1223.2 Whatever happened to Mr. Walid?

Alexei is more than a bit dumbfounded at the revelation, he didn't realize many others outside of his Covenant knew. In a way that gave him hope; there were others that knew of the conspiracy.

"I...well this is a mixed bag of news. I'm sorry to hear that you are under siege like this, but it is heartening to know that Mons Electi is not alone. Know that you will always have my assistance in this matter sodale. I would love to send my own message back to Valerian and his nest of vipers, but have been tilting at smoke and shadows. We shall talk of how this can be arranged, how you can let me know when you are under attack and gain my help on short notice." Alexei cautiously peers over the side of the carpet, trying not to be sicovered but to see if there are any on the ground.

"We are not under siege, as in under attack. We are being observed, that is all." The pair fall into silence, and Elizabeth looks quietly ahead. It appears she is operating the carpet while Ra'am and Alexei are talking. After several hours, the sun sets and the air gets cold. As the moon rises, they can see that they are over water, over the ocean to be specific. Food and blankets are passed out.

Ulrich listens intently to the conversation. Some of it is new (I think), but he has picked up enough in his time at Phoenix and at Mons Electi that he has a good feel for what they're talking about.

He eats quickly and then curls up on the carpet, pulling the blanket up over him. [color=green]"God, I wish Rose were here to keep me warm," he almost whispers.

[color=green]"Good night, dominus. Good night, Elizabeth. Good night, magus Alexei."

"Observed." Alexei says. "Sounds like scrying to me...sounds like a wizard's seige. My offer stands, if there is trouble we should arrange a system that you can get word to us. The Milites have an effective system we might try a version of." he accepts the blanket and wraps up in it. "Good night Ulrich." Alexei does not go to sleep yet, keeping a wary eye out. Plus he had never really flown in such a method before, it was worth savoring.

"I can assure you that they are not scrying. Should they be discovered for doing something like that, we would prosecute, immediately and forcefully. But I've seen Valerian come by far too often for one who should have duties in Normandy. In any event, I expect his frequent visits have more to do with my relationship to Tria and her relationship to Apollodorus. When Maris told us of his passing and who he really was, things began to make some sense. Apollodorus had been suspected for a long time. Valerian likely sought to score points within his House and advance himself in internal House politics, but his result was less than optimal."

Alexei can sense that they are moving quite fast, faster than a horse can easily gallop for a long distance, but he doesn't have the sense of wind rushing directly past his face.

((At the primary player's discretion I can advance the story, unless he wants to get into a deep discussion of the geopolitical impact of the Crusades...))

((Nope, go right ahead.))

The next few days pass on agonizingly slowly, being stuck sitting or laying on the carpet makes everyone's muscles stiff. Standing upright doesn't seem to be too safe. During the day, Ra'am conjures a cloud to follow along shadowing the passengers on the carpet. On the third day they begin to travel over land again.
"Landing might be problematic." Ra'am says eventually. "I haven't had time to test out the carpet."

Ulrich's eyes grow wide at this revelation and he looks at the others nervously before he examines the rug. ((Is it wool, or some plant fiber like cotton or hemp? He will spont a quick InHe if he has to, with Deft Form. Sta 2 + In 7 + He 12 = 21 + Aura, halved, vs. a spell level of 2 (Base 1, R: Touch, D: Momentary, T: Individual). Might as well make it non-fatiguing, what the hay.))

InHe gets nothing, it's not plant made.

Alexei would offer plenty of conversation on tactics and what he'd like to do with Valerian the next chance he gets. Since he's travelling with a Bonisagus he'd also want to engage in some Magical Theory discussions ((Alexei is not as smart as other Magi, but he has a pretty decent Magic Theory)). His topic would be the possibility of using a map as an Arcane Connection so one could teleport to a place represented on the map, and why that would or would not work (assuming Ra'am would be up for such a discussion).

As they near and Ra'am mentions the landing Alexei's eyes widen. "Uh..." he says as he looks over the side, trying to find a soft place to either land or if necessary teleport to.

"How good are you at throwing things with magic, Alexei. Spells like Invisible Sling of Vilano? I believe your House considers that the school of Ramius, no?"

Ra'am points up ahead at a large manor house in Norman style, "That's our destination, Le Maison d'Levrier."

If Ra'am doesn't want to, Ulrich will discuss Magic Theory (4) with Alexei, although it's quickly apparent that one of his favorite things is Herbam.

[color=green]"Unfortunately, the rug isn't Herbam...maybe wool or something...so I'm not going to be much help getting it down safely."

Alexei looks a little embarassed. "Mmmm...not exactly, though it does have applications. Ramius is about combat up close rather than flinging things from afar, which can be very effective. As for me...I don't know the spell and have poor eyesight."

((Close enough, he's not about to reveal that his magic doesn't really extend past his touch))

Ra'am will go on at length on Magic Theory, so much so that if this started early in the trip (and SG fiat is working here, so it did) that everyone gets 1 xp in MT.
Ra'am's focus is on Creo and he's interested in breaking the Limit of Creation after he finalizes his research on a longevity ritual that doesn't cause sterility. Ra'am's effective MT at this time is not too far from 13 (23 experience points, to be precise). "Thanks for the discussion on Magic Theory. It has been illuminating, and I'll hope to add any insights into my work at the earliest opportunity."

"Ahh, well, I don't follow the Flambeau too much, though we have two Flambeau in the covenant, the details of their internal politics escapes me. It's probably much like the Colentes Arcanorum or the Tenentes Occultorum has little meaning to those outside House Bonisagus. I haven't been called to service as a Colens, yet, but I expect that is coming for me. We shall see at Grand Tribunal. I've been told by Jamie that I'll likely be accepted as a delegate from Iberia by acclimation, and it's said that Bonisagus who appear at Grand Tribunal are invariably selected as part of the Colentes Arcanorum. Of course, I suspect that this is a result of my fellow Housemates choosing to avoid the politics of the Grand Tribunal and also avoid having to give up time from their research."

Ulrich looks at Ra'am at the bit about him maybe becoming Colentes Arcanorum (with an OoH lore of 0(1), does he know what that is?), but he can tell that Ra'am doesn't want to talk a lot about it in front of the outsider, so he makes a mental note to bring it up later. Assuming they survive the landing.

Ra'am doesn't seem unwilling to talk about so much as unwilling to boor (Freudian slip?) Alexei with the details.
Ulrich rolled a total of a 5, but I'm going to call the difficulty of this Simple, since Ra'am is probably indoctrinating him into Bonisagus ways. With Ra'ams teaching about the Code of Hermes, I'm sure that it came up as one of the responsibilities or powers of the Colentes Arcarnorum is the ability to select a new Primus.

Alexei is as impressed as he expected to be in having such a detailed discussion on Magic Theory with an older Bonisagi. At the mention of the various groupings within his House he gets a bit lost, but assumes they are divided up into tasks, which makes sense. "Well, good luck then, if that should suit your goals. The politics of the Flambeau..." Alexei smiles wistfully. "You can see a good representation at it in a drinking house after work I suppose. It can get lively and rude at times." he sighs. "It used to at any rate. Perhaps when I was younger. Since joining the Milites I find myself sometimes apologizing for the actions of my House, add to that my own loose tongue and I spend quite a bit of time apoligizing! But it shoudn't be thus, we should be more unified of purpose and less beligerant. This current situation can potentially draw us together." he sighs again.

"Anyways, I thank you for the lively discussion, that longevity ritual would help the Order immensely I feel."

Ulrich pipes up, [color=green]"I think a longevity ritual that doesn't cause sterility is a wonderful thing, and I'm willing to do whatever I can to help make it happen!" He then looks a tad embarrassed and seems to shrink down on himself, looking out over the edge of the carpet and continuing to make Concentration-duration roses.