1228-1229 OOC

I'm receptive to your opinion in general (would love it if others weighed in too); but I'll point out that I'm proposing to pay a Redcap to do this, and silver definitely means something to Redcaps - it appears in canon more than once that they get tipped in silver (as well as in vis, on occasion).
I also maintain (I think you're seeing this yourself to some extent) that the Build Point costs for various covenant commodities are wildly inconsistent with one another, and should never be used to create "currency exchange rates" among the items thereon.

In the end, if I'm proposing 3 pawns and you're proposing 5 pawns, then we're already in the same ballpark, which makes me happy. Bargain roll perhaps?

I would guess the vis is for the trouble the Redcap needs to find the books in question. Adding silver to purchase the books would be in order.

Totally agree.

I guess part of Tranquillina's motivation is that if the vis bribe is nice enough, she can get them to worry about the modest silver cost themselves.
((I mean - OOC, I could care less about throwing silver at them, since we're hand-waving covenant finances anyway. But IC, she'd want to save the silver cost if at all possible.))

Bad roll my price, good roll your price :slight_smile:

My economic averages are based on what I percieve as the value of a pawn of Vim Vis (the most comon and most in demand), This scale here is what I have been using in my game. It works relativly well so far, but I am now thinking I charge too much for paper goods...

I'm down with that - just want some confirmation from outside our duo :mrgreen:

Just ran the numbers again (and will be posting her Seasonal Advancement to get her to where we are in that story shortly). The Thrusting Stone has an Enchantment Level of 15, and the Unseen Porter variant an Enchantment Level of 8, with no additional magnitudes for the requisites. She has Corpus 15, Herbam 10, Animal 7, Terram 5, and Vim 6, so her lowest Form is actually the base Form. Her Lab Total is 47, which enables her to do both enchantments in a single season; I didn't include the +5 Talisman Bonus for the lab work on that part, but adding a magnitude for fanciness would make the Enchantment Level 13 instead of 8.

Basically, the visual I had in mind when I originally posted this was she would use the Talisman as like a grasping claw type thing. She would reach with it, touch the crate/boulder/sheep/person/whatever, lift it with the Talisman, and move it to wherever. If that doesn't/won't work, I can drop the requisite and it won't affect the Effect or Enchantment Level any.

Speaking of vis. Fiona needs some. 12 Vim for Winter of 1228, 3 Rego or Terram for Spring of 1229, and so far 2 Rego or Herbam for Summer of 1229. She has enough in deferred allotment, but she feels she should let Gerulf know before she starts pillaging the stores.

Be VERY careful with the Vim. We do not have much and must have enough for our AoH. I'm going to adjust the expense for the AoH to include some Rego vis so we can build up some Vim.

Looks like Gerulf needs to say no. I've received a message from him, that he's going to be unavailable for a bit.

How much vim would there be in stores in Winter of 1228? This would be after the Aegis. Tranquillina's requirement in 1228.4 would have come up after the Aegis in 1228 would have been cast, and it's reasonable to presume that only vim was used for that ritual...

meep!!!

Roberto's request of two rooks...
What kinds of vis are available? Using it as Hermetic currency, any Art will do. But I am expecting to encounter Inferal forces, or magic spirits at the least. Vim is what he will need in a pinch. Maybe Perdo or Rego.

In another game, another Flambeau magus (Jonathan of Flambeau, an English version of Roberto :laughing: ); with Reckless Overconfidence, he grabed a huge chunk of Vis (Perdo & Vip), and sponted an ablation to destroy a malicious spirit attacking the covenant. And I rolled a zero. And so I rolled 18 botch dice. And not a single one botched whew. And so with that, and Confidence, he managed a spell to obliterate the creature. Risked everything and saved the day.
:mrgreen:

the vis worksheet is up-to-date through 1228.4 I would like to cast a better AoH. I think Jacques or Isen would be able to cast the mag12 version with the Wizards Communion.

Tranquillina is fine because it is the last season. By the worksheet, we cast AoH in the 3rd season and collect the Vim vis in the same season. So there was 22 Vim in the 4th season.

I need to update Claude and Jolanda. what was decided as the grog xp per year? 20 or 30?

We can go up to 30xp, it suggests that the covenant is seeing to a lot of training opportunities. If ability scores in certain areas appear to be going too high, I reserve the right to thwack them down. Revenue producers should probably have less XP, but I'm not sure we have any statted out grogs who fall into that category. [strike]If they get XP from a story, they need to choose, much like magi do, whether they get the XP from that, or from the other source for that season.[/strike] I'm just talking out loud, and as far as I'm concerned, it can go however the troupe decides.

I am thinking that news of the largess of Mons Electi, and how they treat their grogs and covenfolk, and that might be attractive to residents of other covenants...

Wait a sec: I thought that XP that characters earned from stories was in addition to their XP from their seasonal activities.
I mean, I know that's not what RAW says, but I thought that that's how we've done it in this saga.

I'm still a little bit foggy... Let me try to come at it another way, since it didn't come out as I intended and said something I didn't intend. Ignore what I said above (in fact, I'll cross it out).

I have a bit of a problem with 30 xp per year for grogs. It's just a lot. And it doesn't seem to make sense, they should be doing stuff, completing tasks, performing a profession, and wouldn't be gaining a lot of experience in other things. I'd like to find a better number than 30.

I will do 20 for now. They are meant to be shield grogs so they could train with the turb or not.

Fiona can take it in other forms rather than Vim, and treat with Korvin to trade it for her on the market. She's not asking for Redcap rates, it's just that he knows who to talk to to get a fair trade.

Is that anything like Shark Week? :laughing:

Tytali, like sharks to the fish school, provide a useful service and strengthen the Order as a whole by weeding out the weak.

Close, but not quite.
Based on the 3.5 Tytali currently in residence, it's more like Snark Week. :laughing:
EDIT: Excuse me. 3.500018 Tytali. I forgot Loys.

It's more like 3 1/3. :smiley: