1227.3 What Happens Next

:smiley: Believe me, I do understand. And my thinking is not as dissimilar from yours as you may think. Of course I's like to slap him around some. That is merely an expression of desire, not a seriously advocated plan. As for not being ready for him; I think you are wrong, but I also think you miscalculate how I would go about it. Planning and preparation is everything. But still, though it it may be a pleasent thought, it is not the proper way. The Dragon has two heads. Force must be tempered by Wisdom. The Left Hand Path of Apromorian philosophy. Patience and Temperance. Time destroys all things. It is the same as the allegory of the Battle Axe and the Posion Dagger. Both accomplish the same goal. But whereas the axe depends on the strength of the right hand of justice, the dagger is driven by the left hand of subtlety. Long story short, we cannot simply let this go. Bide our time, yes. But sow the seeds that will bear the fruit of justice. Gather information, make our plans and lay our plots. Be ever vigilent. And see what other dirt we can dig up on this guy. There are other means of coercion besides threats of incineration. What are his vulnerabilities? His liabilities? His dependancies? Where is he weakest? What can we use to twist his arm? Perhaps put El Peyoso and his grand nose on the job. Make a performance that moks him and forces his hand.
Other than that, I have no comment on further business. I toss my vote in with the majority.

We can not add all of the magi that might support our schemes. The silver does not allow it at the moment. Please research some ideas for increasing our income so we can handle any of them we might approve. I think we could create magic silver as a stop gap for a year or so but it can not be a standard.

So a dinner tomorrow with the 3. Any other information we need to bring up today?

[color=blue]"No, I said Murion sent her greetings," Fiona says with a smile. [color=blue]"Or her compliments, rather. Let me see..."" Fiona rummages in her pouches for a few seconds before she pulls out the letter and sends it floating wordlessly to Tranquillina. ((Base ReAn 1, +1 Touch, +1 Concentration, for a final Target Level of 3. Her CT is Sta 3 + Re 10 + An 7 + Aura 10 – No Gestures 5 – No Words 10 = 15, divided by 5 for not spending fatigue is 3.))

Fiona grins, looking like she's about to burst out laughing.

Alexei smirks, he's not the quickest of studies of human nature, but he knows Fiona well enough to know she's in on something.

"Alright Fiona, out with it...what do you know about him. Probably something regarding his bedroom activities I'd guess by the way you're laughing."

((Do we have the text of this letter anywhere? Or does Ulfengaard want to describe its contents with any greater detail than what's already been said? Tranquillina is particularly interested in how Ingrid and/or Murion think of Gerulf - such details may or may not be in the letter....))

[color=blue]"Well, I'm in no position to vouch for its veracity, nor would I ever want to be," Fiona says, then leans in to stage-whisper to the others with a girlish grin, [color=blue]"but rumour has it, from someone that I consider to be quite reliable, that he is incapable of 'bedroom activities.' His wand is as limp as a rag."

Is there anything else?

((like info Tranquillina got from Maris and Trai))

If not, I think we can go and prepare for a introductory dinner tomorrow night.

I will take over as Aedilis so we can distribute our vis. I will have the number ready tomorrow.

"Thank you, Princeps," Tranquillina says sincerely. She admires a leader who steps in selflessly when something needs to be done (and of course is relieved that the vis duties were not placed upon her).

((The encounter between Tranquillina and Tria/Maris doesn't happen until 1227.4, so chronologically we're not there yet. I'll be happy to summarize those events later, probably even in this thread. But maybe now, we go on to dinner with everybody? yum))

((You know, considering the people involved... if we were going to create a new thread, the title "Dinner And A Show" might be appropriate. :smiley: ))

Before we go I want to remind everyone that Apollodorus book on Rego is NOT to be mentioned to anyone. Epically Rose. Apollodorus left instructions that the Tremere were not to learn about the book.

[color=blue]"Not a word shall pass from my lips, Korvin. You know I'm the very soul of discretion," Fiona says.

Alexei arches an eyebrow and thinks for a moment. "Oh! Is that the book in Greek I believe? I'll honour his wishes and keep quiet on the book."

((I think his instructions were to not let them have the book. "Tell Maris the book is not for Tremere."))

((By not telling them about helps prevent them trying to get it. I'm just working in the Tremere's best interests to remove any desire for the book which may lead them to commit a crime. :smiley:

We doing the diner in this thread or a new one?))

Note to Alexei, addressed to "Alexei von Kroitzau ex Flambeau, Imperator of Mons Electi, Chief Hoplite of the Normandy Tribunal, Grand High Panjandrum with the little round button on top".

Alexei,

There was a rumor going around at Tribunal I thought you should be aware of. People were saying that Mons Electi was very stretched for resources as a result of Tribunal: that you were out of vis, out of money, in debt for vis, in debt for money, had to lay off most of your turb... the details varied with the teller. I wasn't able to trace where it started. I think it was one of those spontaneously generated rumors, you know the type -- one person ventures a supposition, another repeats it as a rumor, and before you know it it's snowballed into a full-fledged Widely-Known Fact.

Anyway, that's not important. What is important is that I saw several Montverte magi paying very close attention to it. Listening intently when the subject was brought up, making discreet inquiries, etcetera. Given Montverte's reputation, I thought you should know.

Yours,
--Stultus

Several weeks after the vote, Korvin sends a note to Stultus asking how he is doing and inviting him to stop by for a chat.

<< Sub-scene 1: Korvin, Stultus>>

Stultus knocks on the door and (assuming a reply is forthcoming) sticks his head in. "Got your note, Princeps. Sorry I'm late. My nose was here on time, though, so I offer that in my defense. You wanted to see me?"

He wanders in (again, assuming an invitation is forthcoming) and clambers into a chair, perching on the arm.

EDIT: added the sub-scene tag.

Some time after the dinner a large and gruff grog named Michel comes and knocks on the door where Stultus is known to stay. At the answer he looks down on the diminutive magus and nods.

"The Imperator would like to see you when it is convenient for you. If now is convenient, I can take you to him." he says in German with a French accent.

(( Oh, this is going to get confusing... ))
<<Sub-scene 2: Alexei, Stultus>>

Stultus blinks up at Michel. "Now is certainly convenient, since I have a guide," he says in French. "I still get lost around here."

Some short while later (with Stultus, everything is a short while) he pokes his head into Alexei's room. "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant. What can I do for you, Alexei?"