1223.2 Whatever happened to Mr. Walid?

Alexei raises an eyebrow at the interaction between Fiona and Korvin before speaking.

"Good day Fiona, and thank you. Inexorable Search, aye, that's what I thought. I don't know the spell unfortunately. Mufarrj is from Spain, but I don't know if that's where we were. I know our maps are rather...simple. Maybe we can check with our friends?"

((I'm just verifying: this is before Tranquillina is at Mons Electi, yes? Just a few days after Ra'am's healing, if I'm not mistaken?))

((That's correct))

((fine, then good luck suckers :stuck_out_tongue: ))

So if you are not sure if it is Iberia or Levant I must suggest that I cast the spell for direction only. If it points to the South then it is Iberia or North Africa. To the South and East could be Levant.

Alexei nods in agreement. "If only that can be determined, that would be enough I feel. Mufarrj is well traveled."

Korvin will make it a teachable moment since he is giving Abagail the Mercurian virtue this season. It will take longer because Korvin will explain what will happen before he does it and have questions answered. Once he starts the ceremony there will not be interruptions.

Die roll = 1d10=3

Same as the search but Korvin rotates in a circle with his arm extended and will stop when it points to Mufarrj. The preparation will be to draw a largish compass on the floor and when he stops the direction will be known.

You can do the compass or you can do the map of the Order, or you can do both. The compass does point to the southeast.

Korvin will look to Alexei. It is your call for what to do now. Either we need a map or we figure out something else.

((poking the mound...))

((Woops! I was so busy interfering in other's stories I forgot about this one!))

Alexei is tapping on his staff as the compass points to the South East. "The Holy Lands...almost certainly. I will...hold off on the map right now, though we might still do that. I left them near a road, I will bring them supplies and silver and inform them of this. We have no maps here right? If we need more precise direction I can easily come back and attend to it. As it is, I'll likely make a few trips bringing them the things I've gathered. Thank you my Sodale, I shall return and would appreciate your help again should it be needed."

((The way i see it, the map might not be as helpful just yet, and since it's not readily available anyway, I think we can put that on the back burner. It might not tell us anything that we couldn't find out if the road makes it to a town or anything.))

Alexei will gather some of the food and silver and return to Mufarrj and his family with Leap of Homecoming ((If someone could roll please)).

((In this aura, I don't think Alexei needs to roll, it's automatic, isn't it? And it's not stressed, here, certainly, and it's not a matter of showing up there fatigued, either. Coming back there's a chance, but then you can rest and regain fatigue, but it's a simple die, regardless, and so it doesn't matter to the story.))

Ferrying supplies back and forth only takes a few trips.

Mufarjj thanks Alexei for the fresh food and clean water to drink. While the Oasis is fresh water, it's gritty with a lot of silt in it. "What have you discovered, Alexei?"

((That's what I thought too))

"We had no maps available, still working on that. But we believe we are in the Holy Lands as I thought. Using the connection you provided we were able to determine that you are South East of Mons Electi, almost certainly the Levant judging by the desert. We can get more detailed information when we get a map, but I reckon we can also find out if we get to a town by the road. Have you noticed anything while I was gone?"

"I'm concerned that even with you around that it is unwise to try and travel these lands. We are not a well managed caravan. Wife and children, you and I. A large enough band of marauders could overpower us. And for miles in every direction there is nothing, and the road hasn't seen use in a lifetime..."

I don't think I've described Mufarjj's family heretofore. A wife and three children, two older girls, and a young boy about the age of 5. The girls are in their early teens +/- a few years.

Alexei pauses to think several moments, finally shaking his head. "I travelled from Iberia to England on a flying carpet...and the driver of it nearly died when he crashed. I myself fell off and was only able to save my life through a spell. So that method would not be usable, I'm sure you wouldn't trust your family to such a means. I can create a spell to transport all of you, the way I do for myself...but that would take some time. Months at the least even if I were to find a copy." It's clear he is thinking aloud for the most part, spending time in a lab while Mufarrj and his family waited in a cave be an oasis or traveled an unknown road was not an option.

((Is there a known copy of a spell to transport someone touched or to move a Group? The only option that Alexei has would be to create a charged item that would TP a group, which Alexei can likely do in a season, and get maybe 2-3 charges out of it, but that's still too long, but creating a spell without a lab text is also too long.))

Alexei looks at the road. "Let me take a look down the road a bit...I truly don't have a fast method to get all of us out of here." Alexei picks up a rock from their current location and disappears after a moment of concentration.

It will take 3 or 4 seasons (just looked at your stats, and you do have Flambeau acclaim after all (nonaisequiter)). It depends on you lab set up and how you design the spell. With assistance, you could maybe cut it down to 2 seasons. You will get a bonus for Similar spell (+6 or +7, depending of if itv is a touch range version of SLS or LoHC.
And this spell will be gold! Take a row boat, grab an oar eye off it then sink it. You have an AC to teleport your enemies to the bottom of the sea! I used to do this in 4th edition, back when you could boost spells with vis.

((There is a 1 season method, which would be the charged item method. I figure it's a 45 spell to cast and Alexei had like 47-52 I think. So one charge at least, maybe 2, but one would be enough for now. But I don't want them to wait so long unless I can find some place safe for them. Otherwise it's making a deal with the spirit for them...which Alexei would have a real hard time stomaching.))

Are you trying to move them as group or individually? If the end destination is safe, you could do it one at a time. Level 35 for a touch version of SLS and 40 for a Touch LoHC. Again, similar spell bonus for either one. If you are making a Charged Item, that gives you 5 to 10 extra charges, enough to sip them off one by one and have a few uses left over.

There is a less than one season method, too.