1223-1226 In the Living Years

While at Durenmar, Fiona will try to ask around (maybe starting with the librarian) to see if she can find someone to take this assignment for her. Or at least write to Viscaria to cement a deal.

Com 2 + either Bargain or Charm 3 (both are the same score) + die roll of 4 = 9.

I'm pretty sure that JL said this sort of thing doesn't actually happen. Might be interesting to see how it gets roleplayed out, all the same.

Isen looks at the tapestry, then fiona.
Nice.

After a moment or two of fiddling with her giant-sized robes, Blanche shakes her head and mutters, [color=blue]"This will never do" in Gaelic.

She looks at Alexei and makes a "turn around/don't look" gesture. Once he's turned around, she wraps the robe around her sideways, like a large bath towel.

[color=blue]"I suppose I should go back home and get some decent-fitting clothes, then."

She makes her way back to the regio entrance and stops there, with a puzzled look on her face. [color=blue]"I know there's some trick to this," she mutters. [color=blue]"How did it go again? Turn in a circle three times?" ((I believe that's how it goes.))

She passes through the regio and walks slowly toward Fiona's cottage, looking around and taking everything in as though it were new to her.

((p.s. this is a good spot for anyone who wants to, to jump in.))

[color=blue]"Thank you, I'm glad you like it."

Alexei will later on knock on "Blanche's" door with a young maid and some clothes that would likely fit her, uncertain of how long this 'fit' she's in may last. But he'd like her to have her own chamber maid for at least a Moon to serve her needs and to report to Alexei of any issues that may arise. With any luck the spell (or Twilight, Alexei has no way of knowing) will end soon. In the meanwhile Alexei will not do anything that could be considered scrying on her, just have mundane resources available should she need them.

Moire is, needless to say, quite confused by what's going on when this strange woman shows up and claims that this is her cottage. Moire's clothes almost fit Blanche (Moire is 4'11", 145 pounds; Blanche is 5'2" and about 115 pounds). But if Alexei wants to have someone keep an eye on this...whoever this is, that's fine with her.

Not sure what Sheelagh thinks of this, seeing as how this was supposed to be Fiona's season of teaching :smiley:

Blanche doesn't know what she's supposed to do. She does know she wants to have fun, so she'll go out to the local pub/tavern, wherever the locals hang out at the end of the day, and carouse. Of course, she doesn't remember how to do the Parma, and she has the Gift to deal with, so....shrug

He eyes Fiona
By the way. You have grown some more, haven't you?
a slight pause
This is great. I must say, you look even better than before. We just need to have you in the finest clothes possible, and you will be perfect as our representative.

((answered in the Blacksmith thread, because that's where it feels like it belongs.))

After the meeting, Fiona approaches Isen. [color=blue]"Is there somewhere we can speak in private, sodalis?"

Once they find a place and settle down, Fiona leans forward. [color=blue]"When I first went to Magic, the Blacksmith told me that Silviatos had passed through some time before...figuring the time dilation effect and when he was last seen here, it would have been...three or four months, as it passes there. The Blacksmith gave me Silviatos's notes and a lab, which became a mirror of mine as I slept. Silviatos's notes were not about my problem specifically, but rather his own attempt to reforge himself, to rid himself of the neccessity to study in the presence of exemplars of the appropriate Art in exchange for some other limitation of his magic. But I was able to analyze his notes and extrapolate his efforts to apply to my own deficiency.

"It also entails consuming a quantity of vis that is found within your body. It wasn't a painful process for me, and while my magic is still flawed, to a degree, I find that I am more than happy with the results of my reforging.

"I can't guarantee that the Blacksmith will help, but I would be more than surprised if he didn't."

Fiona leans back and waits for Isen's reaction and any questions he may have.

((No takers? Ah well.))

Let's see. Winter solstice was 14 December. Two or three days after that is, say, December 17. Next New Moon is 20 December, Full is 4 January 1227 (at 09:24). So, her Moon duration spell/Botch aftermath is 18 days (or, more relevantly, 18 nights).

She's going to be basically a party girl, going out to wherever the guys are, see who she can pick up and take back to her cottage for stuff. I'm thinking Charm is the more relevant skill than Carouse. So, it would be Com 2 + Charm 3 – effects of the Gift 3 = 2 + die roll, 18 times.

18 die rolls yield 3 0s (on nights 3, 7, and 11) and 2 1s (on nights 4 and 8 ). Other than that, there are totals of 5, 3 6s, 4 9s, 2 10s, and 3 11s. The three 0s yield no botches (so, totals of 2), while the 1s have a 3 and a 5 on the follow-ups, for scores of 8 and 12.

So, in descending order: 12, 11, 11, 11, 10, 10, 9, 9, 9, 9, 8, 6, 6, 6, 5, 2, 2, and 2.

Don't know what Paul and Sheelagh are going to do when she brings these guys home, since she tends to be kinda noisy. I'm sure they'll cope :smiley:

Isen flinches when Fiona talks about consuming vis. This sure seems like the kind of thing that would ensure warping. Yet, one must do what one must do.

I thank you, sodales.

Although I sure hope it'll go as smoothly as it did for you, this is becoming more important than my own comfort and safety. I don't have your charm or your charisma, nor do I like my fellows company much, so I could never shoulder your duties. But I can fight, for you, for my sodales, and for the people here.
I could do finely so long as it was only me and my ennemies, but now, I have a covenant to protect, and can't just think of my own safety, my own victories.

This blacksmith... Will you present him to me? I don't even know how you manage to go from here to... there. But if he can help me, I must see him. I must try.

[color=blue]"It's not as bad as it sounds," Fiona says gently. [color=blue]"And I'm not sure that 'consuming' is the right word, since I didn't literally eat it. But it's more like how you consume vis when you're enchanting an item, in a way. And, granted it's only been a year or so, but I haven't felt Twilight approaching any faster than it would normally."

[color=blue]"That is so sweet, Isen," Fiona says with a smile, then leans over to give him a kiss on the cheek.

[color=blue]"I suspect that several of us will be going there to talk to or retrieve the Flambeaux we rescued, and to go after Marcus. I'll be sure to introduce you to him when we do, regardless."

Isen looks surprised for a moment, then lets out a soft laugh
No, not at all. Just doing what I'm good at. Being our figurehead? Now that is frightening!

And I thank you for that.

The first time blanche enters the cottage, she'll find Sheelagh on her way.

O_O Who are you? What are you doing here???? Do you even know whose home is this? Get out, before you are changed into a toad!!

Blanche looks up at this young woman who towers over her, standing half again as tall as she does, and tries desperately not to be intimidated.

[color=blue]"My name is Blanche, and this is my home! Who the Ifrinn* are you?!?"

• Ifrinn: Scottish Gaelic for Hell.

(Should I have her speak in pseudo-shakespearian english? :laughing: )

Sheelagh is taken aback by Blanche's answer. What is she saying? She must be drunk. Strange, though, she never saw her before. Must be a wench brought by one of the guards.

Look, lady, I get it. Look around you. You are not at home!
She swells her chest with pride
You're in the cottage of the mighty Fiona Ex Miscellanea, from the old and frightening Daughters of Circe Lineage. And I am her apprentice, brought here to le... but... You understand me!!! You're from scotland too? Oh, well, fiona will be delighted to speak with you, but you must go out now, really.

[color=blue]"Preposterous! If this weren't my home, how would I have known how to get here by myself? You think I just go through random doors and say 'This is nice, I think I'll live here now'?"

Blanche does look around, then gets a slightly puzzled look on her face. [color=blue]"Why are there two oversized chairs at the table? Is there another one like you?"

She looks at Sheelagh again. [color=blue]"I can prove this is my home!" She then zips around Sheelagh and goes straight to the wardrobe in Fiona's bedroom, throwing the doors open.

[color=blue]"See? These...are...my....clothes?" She pulls a dress out and holds it up, but looks crestfallen when she realizes that the dress is very much larger than she is. She throws the dress onto the bed and pulls out a couple other garments, looking more frustrated as she does.

[color=blue]"I don't get it! Where are my clothes?"

Sheelagh was mellowing by the realization that Blanche was a fellow scotish, but her... her... behaviour, it is so infuriating!!!

How DARE you??? These are mistress Fiona's clothes, you have no right to touch them! Get out!!

And with that, she seizes Blanches, and tries to get her out of the room
Dex -1, Brawl 3, die 1d10=6 = 8.

((Qui -1 + Brawl 0 + die roll of 9 = 8 ))

Blanche just barely manages to elude Sheelagh's grasp, but in the struggle the giant robe that she had wrapped around her like a blanket comes undone, leaving Blanche revealed in all her glory.

[color=blue]"Don't hit me, you big galoot!" Blanche yells as she dances away. [color=blue]"And don't tell me this isn't my home. This is my...at least I think this is my home. It looks, feels like mine. There's my loom, my yarn is in the chest behind the bench, my still's in the next room, and there should be four barrels aging in the basement!"