1223.2 Whatever happened to Mr. Walid?

I don't have a touch version of either spell unfortunately. I'd love to find the less than one season method also. There might be a clue in the Apollodorus section? Sorry, I'm drawing a blank at this point other than exploring.

Which House is good at moving stuff from place to place?

True...I went to Korvin in the first place, I should have brought that up. Do we have the portal still? If I go there and the have a method to return us that'd work. After this though, Alexei will be getting a spell to teleport others.

Alexei is in luck. The portal to Harco is still active...

Alexei has a sudden inspiration. "I think I have it." keeping the rock he picked up he turns to Mufarrj. "This may save a trip, I believe I can move us all quickly and have you returned to Mons Electi, perhaps even your home in Spain. My friend can you please give me some hairs from each of your family? I will be seeing some magi that might be able to move uall at once, and they might be able to do it remotely. If you can give me those and wait here together with them." Alexei shrugs. "I might have to come back on my own anyway or with others to do this, but the hairs might save some time."

Assuming he gets the connections Alexei heads back to Mons Electi and from there to Harco.

And at Harco...? :smiley:

Alexei will calmly appear at the entrance to portal of Harco and if is not spotted upon his appearance will call out. "Hallooo? It is Alexei von Kroitsau! I need to see a Magus of Harco please!"

((Really? Alexei has been here before, it's reasonable that he would know who to ask for. Revisit the Race for the Pennant thread perhaps?))

After a moment or two he stops to think as he remembers the deal they made last time. "Uh...Sav...Sev...Saber..." he stops again thuming his staff on the ground as he closes his eyes. "Sevrin! Is Sevrin in? I would speak with him please!" he calls out.

"Are you joking? Sevrin? He?" When it is clear that Alexei mistakenly though that Sevrin is a man. "I can conveniently ignore what you just said for few pawns of vis forma."

Alexei heaves a heavy sigh and looks wearily at Sevrin. "Have pity on a tired wizard who misspoke after a very trying week, will you please? I came to pay for services anyway, you shan't go unrewarded." He definitely looks tired and bedraggled after all of the travel and work.

"Have pity on an overworked Redcap. And anyway, you pay the House for those services. You can pay me for my discretion." He smiles and holds out his hand.

Ah-ha! I call BS!

((Nope. Sevrin's not there yet, you're still talking to the Redcap at the gate.))

Yes, you can do that as a player. How are you doing that as the character? :smiley:

((As a player, I can only go by your descriptions...how can I be certain when your NPC is inexplicably changing genders? :laughing: ))

Ahh. I misunderstood your misunderstanding...
Alexei is not yet taking to Sevrin. I haven't switched genders on characters, but you should not have made assumption that you had been taken to Sevrin yet, or that the person Alexei is talking to is Sevrin.
Alexei is being shaken down. Does he realize it... And if he does, does he just capitulate to the shakedown or try and do something about it?

Wait...so I'm not talking to Sevrin, I'm talking to a man who basically is saying "Gimme vis and i won't tell Sevrin you called her a man?"

Yup.

((That little pissant!))

Alexei's eyes narrow, but by nature he is generous and knows that the Redcaps hoard vis for their items and eventual Longevity Rituals. He pulls out a pawn of Corpus and hands it to him. "Now, get Sevrin if ye please." he growls.