happen. It was all a dream brought on by indigestion, and there is no regio.))

burp
Talia thinks to herself, staying on this lake is sure making me have funny dreams. She then wakes up whomever is sharing her bed that night (it isn't Sal, maybe it's a newbie) and forgets all about the dream shortly.

((I know Dallas is making a comeback, but Talia is nothing like Pam Ewing. :laughing: ))