1228-1229 OOC

She had gathered an audience, and was not passing on knowledge, but technique. The knowledge was necessary to pass on the technique. The knowledge wasn't important, but it was still substantively true. Stultus should recognize that she's just passing on what she's heard about the Magi of Mons Electi, when they think word won't get back to them. Of course, no one realizes that this eventually makes it to a Tytalus, who are gossips, at heart.

Did you hear about so and so? Poor husband up and left her and moved in with a woman half her age. Bless her heart, she didn't know they'd been running around for over a year. Those familiar with the Southern US will recognize that Bless her/your heart is license to say the meanest things possible, because, well, they are true, and sometimes the truth hurts. :smiley: The internet vernacular is Just sayin'. :smiley:

JL plays a good Tytalus. Has you guys hooting and hollering :mrgreen:

And I would debate that it is only Korvin's reputation that is at stake

I give good Tytalus, me love you long time.

That's because Roberto is a paragon of virtue :mrgreen:

Well, she probably didn't think Roberto was worth insulting. Of course what she did with her men is another form of insult...

Small aside. I'm fairly sure that cork was not being used to seal bottles of wine at this time. Now we could assume the the Order has advanced enough to do this but I think they are sealed with max or lead.

one should always use max to seal a cock :mrgreen:

You are, as usual, correct, jebrick. However, making the bottle be sealed with wax or lead would ruin the wine-snob joke. I would prefer, in this case, to have historical accuracy take a back seat to character interaction, since I believe that joke is rather important in setting the mood for the scene.

If the troupe is OK with it, that is. If someone really has an issue with it, I'll edit.

I found it highly amusing. And it's not like Ars is exactly historically accurate in every way. The story (or the joke) takes precedence.

I need some bookkeeping tasks done. :slight_smile:

1. I'm not sure who maintains the vis spreadsheet, or how up to date it is. Could someone please add the following, donated by Stultus in 1227.3: Intellego 4, Muto 1, Perdo 3, Rego 1, Animal 5, Aquam 1, Auram 2, Corpus 20 (no, that's not a typo), Herbam 1, Ignem 2, Imaginem 2, Mentem 3, Terram 3, Vim 3.
    (Stultus prefers not to take his yearly vis disbursement, and just request vis as he needs it.)

2. In 1228.4, Stultus requests 2 pawns of Animal vis.

3. Korvin, I need to know what the Longevity Ritual bonus from 1228.2 is. Stultus has the Difficult Longevity Ritual flaw. His help adds 8 to Korvin's lab total. If Korvin's Leadership is high enough for Rahere to help as well, Rahere adds another 6.

4. JL, would Stultus get any adventure/roleplaying XP for the (finished) scenes he's been in so far? The tail end of 1227.2t "Line of Dimication", 1227.2t "Dinner and a Show", 1227.3 "What Happens Next". (Please don't jump on me for this, I don't know if JL awards XP like that, just figured I'd ask.)

It's on my to do list to go through those threads and figure out something for the threads you guys did while I was busy.
And also award XP/confidence for the tribunal threads and do the prize distribution.

So, get off my back (j/k). :stuck_out_tongue:

Did anyone else hear Ned Stark saying "Winter is coming." here, or was that just me?

The vis spread sheet is a community effort, anyone can modify it, I think. I'll go ahead and add them, though, while I'm thinking of it.

What I heard was a line from Joel Rosenberg's "Not for Glory". Can't quote it word for word, but it was something like "Are you paying attention, Tetsuo?"

(The context was something like so: "Are you paying attention?" "Yes I am." WHAM! "No you're not.")

I'm getting to this. i was hoping Invisible castle would be back up but I can do it tonight if you want.

For Stultus I got a total of 88. i can take it to 98 if I experiment ( I already rolled the results but I'm not going to tell you unless you decided to do it).

For alexei I get an even 100. I can get to 110 if we experiment (same as above. i know the result. you decide).

For Alexei I can use Abagail to help. For Stultus, I can not.

I'm confused as to exactly how they are different numbers?

I edited. I can use Abagail for Alexei which adds 11. If we experiment she adds another 3 ( plus Korvin's +3). Different helpers in each.

Not only does Stultus have the Difficult Longevity Ritual flaw, he also has the Carefree flaw. Go for it. What's the worst thing that can happen? :smiley:

Because we had discussed her going to Phoenix to give birth? I don't remember if we said she was going to be there for a long period of time or not.