1223-1226 In the Living Years

((Sorry I only just now got a chance to look at this thread and the recent turn of events))

"Monsieur Gaston!" Alexei says sharply, noticing the lack of discipline on his task at hand. 'Who is that woman?' he thinks, he couldn't quite place her...

"Perhaps you'd care to explain yourself?"

With a start, Gaston jumps away from the woman's touch. "Seigneur! I, ah, this gentle lady requested our hospitality," he says quickly, looking around in all directions to see if Eloise had happened by. "I present to you Blanche. Not our own Blanche, of course, as you can see from the, uhmm, c'est ça."

Gaston's brow furrows as he looks again at the provocative stranger, suddenly suspicious of her appearance without understanding why. Even her rapid acquiescence to his charm, usually completely understandable, rang a little false this time. Letting Alexei take charge of the situation for now, he kept a pace's distance between him and the woman, although his eyes did not.

[color=blue]"I do believe we've met," Blanche says in French as she offers Alexei her hand with a smile, [color=blue]"but under vastly different circumstances."

Alexei gives a little wave to Gaston with his left hand 'You are dismissed' and then takes Blache's hand and kisses it.

"Alexei Von Kroitsau...Mademoiselle Blanche? How did we meet? I know this is not the first time?" he studies her face, though not in such a way to be too unseemly. "And how can I be of assistance?"

((Wow, that was kind of mean on my part, I shouldn't be just dismissing a grog that's part of the story. I'm going to ammend that))

Alexei gives a little wave to Gaston with his left hand 'Step aside' and then takes Blache's hand and kisses it.

((Dang...-2 Per and no Awareness?))

[color=blue]"When last we met, magus, I was...a little larger than I am today," she says in French.

[color=blue]"My apologies, Alexei," she says softly in Latin, with a hint of a Scottish accent, [color=blue]"I had no intention of getting Monsieur Gaston in trouble." She glances at the grog again and gives him a smile.

[color=blue]"I was simply testing a theory of mine, and it seems to have gone much better than I thought. Unfortunately. I assure you that I will return him to you intact." She grins at Alexei.

((Yeah...and the guy that runs him tends to be a bit clueless. I'm running a complete blank here.))

((facepalm White hair...Scottish accent...a little larger? Ah well. If Alexei is clueless, he's clueless. :stuck_out_tongue: Might be fun if he did think that this snowy-haired vixen were to so easily infiltrate his defences, without it being an "inside job."))

((Well I'm thinking Fiona obviously, but has her face changed? Smaller is one thing, but does she look completely different?))

Context...
Recognition is so much about context... Alexei is used to seeing Fiona as a +2 sized woman with fiery red hair and now she's normal sized with snow-white hair... Although that should have been a hint, since her sigil turns things white. :smiley:

Shifting out of Alexei's way, Gaston feels like a rooster that just saw the gate to the henhouse closed. He had trouble following the next bit of conversation, even while it remained in a proper language. A little larger ... did she lose weight ... wait - was she pregnant?! he gasped in his own mind, eyes widening upon Alexei. Our perfumed braggart seems to have done well for himself on this score....

As the Latin starts, Gaston decides to retrieve his throwing axe from the training post. At the sound of his name from the lady's lips, he catches her smile out of the corner of his eye, and reflexively smiles back. "What is your game, little vixen?" he murmurs to himself.

Alexei quirks his head as the gears start to grind in his brain. So familiar, perhaps she was related...

"Madame, I...you look so very familiar, perhaps a relative of someone here?" what did she mean by larger? Was she with child when he'd seen her before? It was the accent that finally cleared the fog from his recognition. "...Fiona?" he finally asks tentatively.

"Blanche" nods. [color=blue]"Yes, my friend. I hope you can forgive me. As I said, I had no intention of disrupting your turb's training. My intent was to come, watch, see if any struck my fancy. And to see if anyone would be interested in me, for a change." Her smile falters for just a second but quickly returns to her lips...but not her eyes.

[color=blue]"Honestly, I did not think it would be so easy to find someone to scratch my itches. And to think: all it took was for me to not be so huge, and to look as I did at my gauntlet."

She turns to look at Gaston some more. He is rather handsome, she thinks. He's in the turb, so he must be in good shape. I hope he doesn't run screaming into the night when he sees what I truly am. She stands a little straighter and adjusts her dress casually.

[color=blue]"If you would, do not give me away just yet," she finally says after a few silent moments. [color=blue]"I want to...well, I'd rather not scare him off."

Alexei actually blushes at the so forward explanation and has to take a step back. He's caught midway between laughter and propriety, but in the end it is the Order of Hermes that holds sway*.

Bowing apolegitically he hastily adds. "My pardon mademoiselle. Please feel free to..." he pauses and can't help but add mischievously "inspect the men." he leans in. "Just take one not on guard duty."

*Alexei is a bit of a prude in some ways, but he knows (or rather can't be sure) that interfering with a Magus's desires is never a good idea, nor done without good reason. For all he knows he could be interfering with her magic in some way.

[color=blue]"My dear Alexei," she says, [color=blue]"I do believe I've embarrassed you. Surely you have needs, just the same as anyone else?"

Blanche looks over at Gaston again, still smiling. [color=blue]"If I'm not mistaken, Gaston is not currently on guard duty. When is his next shift? I'll be sure to have him back by then."

She then leans in and gives Alexei a quick peck on the cheek. [color=blue]"Thank you."

She sashays over to Gaston. [color=blue]"My apologies, Gaston," she says. [color=blue]"Alexei and I have known each other for years, but it's been long enough since he's seen me that he didn't recognize me at first. He's a sweet man, but a bit of a prude."

She gazes at Gaston. [color=blue]"What shall we do next?" she almost purrs.

Alexei blushes even further and murmurs under his breath. "A cold swim and spear polishing are usually enough..." and leaves Fiona/Blanche to her needs.

Gaston eyes her warily (but thoroughly). Could she be trying to cause trouble with Eloise somehow? "I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage, my lady: I know little of you save your name. Tell me of yourself - where are you from?" He noticed that his arm, at some point while he was chewing over his suspicions, had entwined itself back around Blanche's.

This is why I don't try to bed muggles very often, she thinks. Cursed gift.

Blanche purses her lips thoughtfully. [color=blue]"Fair enough. I am originally from Scotland, but I now make my home not too far from here."

She starts to caress Gaston's arm as she leans against him. [color=blue]"But words weary me. There are much better things we could be doing with our mouths, n'est-ce pas?"

She glances quickly up at the sun, then slips an arm around his waist, resting her head on his shoulder as they walk.

((Nice bit about the sun :slight_smile: and OOC: is this scene taking place within the covenant/Aegis boundaries? More relevantly: should Gaston be worried about bringing a stranger inside their home, or were they already inside when the encounter started?))

Gaston has barely heard of Scotland, but Blanche's body feels good leaning against his right side, so it's probably okay. He segues smoothly into a recounting of a couple of his more exciting travels, emphasizing tales where his physical prowess was central; he's not really listening to himself all that much, so it's unimportant whether she is either, as long as she keeps smiling.

He looks up and sees the outskirts of the sheep fields, with the woolworkers' huts on the near side, coming into view ahead of them. "Ahem, actually, my lovely lady, there's a much better view in this other direction - and perhaps fewer interruptions to our wonderful conversation...." Gaston steers the pair away from the huts, rationalizing to himself, She seems like the kind of person who would make trouble with Eloise; better not give her the chance.

((I'm under the impression that the training fields and what not are within the Aegis boundaries, so he should be good there.))

Blanche has been listening raptly to his tales, complimenting his prowess and basically buttering him up/feeding his ego, continuing to hold and stroke his arm while making little happy noises.

She smiles as she runs her eyes up and down his body. [color=blue]"The view so far has been quite nice. Cannot wait for it to get better. And the fewer interruptions the better." She goes where he leads.