1228 Bartomeus ex Bonisagus

I suspect that was a typo on my part. No plan to adjust Pre. So the updated characteristics look like this:

Int +2, Per +1, Pre -2, Com -4, Str -7, Sta 0, Dex +3, Qik +4

Virtues (Racial):
Perfect Balance
Puissant Awareness
Sharp Ears
Magic Animal

Virtues (Personal):
Unaffected by the Gift
Dowsing

Flaws (Racial):
Transvestite
Nocturnal

Flaws (Personal):
Magical Friend
Lecherous
Magical Air

Okay, since you have 2 points in racial flaws that allows 6 points in racial virtues, so you need to pick 3 points from the common virtues of the tortoiseshell lineage (ROP:M p. 70) and add those to the racial virtues. The personal virtues and flaws should balance 1:1, but you can have up to 8 points of personal flaws.

To make sure I understand:

I need to pick 3 additional points from racial virtues of the tortoiseshell lineage per the list on p. 70.

Then I need to balance personal Virtues and Flaws up to 8 points.

if that's the case, then I would update it like this:

Virtues (Racial):
Perfect Balance
Puissant Awareness
Sharp Ears
Dowsing (1)
Premonitions (1)
Second Sight (1)
Magic Animal (free)

Flaws (Racial):
Transvestite
Nocturnal

Virtues (Personal):
Unaffected by the Gift (1)
Common Sense (1)
Keen Vision (1)
Large (1)

Flaws (Personal):
Magical Friend (1)
Magical Air (3) (I'm a little suspicious that this may not apply if he's a magical animal. Technically he doesn't have the Gift. Thoughts?)

Also to be clear I understand it, once we have the Virtues and Flaws worked out, we move to balancing qualities?

The other thing is this should be done on the wiki page rather than here...
Magical being do not automatically have magical air- except for spirits.

and yes, please put these on the wiki categorized as above, then adjust your qualities and inferiorities (magical) on the wiki as well- they should add up to 5 (base might before size was included)

Will add them to the Wiki. Was just trying to validate here before updating. I'll both now.

Thanks!

A Question: On the cat character template on page 70 of RoP:M, I see a group of 5 qualities that might be considered racial qualities. (They aren't bolded.)

Are those required? Or are those possibilities that I can choose? That template is using a 13 Magic Might and assuming 10 points to spend on qualities.

Just want to make sure I'm holding to racial template where required.

Will also adjust the characteristics based on the Large virtue. RoP:M p 55 indicates: "A creature with the Large Virtue has 1 less point of Quickness and 2 more points of Strength than its base statistics."

So Str will go to -5 from -7 and Qik to +3 from +4.

Do I have that right?

You have that backwards- a large cat would go to size -2, lose 1 might, Str would go from -5 to -3 and quick would go from +3 to +2.

I'm not sure which 5 characteristics you are talking about- in the cat template there are 3 virtues and 1 flaw that are not bolded which are the same virtues and flaws from the cat template in book of mundane beasts.

looked at the wiki- Aurelius looks good and completely checks ot.

1 Like

Thanks!

I also have up to 1223 posted in the Roll of Seasons. If that checks out, I'll put up another character sheet reflecting the updates through 1223.

I've prepped the next 5 years but have a few I need to review with you on those 5 years regarding a Summa creation and a spell invention. But that's for after you approve the up to 1223 section of the Roll of Seasons.

My excel glitched mid analysis, so I'm going to have to dig into this advancement a bit more. In the meanwhile lets try for consistency in formats- the difference between xp and Xp on the sheet is significant, and leaving it off completely more so. Also lets try to keep this in even years and more the spring of 2018 to the next section, and if you have included it in the character sheet then undo that as well for now.

Gotcha. I'll revise and let you know here when I've got that done.

xp = correcting for consistency to Art/Ability Number xp

Shifting years so this one ends at Winter 1217. Next section will start at Spring 1218. I'll update the corresponding Character Sheet to that.

Two questions/observations for clarity:

1. Familiar advancement. Per p 52 in RoP:M, it looks to me like Aurelius isn't likely to be advancing at all. Rules are that I subtract the Might (7) from any Advancement total gained from practice, adventure, exposure, teaching (possibly others). Transformation might be possible but only after lots of discussion with you (SG). Do I have that right?

2. Is the information I'm including in the Notes column helpful, formatted ok? I've mainly put something there to help me remember something about that season. Want to verify I'm on the right track there.

Familiars are exempted while they are with their magus to the reduction in study totals.
the excel ignores the notes column, so it is definitely okay at minimum

Fir Bartomeus the only issue I see is that you didn't include order of hermes lore at 0(4)

Understood on the Order of Hermes Lore 0 (4). Will add that.

On familiar advancement, I'll work on adding that in. I anticipate it's mostly about practice and exposure, adventure should Bartomeus do so as well.

Now updated on wikidot, both Roll of Seasons and Character sheet reflecting the start of 2018.

I have 96 points into intelligo for a score of 16 (96*1.5=144 effective points)

Hmm.

The advancement looks like this for me:

45 (Gauntlet)
2 (Winter 1208))
2 (Winter 1209)
16 (Winter 1213)
19 (Summer 1214)
16 (Spring 1215)
11 (Summer 1215)
SUM: 111

111 * 1.5 = 166.5

I've double and triple-checked against both my spreadsheet, the roll of Seasons. I don't think I am missing anything.

At Gauntlet it was 45 xp. I did not apply the 1.5x to get to 45. Only realized that later and am following your approach do doing the 1.5*current total.

So not sure where we're off.

I probably should update the notes field for the advancements in 1213 - 1215. The art score changes I note are not taking into account the 1.5 but that's not really impacting the total for the character sheet.

It would appear that the difference is at gauntlet, where my version has 30+15(affinity) and yours has 45 and a claim that you didn't take affinity into account.
ultimately whatever you did or did not take into account or remember taking into account what was approved did take that into account, and your score should be 15 lower in Intelligo for base experience.