2.1 Preludes - Cijara / Phoenix Covenant

Amos turns to Archmagus Jamie, whom I assume has still been standing there, "And I refuse to be slandered so. I am still to blame for my rash actions, and possibly losing you a valuable vote - I accept the punishment coming forthwith, but I freely lower my Parma and will submit to the Frosty Breath of the Spoken Lie. I demanded he take back his words, he mocked mine and repeatedly refused to challenge my understanding of his statements, just as I stand and immediately challenge his accusations of lying now."
Amos stares at Serrano's departing back, "I am sorry Hiems, I admit i acted rashly first but I am still standing here in discussion. He's the one that keeps marching off and refusing to clear up anything."

Jaime: "None of you are apprentices, least of all mine. Until you sign the charter, and are formally accepted at Council, I have no obligation or duty to manage your social lives. I invited you all into my covenant because I need your votes, not your petty squabbling. But since it seems I must deal with the later in order to have the former, I will call a formal council meeting at dinner tonight, accept those who have signed the charter, and then the council can deal with this matter, and any others, as will."

Jaime turns to Serrano, who is just stepping into the regio border, and speaks to his back. "What say you, Journeyman Serrano? Will you attend and have your grievances handled through due process?"

"I thank-you for the offer archmagus , but i do not have any greivances."
"My presence or absence should make no difference to the proceeding."
"For now , i will spend some quiet time in prayer , then take my leave elsewhere."

Hiems is astonished and disgusted by what he perceives as strong-headed stupidity. He feels like dealing with children and, while he previously empathised with Serrano, seeing Amos recognise his errors and apologise while serrano persists puzzles him utterly. Why must people be so emmotionnal and irrationnal about things?

Should he try something? Or not? This feels useless, and he finds it hard to care.

PLease. Could we talk this out quietly? Serrano, Amos here was wrong, and apologised for it. Yet, you must understand his point of view. Can't you forgive him and move on? In you own way, you're acting as harshly as he did. Aren't you christian enough to give the man another chance? Are you throwing us all to the pit alongside him?

"If i have to explain , there is no point arguing."
"Your statement indicates that you do not understand what is happening."
"Thank-you for confirming my intention to leave immediately."
"My record as a hard-worker for many covenants , will not include Phoenix it seems."

"I'm sure the rest of you will have much joy of Amos in the coming seasons."
"I suspect there will be more than one apology from him before many days have passed."

OoC: This means that Serrano will not stay and break bread with any of the local christians.

This hurts.

Hiems was trying hard to be social, open and friendly.
Yet, despite his efforts, without even understanding clearly why or how, he is rejected. Again. And through this opening in his defenses, serrano's words strike where it hurts. Having this occur with the parma, like it did before with madame, can only reinforce that fallacious feeling he has: There's something in him that makes it so he can't be loved, barely tolerated.

His cold facade coming up full force
Do as you wish, then. I won't waste your time anymore.

He'll then go and walk, until he finds some lonely and dark room. Once entered, he'll close the door, sit next to it, and depress.

((OOC: Hmm... you didn't break bread, but did you go and visit the empty church? Father Pierre had to have gone somewhere, and if your troupe would have naturally gravitated to the church, I'm sure they tried to make introductions amongst themselves. If you guys suddenly depart, Amos would be sure to get an earful from Father Pierre... I can think of one last idea that would be both in character for Amos and still be asking you to stay))

My aunt went in vacation in provence.

This is in france, not spain, but, well, when I saw the pictures, I immediately thought about Phoenix.
What do you think of it guys?

Verra nice!