1223-1226 In the Living Years

Sheelagh is taken aback by Blanche's words.

Galoot??? You... Harpy!!!*
And she rushes at Blanche in fury, trying to tackle her
Dex -1, Brawl 3, 1d10=3 = 5

• Oversensitive about her size + bully, bad combo :laughing:

Blanche will Dodge this round: Qik -1 + Brawl 0 + Weapon Mod 0 + die roll of 4 = 3. Sheelagh has an Attack Advantage of 2, Str +1 and (assuming fist) Dam Mod of 0 = 3. Fiona has Sta 3, no armor, for a Soak of 3, so takes no damage.

Blanche's Initiative for the melee is Qui -1 + Weapon Mod* 0 – Enc 0 + die roll of 2 = 1.

Sheelagh is half again as big as Blanche is, so she doubts she can outrun her. So she will try to defend herself with punches, while screaming for help, that "the giant is going to kill me!" in Latin.

Round 2, her attack is Dex 0 + WIM 0 – Encumbrance 0 + (die rolls of 1 and 6) 12 = 12. Her Defense roll is -1 + 6 = 5.

Because some things are universal truths, someone, somewhere perks an ear up and then screams in delight.

"CAT FIGHT!!!!!"

Onlookers quickly assemble....

((It doesn't hurt that one of them is buck naked and hawt.))

Serf's Parma, but sheelagh was acting as a child and out of anger, trying to tackle Blanche, but not to actually fight "to kill". So IIRC, she would do no damage anyway, but yes, grapple, and catfight in spades...

So, what do we make of it? If no one stops them, it is probable sheelagh will manage to put Blanche out of the house :-/ *

(Too bad, blanche could have intrigued and mellowed her, if not for the Oversensitive bit)

Blanche, in her subconscious, wouldn't have wanted to really hurt Sheelagh either, so she would have been doing subdual damage also.

Let me look at the numbers and....yikes! Yeah, Sheelagh will pretty much totally own Fiona in a fight. She'll do (on average) a Light Wound/Fatigue Level a turn, while Fiona would have to out-roll Sheelagh by 6 or 7 to do any damage. So, yeah, Fiona would be KTFO in about half a minute.

Which leaves Sheelagh with an unconscious, naked stranger in the garden, in the regio, who had been talking funny and trying to take over Fiona's cottage for some reason?

Naw, there's a crowd of off duty grogs trying to peer in through the window by now. Some of the Astingani guys are probably making lewd invitations.

Oh, right, they hadn't left the room yet. So, they're fighting in Fiona's bedroom, with that (literally) giant-sized bed in there. Could be awkward :smiley: .

((So, Sheelagh has an unconscious naked hot woman in Fiona's bedroom, then. Let the shipping commence!))

Well, Sheelagh is a child, a bully, and fights like one, so she'll just throw out blanche out of the cottage, not render her unconscious. And she'll throw her garments right afterwards

Here! This'll teach you not to take Mistress Fiona's stuff! And to speak kindly to people. I was happy that you're gaelic, we coud have been best friends, but you're just a mean, stupid liar!

((The only garment Blanch had was Fiona's robe that she was using as a blanket.))

Blanche sits there naked in the cold, with the robe just out of arm's reach, feeling lost, confused, wondering what's going on, why nothing is the way it should be, and trying not to cry. After a couple of minutes, she stretches and retrieves the robe, draping it around her and tucking it under her to keep her tushie off the ground, and is probably still sitting there when whoever (Alexei?) shows up.

Rashid walks past with his basket of silkworm cocoons, and sees the crying woman. He pulls off his own silk cloak and drapes it around her shoulders. He says something flowing and beautiful in Arabic, and encourages the strange woman to follow him.

Blanche takes the cloak gratefully, and gets to her feet. [color=blue]"I'm sorry, I don't understand," she replies to his flowering Arabic in Latin. [color=blue]"Do you speak Latin?"

She does go with him, not really knowing what else to do.

[color=brown]"Yes, I speak Latin. A very modest amount. You look sad. Come, I will make you some tea."

[color=blue]"Do you speak Gaelic? Or French?" she asks.

[color=blue]"Thank you, that would be appreciated. My name is Blanche, by the way." She adjusts the blanket/robe around her as she walks, trying to get it to where it will stay up.

[color=brown]"French? Yes. I can say...Oui. I can say, How much for these tomatoes? They look delicious and I can say I would not pay half that price for such shoddy merchandise, my starving wife would kill me. What more does a man need to know to say?

((Italics are in French. The rest is in Latin. Latin 3(commerce). I just checked, and this is happening in 1225.4, so that's....French 5 (commerce). Which means he sounds quite fluent in the Italics, and is clearly trying to make her smile.))

When she stands, he adjusts the silk cloak around her, fussing like a father. It is, she can easily note, an Excellent Quality Cloak, made up the mystically patterned vis-source silks (after they've been drained of vis), making her looking quite the sorceress.

[color=blue]"That all depends on how much talking the man plans on doing, doesn't it?" Blanche replies.

((Close. It's winter of 1226.))

If the cloak fits well enough, she will discard the robe that she had wrapped around her (which, Rashid may note, is incredibly large, white, and has designs of leaves and cauldrons woven into the linen. May look familiar).

If there's a mirror that she will be seeing herself in after he gets her adjusted, she will stand there for a moment, looking at her reflection with growing confusion on her face. [color=blue]"That's...not right," she whispers to herself.

There is a mirror there. There's also a rather fantastically designed loom that clearly looks like a prototype in the developmental stage.

As it is Winter, the shop is busy. ((OOC: If it's winter, the Rashid doesn't have a basket of coccoons, he was running some other errand)) Gennon des Vers and Hermessent, and a third (as yet unidentified) person are working there. From Fiona's knowledge of weaving, she can tell that they are working with a material she has never seen before.

[color=blue]"That's...have you done something different with the loom?" Blanche asks as she reaches for, but doesn't touch, the prototype. She looks around at what everyone's doing, soaking it in, looking like she has a clue.

[color=blue]"What are you all working with?" (She starts off speaking Latin, unless she hears everyone else speak French or they don't understand her, in which case she will switch to French and start again.)

[color=brown]"A kind of egg shell. Unprocessed, we call it a cocoon. When we are done, it becomes silk. You see these husks here? So tiny. Left behind by butterflies have they have eaten the worms of the mulberry tree. You see, about the size of my thumb, yet to unwind a single cocoon takes a man more than a month. Yet, it is so thin that this amounts to very little cloth."

Excited to have someone who takes a keen interest, he begins pointing out his little inventions. [color=brown]"Over here, we have collected the spider web. A different creature, yes, and quite different from the cocoon. Yet the material, once woven....you see? Ah, yes, I see you do. To collect the webbing, it is quite a difficult process, for the song of the spider is not to be heard. But with this....it is much easier! And it does not tangle, much less brushing."

[color=brown]"The loom! Yes, it is a notion I have had, but it works....how do you say? Not well. Badly. Like the thing that comes out of a stubborn mule when you kick it. This idea, do you see? Neither warp nor weft, yet both at the same time! So simple."

((Rashid has inadvertently invented the takadai, which is notably different in that it creates a braided cloth, not a woven one. As a result, it will be much less prone to unraveling.))

Blanche's brows furrow as she listens intently. [color=blue]"That...sounds vaguely familiar," she says absently.

[color=blue]"That is interesting. Do you mind if I try my hand at it for a few minutes, see how it feels different than my loom?"

(As Blanche follows Rashid around the room, listening to him speak, she leans in very close to him, brushing against him not quite absently. And when she first saw his mutilated face, she didn't show any signs of repulsion that he may be used to ((Com 2 + Guile (hide true feelings) 3 + die roll of 6 = 11)). In fact, when they're talking, she looks him directly in the eyes with a smile...and lets her eyes roam over him when she thinks he's not looking.)