1225.2 Cuts Like a Hot Knife Through Buttah

Korvin licks his lips. Yes. I learned long ago to make my bed sturdy.

Normally I charge 1 pawn of vis per magnitude plus. Any extra vis needed in development is supplied by the subject. For my friends I have waved this cost. I will do one for Alexei after the tribunal. He will just give me a lab text for Leap of Homecoming. I do not think I am organized enough to have you help as well as Abagail. But she might be busy with her studies. I do not know.

Make me an offer.

((Korvin doesn't know, at this point, that he will be doing one for Alexei after Tribunal. In fact, that discussion technically can't begin until 1227.4 between PCs))

Fiona shifts to sit tailor-style on the bed and leans forward, pursing her lips in thought. [color=blue]"Let's see...I am willing to offer my services and those of my apprentice for this project. Hmmm...Seven pawns of vis above that needed for the Ritual. Plus..."

She leans forward even further to whisper conspiratorially. [color=blue]"The subject is Alips...which I think we can both agree is a win all around, is it not?" Fiona grins lasciviously.

((I'm assuming that the 20 magnitudes is better than what she has now...I still haven't gotten an answer to how potent her current one is, yet.))

((Incidentally, just to remove some unnecessary arithmetic, Alips is not considered mundane for purposes of the LR. She does have a supernatural Virtue/Ability. Fiona should pretty much know this, since Alips came out and told her she has some small power and asked for a token to be able to use it. Of course, Fiona may not have put two and two together, because of exhaustion and distraction. Alips wants the ritual done soon (an estimate of within the coming year is reasonable for Fiona to make), that much was apparent, if unstated in dialog. Korvin needs to decide to jettison a season of activity to do Ailips LR, if Fiona wants to pay his price. It is entirely conceivable and reasonable that Korvin may not want to do this, especially if there is someone capable available to do the work, too. Regardless of the price, he might be too busy, or he might find it too much of a distraction. Having someone like Alips around Abigail for an extended period of time may be...unpredictable. Of course, the same calculus applies to Ulrich, but that becomes my problem, not Korvin's. It's also reasonable for Korvin to be concerned about this from a "fatherly" perspective. And for an added piece of information. Praxiteles is not going to seduce Abigail...yet. It will happen later.
OB:Muhahahaha))

((To be done this year Korvin would have to shift some stuff around. Autumn is easier but winter can be done. the question of Abigail and Ailips would be interesting. While Korvin does have a fatherly feeling towards her she would be instructed on the history of Mercere and her duty to the House. Korvin is torn between is feeling that Ra'am would be displeased and what she should do. That Korvin is lecherous he would not see what Ailips does as immoral as it pertains to how members of Mercere should act. This might give Abigail the lecherous flaw. Ra'am would kick me in the shins ( or slightly higher) for that I think. I have not put a specialty in Leadership so I could add one that would effect the Lab. ))

Ailips. Yes. she mentioned that she and her husband needed longevity rituals. hmmmm

Korvin paces about the room. Head bowed in thought.

I can not have both you and your apprentice in the lab. I am not ... organized enough to handle 3 assistants and Paion is far too helpful for longevity rituals and anything with medicine.((Leadership 1)) ((how much would Paul add?))

I think we would sacrifice some potency without Abigail. She is a wonder in the lab. (MT5+Int3+inventive genius3)

Korvin sits on the bed next to Fiona.

Ailips would make the work interesting but distracting. Having her for a season might quite...exhausting.

((No, that was the player assuming that, since Alips had at least one supernatural ability but no Arts or the equivalent, that she was still a mortal vis-a-vis determining the Longevity Ritual stuff. Easily edited.))

((I don't think your Familiar counts against your Assistants for lab work, but Fiona's would. Fiona wouldn't have known that Korvin can only have one assistant besides his Familiar. And, actually, looking at the house rule regarding lab assistants, it looks like he can use his familiar as well as both Fiona and Sheelagh Fiona adds 7 to his LT, and Sheelagh adds 5. Oh, and they both have Inventive Genius, so that another +3 each.))

Fiona doesn't reply at first, but stares off in the distance and licks her lips absently. After a long moment she shivers and shakes her head to regain her focus. [color=blue]"Yes...yes it would," she says with a smile.

She stretches quickly and looks at Korvin. [color=blue]"Does the price sound agreeable, or do you want some time to think about it?"

((Poor Ulrich. Denied.))

((The...session's not over yet. Ulrich still has a chance :smiley: But remind me someday to tell you a rather lascivious use I came up with for Cr(Re)Im))

Unless Sheelagh will get into trouble I would prefer Abigail to help.

[color=blue]"I quite understand. I'm certain I can find the lass some productive way to pass her time and stay out of trouble."

She smiles at Korvin. [color=blue]"So, we're looking at twenty pawns of vis for the preparation of the ritual, plus seven pawns for your time and trouble. And you will have the pleasure of my company for the time it takes to prepare the Ritual for Alips. Does that sound good?"

Korvin smiles back. I will look forward to being close...uhhh...working closely with you. Korvin adjusts his robes. I think we can begin next season if Alips is agreeable.

((What about negotiations for Tribunal?))

Fiona smooths the front of her dress, but makes no move to get off of the bed. [color=blue]"I am extremely excited about this. I would love to show you what I can do...and I'm sure you have a thing or two you can show me, as well." Fiona smiles playfully as she checks him out (and makes no effort to conceal it).

[color=blue]"When we're done here, I'll go talk to her."

No no. Please just be comfortable. Here is the list, in order of preference, of work that we need done. We will supply the vis needed for any ritual that Praxiteles feels he needs to cast.

Korvin puts his hand on her knee. Are we done here?

"Well, of course, if only to make the process less expensive for yourselves. What about time? Time needed to invent the spells? How much are you offering for Praxiteles time? Time is the true currency of a magus, and looking over this list, you are asking for a fair bit of my husband's time. Time where he can't be doing some things he would rather do. And to be honest, as I'm sure my husband would if looking at the list, Petronius would be better suited to some of these tasks, but I don't negotiate on his behalf."

Compensation for his time is what we are negotiating. I do not wish to have him be bored with some trivial task nor am I asking for everything on the list. From the list, what would you say that Praxiteles could do or might find interesting. Then we can go from there. I would ask that any spell that Praxiteles develops for this project, that we have access to the lab notes so we can have a copy. The original will stay with the maker of course.

((If you would like to hand wave what is chosen since you and I are not dealing with a detailed list, it is fine with me.))

"So, you want me to set the opening price, thinking that this will net you some measure of advantage? And then you say you might not want everything on the list. Your requirements are too vague, my lord magus. Firm up what you're asking for, firm up the price you and your sodales are willing to pay, and come see me when you are ready." Alips appears to be a bit cross.
"I need some rest before I join Praxiteles at Fiona's statue, if you don't mind. Come see me there when you're ready. I typically spend a few hours after midday watching Praxiteles strut about without his shirt while working up a sweat. I'll be plenty charged up by the end of that, like I was yesterday, and much like yesterday, Praxiteles will be too busy to see to my needs."

((I need you, or the rest of the troupe to come up with a number. If you want me to come up with a number, I can, but I may choose a number higher than you can live with. I also need you and the rest of the troupe to come to some consensus on the scope of the tribunal site's quality on some scale that you're willing to pay for. Viscaria was going for 11 out of 10. On what's done, such as the bridge which serves a purpose only for the mundane covenfolk of Mons Electi to travel to and from the covenant easily, which could have been done via another regio entrance, it's done, and it's magnificent.))

((My problem is that we are dealing with abstracts. So lets take one thing and flesh it out. ))

I apologizes my dear. I do not wish to insult you or your husband with a low ball offer when I am unsure of what work might and time might be needed. So lets take the villias that need built. Korvin pulls out some drawings of the villias[1]. Can you estimate the time Praxiteles would need to complete them? How many spells might he need to develop to complete? Is that something Praxiteles could do or is it more Petronius's line of work?

[1]Substitute dorm for Villia if that is what is needed

We both share that problem. So, if we're going to deal on abstracts, I need a number scale and where the magi of Mons Electi want to land on that scale. Picking 1 to 10 is pretty easy for abstraction purposes. Viscaria's goal was to impress, wow, as much for herself as anything. Whether that is still the goal of Mons Electi with her results falling short...I'm unclear. So the troupe needs to determine what level they are willing to pay for/work for to accomplish. It's an abstract, of course. Viscaria's was a 10 or 11 out of 10. Is that the desired level? If not, what is? I can't answer this question, or if I do, the price will be high, and then we get into negotiating quality and price (in the abstract) simultaneously, which I do not want to do. The troupe sets the quality desired, I set the price, and then we negotiate...