1228-1229 OOC

"Tough Love" is not really love at all. It is actually a reflection of the abuse one suffered at the hands of someone they love (such as a parent), and in turn handing the abuse down to someone they want to love (such as a child). But it is not love. It is abuse. It is Ego, telling you that they deserve it if you deserved it, for if you didn't deserve it then you were not really worthy of love, and the ego can't accept that.
And I have no idea who Eskil is. I only know Tranquilla (who is not so tranquil as of late).

Is this how it is worded? For I see this as a perpetual free pass to all magi of Mons Electi to use whenever they want and as often as desired. Roberto still has a bone to pick with Ariel. She snubbed his efforts to discuss matters with her at Tribunal, and she blew him off for meeting after tribunal. Roberto requires that she speak with him face to face before he continues working on her agenda. And he also requires quid-pro-quo. A favor for a favor. This ain't no House Tremere, we are the Flambeaux.

You and I must have very, very different definitions of the term...

I have no idea who Tranquilla is. Eskil, however, is the pre-Gauntlet name of TranquillINa.

(Really, Rodrigo, is a Magus's name so hard to remember? :smiley:)

Roberto isn't there. But I didn't write it out and instead tried to convey an intention.

Tribunal kind of petered out, due to my work pressures, and in the interests of getting things moving I skipped over it. But basically she will tell Roberto to pound sand. If he wants something from her he needs to produce, first.. Of course figuring out the cipher is in Mons Electi's interest, too, but everyone else is busy... So...

Why is this an issue with you, Marko? To be blunt it isn't your Story. It's a story flaw chosen by gerg that I am trying to meet. From what I can tell gerg is loving the story. But you're critiquing the story and putting your own color of the motivations of Crumble-hatch. I'm telling you, OOC what she feels. And what you are describing is not tough love, IMO.

Misunderstood again. Trying to lend moral support. That's all. No critique on story at all. Excellent story. Critcizing Crumble-hatch's personality. OCC, letting Gerg know that my character will back his character up (as much as possible), so that he may feel encouraged to take what steps are needed and be confident that it will all work out :smiley:

There are much more effective ways to do it, IMO. Id much rather see Roberto go to Tranquillina and offer to remove Crumble-hatch from the covenant. Turn everything sideways make it worse in the long run because Roberto's misguided opinion believes he is helping. Criticizing her personality IS criticizing the story, because up to this point that's about all we have seen of her. Yes, she's a bitch, but only because Tranquillina directed that she be that way. Can't have a Tormenting Master with someone who is all sunshine and lollipops. well, you could, and now I have an interesting idea...

If you would decide to have Roberto act, I suggest getting gerg's blessing, though.

Roberto washed his hands of it and put it on Stulatus. He won't act unless specifically asked to or he percieves a dire threat to the covenant. He sees how upset Tranquilina is acting, and will let her know she can count on him if need be.
And yes, you have played an excellent job of portraying Crumblehatch as a total b*tch. You invoked the proper feelings. So a critique of her character is not a critique of the story, it is a complement on the story.
And my spelling sucks.

I submit, if you're being misunderstood again, you need to change the way you deliver your message.
If you're being Roberto, be Roberto, do it IC, even in this OOC thread, I have no issue with that. If you're being Marko, I need to know you're being Marko. If you want to critique what's going on, more or less in character, with Tranquillina and Crumble-hatch IC, between characters in Roberto's coterie, that's a fabulous idea. Doing it out in the yard practicing with the grogs, or in the dining hall enjoying some food and wine, is great. My point is doing it somewhere and in such a way that other characters have an excuse to interact with Roberto. Doing it here really doesn't do much, except, IMO, have me misunderstand where you're coming from or what you're saying. I may not be the only one here.

Roberto may have washed his hands of the affair, but that doesn't mean that he and his grogs aren't talking about it, or observing what they've noticed. Right now, there is a slightly wibbly-wobbly time stream, so I just ask you to define the event as a player happening at a certain time. Saying it happened a day or two after Loys was claimed as an apprentice, even though Roberto can't know that...

Time-stream-wise, a good way to calibrate (as JL sugegsts) is to base everything off of the Beginning of Loys's Apprenticeship. So Cumhachd arrived about 5 days before that (give or take); Tranquillina will be fixing the Arcane Connection from that day until seven days afterwards. About two days after BoLA, Tranquillina goes to Fiona's cottage (as I'm about to put in that thread), etc.etc.

hehe! 8)

Okay. New plan. It looks like Fiona has three seasons free (Winter 1228, and Spring and Summer 1229). I don't know which, if any, seasons Petronius will be wanting her (and Sheelagh's?) help with the statue. But, if he doesn't need her help, she would like to spend two seasons learning Ancient Greek from Benner (which would get her score up to 4, and thus allow her to learn from the Greek texts), and one season learning Leap of Homecoming from the text that Alexei scribed. Because there's no size modifier in that spell, that would (presumably) require to spend all her lab time in her Petite Mascarade form.

Sound good?

I don't see why you'd have to be ensmallened to invent the spell. Nothing in the rules say that you can only invent spells that can affect you personally. (I mean, RP-wise, sure you could test it on yourself a few times near the end or something....)

Yeah, what gerg said...
Otherwise I'd probably have to throw some warping at Fiona...

If the troupe's okay with her needing to be smaller only at key points during the process, that's fine. But as I read the warping rules, she'd only get a Warping point if she were LPM at least half the year.

But being small part-time works for me.

You should have asked in-character, you know...

But when asked, he confirms that he will need neither your nor Shelagh's help to work on the statue. So they are both free to plan other activities.

Am I supposed to know what happened between Stultus and Alexei (that caused Rahere to get so literally pissed off)? I'm blanking on it....

Also, apropos of almost nothing, but your Aeslin mice and all the Greek literature at Mons Electi make me wish for a war with frogs one day. 8)

Well, technically Tranquillina was present during the scene, although I suspect she had her mind on other things.
However, no one else picked up on what Alexei did, including Alexei himself, so don't feel bad. :smiley:

Thanks for the idea!!!!

I'm glad it's not just me. I've been thinking and thinking so hard it even got me out of bed to do a search for it. And I still don't know what happened.

You do not think small. Is this the culmination of a 600 year old plot :open_mouth:

No, it's only the beginning. And it's a shameless theft from Guardians of the Forest, putting pieces in place together.

What the Hell do I do to keep pissing people off? Alexei is truly clueless...

I should have asked in the first place what Alexei said that set Rahere off. Don't say it if you don't want to, it goes along with his character to just be a bit too out of touch.