1228.etc Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting

TB's totals before the die are:

Twiggberry's initiative total is 12/13 ish, he's very fast.

TB's attack total of 22 vs Falko's defense of 14, AA of 8 vs a soak of 5, Falko loses a fatigue level.
Defense total of 22 vs an attack of 6, no effect.

TB jabs Falko gently with his left fist, getting his attention, and deftly steps over Falko's outstretched leg, and chuckles.

Marko, go ahead and start up your fight with Twigberry. We can either retcon it to be another night, if things go south, or treat it as happening immediately after Falko's 'bout.

Junior wagers with Carlos, two pennies on Twigberry :slight_smile:

Then he turns his full smiling attention to the match at hand :smiley:
[color=green]This is friggin' awesome!

Shall do :slight_smile:

Junior's Initiative: 1d10+1=8

Falko's been hit in fights before, and worse than this one; but he definitely felt the punch. He shakes his head, not smiling quite as wide any more. He's used to being the quicker one in a fight, but this little beanstalk is hard to pin down. Falko decides to bull rush TB, with as much energy as he can muster, and try to wrap him up in his arms, hoping to gain an advantage that way.

((Grapple attack, exerting himself (loses a second Fatigue level). Attack = 13, Defense = 16))

I just checked out Junior's stats, and I screwed up by transposing Dex & Quick. I corrected the sheet here on the Forum, but left the verion on Obsidian Portl version unchanged for now, so you can see my error.

((I actually did something wrong the first, round, I took AA of 8-5 for damage of 3, but it should have been 8+5-5, meaning loses two levels of fatigue. We'll say he pulled his punch)
Twiggberry punches, but this time he means it... :smiley:
Attack total of 17 vs Falko's 16 1 AA + 5 damage vs a 5 soak, is damage of 1, Falko loses another fatigue level.
Twiggberry dodges Falkos bullrush easily, with his defense total of 22 (again!) vs Falko's 13.

Falko is down to Tired and is at a -3 for all actions.

Falko feels Twigberry's left jab again, this time it feels a bit more forceful, though it barely seemed to connect with his jaw. Falko never thought he had a glass jaw before, now he's not so sure. "Whoa there, son. You're going to hurt yourself. Unless you're trying to run out the door that is." Twigberry says as he deftly sidesteps Falko's bullrush. He breaths on his nails and buffs them against his tunic as he turns to face Falko, while Falko collects himself.

No biggie, if it's not too much trouble, can you do the cribsheet like gerg did? Go ahead and do your attack and defense rolls, too.

Junior employs Exertion, spending a Fatigue level to add his ability score to his Attack. He halso has barfighting as his specialization :slight_smile:
Attack 1d10+11+9=25
Defense 1d10+10=17

Falko can still stand up, but not 100% straight up. He knows when he's beat: he gave everything he had during the last rush, and he didn't even come close. "All right, all right," he says, holding his palms up to Twigberry. "You got the better of me. When you find yourself wanting your first drink, it's on me." Falko rubs his jaw, feeling the pain but still cheerful enough about having chosen to participate (would've been nice if those punches had at least fazed the guy, though..., he thinks).

Twigberry isn't giving anymore freebies.. :smiley:

Twigberry: Attack of 20 vs Defense of 17, AA of 3 + 5 damage -1 Soak for 7 total damage, effective Medium wound resolves to 2 fatigue levels lost
Junior: Attack of 25 vs Defense of 19, 6 AA + 2 dmg vs a soak of fuggeddaboudit.

As Junior was watching Twigberry against Falko he noticed how fast TB was, and reasonably presumed that a powerful attack was the only path to having a chance. And then Twigberry hit him. It looked like it was going to be a glancing blow, and it wasn't much, but the small tap to his abdomen had such force behind it that Junior lost his breath. Junior did manage to connect and land a blow on TB's belly, but it felt as if he were hitting something as hard as Roberto's sword. In Junior's experience, such a blow has normally leveled similar opponents, even bigger opponents.
Junior's attack is very effective, and he connects with a huge body blow, but the guy's gut is like the steel of Roberto's sword. Junior suspects TB's been ensorcelled or something and about that time TB gives him a big grin. And gives him the come hither wave with his left hand.

Junior is at -3 Tired now.

Am I to presume his wave to mean he is Delaying his action and waiting for me to come at him? If so, Junior will likewise Delay his action. He will wait for Twigberry to come at him.
My hope is, if you allow (referencing rules from Lords of Men page 118 & 119), for Junior to hold his Delay over until Twigberry attacks, then try to Interrupt his attack with an Action Priority roll. Twigberry is quick, but Junior is banking that he has superior skill.
Junior plans to Interrupt Twigberry with a Throw, grabbing him as he comes at me (Junior) and toss him over my head as I fall back. Then try to Pin him the next round (LoM, p.132-133)

If Permitted and things work out in the anticipated sequence..
Action Priority roll (SD + Quick + Brawl - Enc - Fatigue)
1d10+1+9-3=17
Ignore that math, he rolled a zero :frowning:
How many botch dice?

Just one unless he would normally be drunk, then three. It isn't a delaying action, more like the flow of combat being described. Don't read too much into it and don't make it more complicated than it is. :smiley: It should be readily apparent to Junior that this man is quite a bit more than he appears to be.

Claude has another drink and begins waxing forth. You are going about it all wrong...Your weight is on the wrong foot...Rotate your body with the punch...Roll with the punch you idiot...Any fool knows that is not how to grapple.

I'll go ahead and add that Junior can do an awareness check, if he'd like, to ascertain whether he really is more skilled than Twigberry it won't impose any penalty on other actions.

A gravelly voice comes from a dark corner. "You going to put your money where your mouth is, Clod?"

Of course and you?

((We can do additional fights simultaneously. With the stipulation that, Twigberry gets to rest and recover any fatigue lost between bouts and if he should happen to lose somehow that the bout follows on the subsequent evening. The same purse will be offered, so some lucky grog could end up very rich...))

"Oh, suure..."
A muscular, unkempt-looking man, wearing ill-fitting homespun pants, shambles out of the corner of the tavern, carrying a tankard. He hands said tankard off to Falco with a "Hold my beer and watch this!" and takes up a position opposite Twigberries, scratching unselfconsciously at the mat of hair covering his chest before spreading his hands like he's about to hug Twigberries.

"All right. Let's do this."
(Init +1, Attack +10, Defense +8, Dam +1. Soak +5.)

Attack: bonus +10, roll of 9=19.
Defense: bonus +8, roll of 6=14.
Attempting to initiate a grapple.