1223.2 Whatever happened to Mr. Walid?

Alexei talks with Mufarrj. "It's an easy enough matter for me to journey back to the Covenant and return with food, supplies, silver, whatever we might need. The problem is I don't know where we are. I'm going to get a better vantage point and see if that helps. And before we leave I'd want to see if there is some advantage to be found against this creature. I'll be floating to a higher point, would you care to join me? I'd need to cast a spell or two on you."

((Can't roll at work but going to cast Eyes of the Cat and Rise of the Feathery Body (I think I have that, or maybe it's Lifting the Dangling Puppet, I'll do it spontaenously if I need to) so we can see from a better spot. If someone would care to roll for me please?))

So, what about these rolls?

Eyes of the Cat is automatic (hell, he could even non-fatiguingly spont it, fuggeddabout the formulaic).
Rise of the Feathery Body can also be non-fatiguingly sponted since he only needs Personal range, not Touch. (I rolled a no botch for him anyway).

Alright.

Lots of sand. It appears that this is an abandoned oasis. There are roads that lead to the oasis, but do not show signs of use. There is nothing but sand and tan and brown for as far as the eye can see.

Alexei lands, he tried to cast the spell while the children weren't looking; some might find it wondrous, others horrifying, he preferred not to take a chance either way. "Desert for miles around I'm afraid. Though I did see a road not far from here, not well used, and no idea where it goes. I suggest we take the road after we fill up on some supplies, especially water. I shall not abandon you, but maybe I could return to Mons Electi for supplies we do not have and bring them here. My main concern is that while I'm gone, even briefly the creature will return."

((Alexei will take some time to see if there is an aura of any kind here. It is a level 2 Intelligo Vim spell, he can cast that without fatigue, he'll do it four times, one for each realm if he's capable.))

Your body tingles when you cast the magical aura version.

"I don't see why he would return, or at least make himself known. He achieved that which he desired, to confront you. He had his talisman in your hand, did he not? Why would he give it up so easily, and then just leave? Only to come back once you have gone? No, Alexei, I think he spoke the truth to you, after a fashion. When next you meet, he will come to you." Mufarjj says. "Give me a knife, and whatever food you have with you." After Alexei does so, Mufarjj takes the knife and cuts off a lock of his hair and hands it to Alexei, "Perhaps you can use this to find out where we are on a map. Some of your Order can do this. I know this from the battle of Las Navas de Tolosa when I worked with magi of your Order."

Alexei smiles, impressed again at Mufarrj's resourcefulness. "You're thinking like a Magus my friend, while I think like a sergeant." he takes the offered Arcane Connection. "My main concern is that he might think I've fled before finishing his game...and become wrathful with you and your family. But you are probably right." he stoops to pick up a rock and put it in his pouch. "It may take some time to get the information and return, but shouldn't be more than a day. I shall return with supplies though before that long." he bows to Mufarrj and waves at his family before stepping behind something to obscure his presence before disappearing and returning to his Sanctum.

((Leap of Homecoming
1d10+36 → [9,36] = (45) 45
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3762468/ ))

From there he signals Helmut to try and find Fiona.

Helmut finds Fiona in the first place he looks – her cottage, where she is instructing Sheelagh in Magic Theory.

Fiona, who is wearing a simple dress, doesn't bother to change before she follows Helmut back to Alexei.

[color=blue]"Hello, Alexei," she says curtly. [color=blue]"How was your trip? Did you find Mufarjj? Is he well?"

((edited to reflect her annoyance at Alexei for pulling her out on a fool's errand.))

((Keep in mind, Fiona may still be annoyed with Alexei. If I'm tracking time correctly this is maybe a week to 10 days since Fiona last saw Alexei. Of course, Mufarjj being found may weigh more importantly on her mind than any amount of annoyance.))

Alexei's blush and nervous cough indicates he's well aware of how he'd been acting before he left to find Mufarrj.

"I and Mufarrj are well, though I do not know where we are...that is to say. Well we are, I am now..." he stops, holds a hand to point to Helmut. Helmut continues in his stead.

"He's been a bit tongue tied regarding this. He found Mufarrj and his family in a cave somewhere, but he doesn't know where. He gave Alexei a lock of hair that he might come back and cast a spell or have someone do that, which can find where he is on a map. Then he can return and help guide them back to safety. Or...perhaps if anyone can cast a spell or enchantment that can bring them back."

Alexei nods. "Sorry, a bit out of sorts since I met the spirit that's been stalking me. And once again...I am sorry for the problems I caused before leaving. Do you know a spell like that or someone that can cast it?"

[color=blue]"Finding someone on the map sounds like Intellego Corpus, and bringing them back is Rego. I don't know anyone who can cast either of those spells, off of the top of my head. Sorry.

Did you ever find more information about that spirit?"

"Perhaps Korvin would know how or know someone. Mercere are good at finding people. I did meet the creature...rather powerful. More amicable than I expected...disturbingly so. I'll likely have to spend time preparing more for the next encounter." Alexei bows. "I have to make haste I'm afraid, I'll be sure to inform you of anything further tha develops."

Alexei sends Helmut to Korvin to see if he's available right now. Meanwhile Alexei will begin gathering supplies for Mufarrj and his family; tents, food, bags, blankets, silver (from Alexei's own stores), light sources (Alexei intends to use magic for the light, but likes to maintain the illusion that it is mundane).

((Might need to page jebrick to this thread.))

Korvin will arrive with Abagail in tow as well.

Alexei. Helmut said you have need of me? Fiona... Korvin lets his gaze linger on Fiona and finally tearing his eyes back to Alexei.

Alexei is arranging supplies into neat piles on a table as Korvin and Abagail arrive.

"Ah Korvin, thank you so much. Helmut, if you please..." he gestures to the supplies and Helmut picks up where Alexei left off. "I may have to make a few trips back and forth. I should design a spell that allows me to carry more...Anyway, Sodale, I was wondering if I could get your help. A friend of the Covenant's, Mufarrj and his family are lost. Well, I know where they are, but I don't know exactly where. I can transport myself to him with the connection I have of him. I need to know where he is though, I think somewhere in the Holy Lands. Do you think you could help me find him?"

Korvin bows his head in thought. That sounds like Inexorable Search. Not a spell I know but one I could try. I wonder if there is something similar to use with terram to use with the rock you have. I am not very well versed in terram so that could be answered later. We will have to locate a map of the area for this to work. Once we do this it will take an hour or so for me to perform the ceremony.

((My estimate of Korvin's CS here is 5(In) +17(Co) +1 (Sta) +5 (Aura) +2+2 (Artes Liberales and Philosophie, for ceremonial) +5 (Mercurian Bonus)=37, rounds to 19, so it only fails on a botch.))

Unless i missed a house rule, Artes Liberales and Philosophiac is added which keeps in in the same area. 18 or 19. Not guaranteed but not bad. Must find that map though...

I missed Korvin's Philo score. Updated it above, still doesn't change the dynamics of the roll.

Mons Electi doesn't have a map of the Levant in the library, nor is there one in Apollodorus's library (just shorcutting that possibility). There is a rough map of the Order as a whole in the library, but it is rather inaccurate. Guess where the best maps in the Order are? :smiley:

Fiona smiles and winks at Korvin. [color=blue]"I'll leave you two to your planning, Alexei, Korvin. I'll see you later." The last seems almost(?) directed at Korvin before Fiona turns and sashays away.