2.1 Preludes - OOC

According to my notes:

• Ravenscroft/Serrano will be joining us later.
  • Chico/Amos was last seen in Castiblanco, looking for Servus so he can arrive with him.
  • JM/Servus hasn't been seen in the Cijara thread yet, and is still in his personal prelude story

Have I missed something? JM, Chico, do you just want to show up at the hot spring and skip all the background story? Run your pre-arrival conversations in parallel? Or would you rather continue at the pace you're at and arrive at Phoenix later?

Is everyone enjoying the pace of this so far?

I know I am.

I find it rather fast at the moment, but I am aware that this is because my life has been so eventful recently (I've seen an ultrasonic picture with two placentas this week, which is why I feel the need to read a few books and to prepare)
I'd prefer Servus to join in the least complicated way possible.
I keep reading what happens in the thread, but let's assume he's rather introverted for now.

I know you're trying to get us all together so we can start... I'm okay with being deus ex machinaed onto Covenant Grounds and skip some of the intro stuff. However, if JM has the time, then yes, I would rather parallel our arrival and give my character time to suck up (poorly) to the Quaesitor. :slight_smile:

Amul , if you are having trouble finding things for Serrano , clothing isn't all about the making , it's marketing as well.
He has travelled with a troupe of entertainers all his early life and for 5 years post-gauntlet.
Clothing to one person is a disguise to another.
What kind of people would be interested in uniforms or livery , that can be made quickly with no questions asked.

No troubles (yet), but the story seed I gave you the three of you seems to have been lost in the shuffle. I placed Serrano, Servus and Amos in Castilbanco, with Serrano's troupe just arriving and Chico was the only one who seems to have seen the cue.

~shrug~ It's okay, though, because then you (Ravenscroft) had some real-life stuff which took priority, so we'll just have Serrano and his troupe arrive in Castilblanco whenever you're ready to get back to the game.

Fast? Wow. I find it dreadfully slow, but my perspective is all based on table top.

If you need to take a break to deal with fatherhood, then I don't mind having Servus show up late. Alternately, you can just list yourself as already seated in the "council chamber" when Hiems and Cygna show up. Give us a nod, brief introduction or something.

It sounds like JM does not have the time, though perhaps Ravenscroft does. If everyone is comfortable with the pace we're going at, then I have no objection to continuing at this pace.

hmmm... just to gather everyone together - JeanMichelle, Ravenscroft, any objections to just "fast-forwarding" the three of us into the Council Bath Chambers? :slight_smile: We can "backfill" interactions and meetings at Castiblanco thru PM after IRL family activities passes/are resolved. We've said it before, we'll say it again - IRL always comes first.

(btw, JeanMichelle, congrats on the twins! Was the ultrasound the first realization or did you guys already know?)

JM has already agreed to this, and my understanding is that Ravenscroft's IRL time commitments are also keeping him away from us for right now, so I'm just going to rule that this is how we'll play it. Serrano, Servus and Amos are in the bath.

The funeral is this friday , hopefully i will be back on board properly after that.

I had intended the actual council chambers to be elsewhere, but the phrase "Council Bath Chamber" was too good to ignore. :laughing:

That's okay...when we do something stupid, we can all use the excuse that we're still wet behind the ears.

Okay, now why am I now hearing this in Edward G Robinson's voice?

Just out of curiosity, what opinion has he formed of us?

If I need to roll, I got a 1d10=5 on my roll, Folk Ken of 2 (specialty: magi), and I'm assuming Per (which is 0), for a total of 5+2+1+0=8. If it's Int instead of Per, that would make it a 12.

Since there hasn't been a lot of RP to establish outfits, much less character personalities, the OOC answer here is "one to be determined later."

In game, Cygna can tell that Jaime recognizes her as being from Stonehenge Tribunal, and can tell she has a hot temper. He seems to recognize the other magi, though he is less familiar with Amos and Hiems than the others.

In other news, I note that Ravenscroft has yet to add Serrano or his associated data to the Phoenix wiki and there are actually 6 magi, not 5.

Edit: Were this still Jaime Lannister's story, we would have seen brief flashbacks to the comrades-in-arms whom you each remind him of. But this is not his story, it is a new one.

Oh , is that what that is for. :astonished:
I was wondering what is the correct amount of bereavement xp i can expect to add to Serrano?

Hiems, depressive power in action :smiley:

Your power of depression is nothing to the party-deadening power of Limp-Asparagus Lad.

Please edit, delete, and/or use as you see fit, Amul. :slight_smile: Just wanted to clarify Fati's reactions to the Gift after I had some time to think about it. Ravenscroft made a very good point - why would they be so happy and cheerful of the new arrivals?

And we DO still have "Strong Community", so it makes sense that some of the leaders are still working together a lot, even if the minions themselves - I mean, the rest of the humiliores are divided by their religion... :slight_smile:

Chico, all I can say is that was well and truly awesome. I tip my hat to you, sir!

Seconded!

I encourage everyone to pick grogs/villagers to join in the plotting against the nasty new magi. They should probably go in their own thread...

Oh, and is there some standard correspondence between seasons and dates that ArM uses?